(book spoilers) Why have they made knowing about Dany common knowledge?

^ Joffrey's more complex in the show. I look forward to seeing the reaction to his death, because I think we're going to feel bad for him in spite of everything.

I think GRRM put in the bit where Joff mentions Dany just to remind us that Dany's story is relevant to Westeros politics and to reveal Tywin's attitude to her. It explains why Tywin doesn't send assassins. OTOH making Joffrey the one to raise the subject also raises the question of why Joffrey doesn't send an assassin himself, cos it wouldn't take much.

Btw those spies do seem to zip around Essos pretty quickly - as fast as ravens.

Then how come 3000 Unsullied drove off 25,000 Dothraki at the Battle of Qohor?

The Westerosi were in deathly fear of meeting the Dothraki in the open field.

The dragons are icing on the cake.

are you trying to say that 3,000 unsullied are better than 25,000 Dothraki and a bigger threat to Westeros?

First off to answer your question of how 3,000 unsullied beat the Dothraki the answer is simple: The 3,000 unsullied beat the Dothraki at the Battle of Qohor because the Dothraki were too proud to flank the unsullied, they attacked head on trying to break them, and unsullied wouldn't break. The Dothraki would've easily won if they'd flanked the unsullied but they were too proud. to do that.

Dany doesn't have 25,000 Dothraki, she has maybe 20.

I think you're really making too big of a deal about 8,000 unsullied.

knights+archers > elite infantry

• 1 month later...

As a book reader I found Tywin's comment about the dragons getting smaller throughout the Targaryen dynasty very funny. Why? due to the possibility of the theoretical conspiracy that the "grey sheep" were behind it through drugging. What's interesting is that the news that reaches Westeros is old and only Varys probably gets the latest tweets from his little birds.

Archived