Greatest Warrior in ASOIAF Westeros and Essos?

Im going with Barristan Selmy but not for long his age is gonna catch up to him in TWOW after him id have to go with Strong Belwas or Grey Worm. I know im not putting any knights currently in Westeros but at the moment Westeros is lacking skilled warriors. They lost there best when Barristan left then their second best when Jaime lost his sword hand. Who do you think deserves the title of Greatest Warrior Alive?

Of all time: Ser Arthur Dayne or Daemon Blackfyre

Since the Series began I'd say King Robert or Khal Drogo.

Currently:

1. Barristan Selmy

2. Sandor Clean

3. Victarion Greyjoy

4. Areo Hotah

5. Greatjon Umber

Honorable Mention: Ser Denys Mallister (his accomplishments are pretty amazing. I don't know off hand and I don't have my books on me, but I think he slew a couple of knights and as many lords on the Stepstones)

Currently:

1. Barristan Selmy

2. Sandor Clean

3. Victarion Greyjoy

4. Areo Hotah

5. Greatjon Umber

Honorable Mention: Ser Denys Mallister (his accomplishments are pretty amazing. I don't know off hand and I don't have my books on me, but I think he slew a couple of knights and as many lords on the Stepstones)

Is it all of Arthur Dayne's tourney wins that make him great? or Battles which he commanded? Oh wait....

Of the dead ones-Arthur Dayne and Robert Baratheon.

The Ones Still Alive-Barristan Selmy and Probably Sandor Clegane.

Honorable Mentions-Brienne of Tarth and Greatjon Umber.

Im not sure Sandor's alive but i gotta admit the evidence that its possible is intriguing though, like the Quiet Isle having Stranger when it is known the Hound was the only one able to control him. The Elder Brother could be lying to Brienne to protect Sandor because he did pity him and seemed to have a geniune care for his well-being and salvation. Very interesting because he could be going through a rebirth act like Jaime. I have a feeling hes dead though. I dont think the Elder Brother would lie to Brienne for some reason

One thing that always bothers me is that Ned never gets any credit for his skill as a fighter. The guy led the vanguard for the demon of the Trident, Robert Baratheon. He also scared the living hell out of Jaime Lannister by looking at him (When he arrived at KL)... I'm not saying he's the best, but he never gets mentioned on anybody's "top" list. Coupled with the "valyrian advantage" of Ice, I'd say he has to be somewhere in the top 15 of all-time fighters that we know of in the ASOIAF universe.

The first sword of Braavos, Syrio Forel! You may think he's dead, but I'm still holding on to the dream.

Of known living people:

Essos- Strong Belwas

Westeros- Tormund's member. HAR!

This is one of funniest posts I've seen all day. Tormunds is the best of all the wildings dudes a boss and hilarious. He reminds me of the Greatjon in alot of ways

One thing that always bothers me is that Ned never gets any credit for his skill as a fighter. The guy led the vanguard for the demon of the Trident, Robert Baratheon. He also scared the living hell out of Jaime Lannister by looking at him (When he arrived at KL)... I'm not saying he's the best, but he never gets mentioned on anybody's "top" list. Coupled with the "valyrian advantage" of Ice, I'd say he has to be somewhere in the top 15 of all-time fighters that we know of in the ASOIAF universe.

Took the thought outta my mind. Ned just gets hated on for what happened in Kings Landing then no one gives him any credit for all the accomplishments he did before. Ned not only survived an encounter with the Sword of the Morning Arthur Dayne he slew him with the help of Howland Reed. He deserves to be on someones list lol

This is one of funniest posts I've seen all day. Tormunds is the best of all the wildings dudes a boss and hilarious. He reminds me of the Greatjon in alot of ways

I once had a thread on here about who you would want to go drinking with. I had GreatJon, Tormund and Mance.

Took the thought outta my mind. Ned just gets hated on for what happened in Kings Landing then no one gives him any credit for all the accomplishments he did before. Ned not only survived an encounter with the Sword of the Morning Arthur Dayne he slew him with the help of Howland Reed. He deserves to be on someones list lol

Ned literally scared the Kingslayer off the Iron Throne. I put him in my top 10 even though I know the elders on the board will scold me for it.

Ned can be on the list, just no where near the top.

Ned literally scared the Kingslayer off the Iron Throne. I put him in my top 10 even though I know the elders on the board will scold me for it.

Jaime was 16 and Ned probably had Ice in his hands....not saying he wasn't a good warrior,You'd have to be to wield a blade like Ice in battle,But citing scaring a 16 year old off the throne might not be his best moment as a warrior.

Currently:

1. Barristan Selmy

2. Sandor Clean

3. Victarion Greyjoy

4. Areo Hotah

5. Greatjon Umber

Nice picking out Hotah you know hes a beast just for how long hes survived serving the Martells and his training obviously where hes married to his axe.

Jaime was 16 and Ned probably had Ice in his hands....not saying he wasn't a good warrior,You'd have to be to wield a blade like Ice in battle,But citing scaring a 16 year old off the throne might not be his best moment as a warrior.

Gotta kind of agree there Jaime probably looked up to Ned as one of the Great Lords and Great Warriors he grew up with, he probably even admired Eddards strict honor when he was younger but not after Aerys. Obviously he would be scared but that doesnt help Neds case of being a good warrior. Scaring teenagers off a spiky chair isnt war.

Archived