(Book Spoilers) Is Locke an improvement over Vargo?

Locke is very good for the show, a lot better then Vargo, who had a complicated backstory and story overall. I think Locke can be used later in Brienne's story.... after the RW he'll probably run from Harrenhal.

Yeah Locke has had some awesome one-liners in the show, which his actor has played to perfection. That's honestly what's won me over to Locke and made me realize that changing characters entirely (like they did with Jayne Westerling) doesn't always mean the character doesn't work for the storyline. Locke works and is despicable and vile, that's all viewers need to identify with what Jaime and Brienne are going through. All the lisping and stuff from Hoat was funny and the his troop of freaks were definitely creepy guys, but it may not have translated as well onto the screen.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Maybe he'll finally get his chance to kill Brienne at the crossroads? Like, him taking Rorge's place?

Would be a shame to see him offed off-camera by the Mountain or something, after all the work they've done to create this new villain. Would also be fitting to have him return to Brienne's arc down the road.

But yeah, I liked Locke, though I do think Vargo would have been brilliant on screen.

I have been wondering if this was the reason he wasn't thrown into the bear pit. The buildup suggests (to me) that Brienne will see him again. ewwwww....It'll be awesome.

I swear the actor is so good that though I did find Locke generic, I like him... I do wish we get to see him again..

Archived