[Book Spoilers] Jorah This Episode

Did anyone else expect that this episode was going to incorporate the kiss between Jorah and Dany? Because of the title I mean. Since they didn't do it at the very beginning of the season like in the book, I was sure they'd find a way to stick it in the bear & maiden fair episode.

When do you guys expect it now? Do you think they'll do it before or after we meet Daario?

I was expecting the kiss this episode too.

I could definitley see it happening after Dany meets Daario, though: Jorah gets jealous and decides to make his feelings known; Dany sees it as yet another attempt to wedge himself into her lovelife; Selmy witnesses the tension (if not the kiss itself) and either begins investigating Jorah (if he hasn't done so already) or finally drops the bomb on his spying; Dany is inclined to be even angrier about Jorah's betrayal; etc.

The whole thing has a rather nice unraveling effect to it...

Did anyone else expect that this episode was going to incorporate the kiss between Jorah and Dany? Because of the title I mean. Since they didn't do it at the very beginning of the season like in the book, I was sure they'd find a way to stick it in the bear & maiden fair episode.

When do you guys expect it now? Do you think they'll do it before or after we meet Daario?

I have no idea when it will be, my guess is after the battle of Yunkai(nothing like a battle to make a man need a woman) or in Mareen when they're alone.

Is it just me or is Ian Glenn coming off appearing to want her more and more? Like he's completely mesmerized by her it seems like.

Like last episode when his Khaleesi asks him about their powerful friends he should've been like "Well they got gold so he's probably talking about sellsword companies from the disputed lands"

but no he's just like "I don't know I can't stop looking at your face"

After.

Daario is behind the Titan's bastard in a preview for next week's episode. Not sure if they're going to combine the Storm Crow's and Second Sons into a gigantic sellsword army or leave them separate, I hope they're separate, I understand if they have to condense to make it easier for TV viewers to understand, but still it will complicate things later with Brown Ben Plumm etc. uggh and the one thing that I did like about Daario is when he gives Dany his gift of the other two leaders of the Storm Crows, I thought that was tight.

Not sure when the kiss will be, but I don't expect Jorah to be exiled for awhile. At this point he'd be gone for more than an entire season and that's just not going to work really, can't have Ian Glenn gone that long.

Well... I think, with all these changes, I dont even "expect" the kiss anymore.

Maybe, they leave it out, or do it just before Jorah is exiled, to make the whole thing more dramatic... who knows...

I really hoped they wouldn't have him do it because of jealousy over Daario. it doesn't happen in the books like that and its not even clear that he is particularly jealous of Daario. His warning about him only reflects what many other characters have said about Daario. It would make him like such an arsehole and for no good reason since thats not what happens in the books. So at the minute I am hoping they try to seperate the two scenes as much as possible. I don't want that scene to be motivated by jealousy.

IMO I think it may be because they are extending the siege of Mereen to be a big part of next season and want to build this love triangle which never existed in the books. Daario was largely a red herring to cover up Jorahs betrayel being discovered and his exile. It never became a story element since Dany was attracted to Daario but never had sex with him (which incidently I think will happen much sooner as well). It may also be that they want to try to make Danys attitude towards him more understandable to compensate for it being Ian Glein and not bald hairy slightly ugly guy.

As for when. I think it'll either be at the very end of this series or at the start of the next one. The first because the ending to season 3 will be fucking miserable. We will have Sansa wedded in a loveless marriage, Ygritte will be killed and Jon left holding her in his arms, the Red Wedding will leave Cat and Robb Stark dead with Arya feeling she has no life left. I don't think Dany winning at Yunkai or freeing the slaves would be enough of a feel good factor, chiefly because the freeing slaves thing is a little shallow and superficial. So I think they might have Jorah kiss Dany and come out then about how much he loves her n wants to marry her n be one of her dragonriders. I think if everything else in the series seems to be really miserable then they could get away with that scene; especially Danys response is ambivalent. It would also create a cliffhanger since we won't really see Danys reaction until next season. Or, start it next season to make a single arc which starts with the kiss and resolves with his exile in season 4. Which mirrors the book ASOS where it starts with the kiss and ends with his exile.

The first because the ending to season 3 will be fucking miserable. We will have Sansa wedded in a loveless marriage, Ygritte will be killed and Jon left holding her in his arms, the Red Wedding will leave Cat and Robb Stark dead with Arya feeling she has no life left.

It's slightly off topic but...

Ygritte isn't going to die this season in Jon's arms. The twenty or less wildlings that are left with Tormond won't have a chance to attack castle black after Jon goes back to the Nights Watch(episode 9) and and and if Jon kills Orell at Queenscrown (which I expect since he gets attacked by the eagle there) then Tormond is left without a way to "see the signal" that Mance is going to give them.

I expect that Tormond will either go back to Mance next season with his tail between his legs or Mance will send them re-enforcements so that they have a chance to succeed.

It's slightly off topic but...

Ygritte isn't going to die this season in Jon's arms. The twenty or less wildlings that are left with Tormond won't have a chance to attack castle black after Jon goes back to the Nights Watch(episode 9) and and and if Jon kills Orell at Queenscrown (which I expect since he gets attacked by the eagle there) then Tormond is left without a way to "see the signal" that Mance is going to give them.

I expect that Tormond will either go back to Mance next season with his tail between his legs or Mance will send them re-enforcements so that they have a chance to succeed.

Indeed:

According to a leaked audition tape, Mance will send reinforcents in the form of the Magnar of Thenn (YAY!)

True, but its quite a prominent part of their interaction and Ian Glein is probably a bigger character in the TV series than in the books. It would just seem very strange to me for them to not re-emphasise that tension between Dany/Jorah that builds until she exiles him. Having to remember a scene from 2 seasons ago would be strange.

So I'd still say beginning of next or the end of this one. Although, TBH, I don't like how the scene with Daario getting on his knees and pledging to her is going to make anything Jorah does now seen as an act of desperation to get her back. Altering the sequence of events has a big effect on the context and how Jorahs actions will be perceived.

Archived