The Best Casting and Worst Casting (in your opinion).

Conor

Worst

Ramsay's actor is WAY TOO ATTRACTIVE.

I also didn't picture Hodor all old and grizzled like that at all!

At first I didn't like Lena Headey's take on Cersei, because I imagined Cersei far more fiery, but she's grown on me!

Best

I've accepted all the other actor choices, but overall, no one's really jumped out at me...many actors are spectacular and do portray characters very well! But none have like, struck me as perfectly being what I imagined.

EDIT! I actually think Catelyn Stark's actress does a phenomenal job of portraying Catelyn.

BEST: Bronn! Dont know this guys real name but he is almost exactly how i expected him to look, and talk.

Roose Bolton: You either love Roose, or you don't yet realize how much you love Roose

WORST: Ramsey snow, the actor is awesome, but he wasn't how i expected based on the books descrptions.

Stannis... I expected more, but i do really like how he is in the books as well as the show

Worst

Ramsay's actor is WAY TOO ATTRACTIVE.

I also didn't picture Hodor all old and grizzled like that at all!

At first I didn't like Lena Headey's take on Cersei, because I imagined Cersei far more fiery, but she's grown on me!

Best

I've accepted all the other actor choices, but overall, no one's really jumped out at me...many actors are spectacular and do portray characters very well! But none have like, struck me as perfectly being what I imagined.

EDIT! I actually think Catelyn Stark's actress does a phenomenal job of portraying Catelyn.

EXACTLY! Wasn't hodor supposed to be a stable boy?

BEST: Bronn! Dont know this guys real name but he is almost exactly how i expected him to look, and talk.

Roose Bolton: You either love Roose, or you don't yet realize how much you love Roose

WORST: Ramsey snow, the actor is awesome, but he wasn't how i expected based on the books descrptions.

Stannis... I expected more, but i do really like how he is in the books as well as the show

Here is Bronn:

Firstly, in defense of Natalie Dormer: she is a FANTASTIC actress and a very sweet lady, I had the privellege of getting to know her a bit, while we were working on "The Tudors". If you haven't seen The Tudors on Showtime, watch it. To me, she is THE Anne Boleyn. Natalie Portman, though I like her too, was a HORRIBLE casting choice for the role in The Other Boleyn Girl. And Scartlett whats her face with the boobs? Yeah...no comment.

The movie was terrible in general.

Natalie Dormer does a good job with the material she is given. It really isn't her fault. It certainly isn't the fault of her acting. Plus, she looks absolutley beautiful in every scene.

Best: Emilia Clarke as Dany. Sorry, I like Tamzin Merchant but I am very glad they recast that part. Tamzin simply lacks the Targaeryn fire needed to play the Mother of Dragons.

NCW as Jamie. Seriously...Jamie is my new favorite character. How did that happen? Mind = blown.

Lena does a very good job with what she is given. Her scenes captivate me every single time. Though I think TV Show Cersei is way more sympathetic than book Cersei (though I am still reading so please don't spoil it for me guys!). That one scene she had with Tyrion where she talked about her children and how she'd always love them, no matter how evil they became, because they were hers....stunning. Simply stunning.

And hey...I have a huge thing for Kit Harrington and he is suchhhhh a sweetie, I can't even tell you. You'd have to meet him. He's impossible to dislike.

All the kids are amazing, IMO. Arya, Sansa, Bran...even that adorable little Rickon (spelling...?). Jojen and Myra are OKAY.....I mean, they don't blow me away. I never miss them when they aren't in an episode.

I LOVE Davos and I didn't in the books. The Red Woman is also perfect. Stannis is boring but...isn't he supposed to be boring? And hey, I loved Renly. Poor old dead Renly...

Sean Bean as Ned, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion and Charles Dance as Tywin get the BEST crown for me. But also, they were given awesome characters so...kind of hard not to love them.

SIDE NOTE: can anyone tell me how to put that cool signature thing on the bottom of all my posts? Thanks!

"Gemma Whelan does an ok job with Yara, but she's not Asha who I've fallen madly in love with (I actually have haha)."

Not sure if this is a result of the direction this actress was given or the actress' skill, but I would say Yara (Asha) Greyjoy left me scratching my head, too.

Book Asha is clearly a very extroverted, cocky, swashbuckling, piratey-type with lots of sass/bravado.

<------Asha Grey (missing the joy but close enough). And yes, I am pretty awesome. LOL.

SIDE NOTE: can anyone tell me how to put that cool signature thing on the bottom of all my posts? Thanks!

Go to where your name is in the top right corner (Next to the sign out button).

After you click it, select "My Settings"

You will see that one of the options in the right the Signature.

After you click it, right whatever you want then save changes

I hope this helps :)

A few actors actually managed to outdo their characters from the books: tyrion/tywin/ and without a doubt, Joffery

The worst castings I would say are by far Daario and Mance...Dany could be better as well, I wont say shes horrible though...I also didnt start reading the books until after S2 so I have a slightly different perspective, overall brilliant casting though, I actually think the Baratheon Bros and Cersei were great castings, I dont see the hate for them

Those complaining that Ramsay's too attractive don't seem too bothered by the fact that Tyrion is utterly ugly in the book - a sharp difference from what he looks like in the TV show. I think people need to accept that visual mediums are always going to have more attractive characters than in books.

My thoughts?

Best casting has to be Arya. Plenty of differences to the source material that I haven't been overly happy with but she has been ridiculously good. Special kudos to Davos, Ned & Sam. Oh, and Varys & Joffrey. And Brienne, Cersei & Jaime. Christ, it really is one hell of cast.

Worst casting for me is probably Mance. I always pictured someone who looked & sounded more like the character of Desmond Hume from Lost playing the King Beyond the Wall. Not many others I can say a bad word about. As someone from Yorkshire in the UK, I find Jon's accent hard to digest & therefore he sometimes grinds on me, but I have faith he'll come good. Like Sandor, who was crap for a season & a half but has become outstanding lately.

Love the adaptation, for the most part.

BEST

The Dinkle of Dinklage (though they should have made his hair match the books, and given him contacts).

Sansa

Tywin

Hound

Davos

Ned

Loras (though I feel they've butchered his character, completely missing his rage at Renlys death, and made him a "promiscuous gay man", in stead of the loyal knight he is in the books)

Varys

Viserys

The Fucking Dragons sweet lawd they are perfect

WORST

generally the ones that mismatch the books badly.

Joffrey: I like the actor, but they've made his caricatured childishness ring false in the past few episodes, to the point where I now can't appreciate him as I could in season 2. They overdid in the silliness, and that has ruined the casting.

Daario: The actor could have done fine, if they had changed his costume, given him some gold teeth, and told him to obscenely stroke his swords. As it is, he's not Daario.

Xaro: Got to join the chorus of disappointment on this. What a waste, obvious political BS - keep politics out of casting! Worst miscast so far, mostly because it's obviously done for bad reasons, and removes an important counterpoint to Drogo and Loras (Xaro was supposed to be asiatic and gay). Please, don't do politics again with the Martells.

House of the Undying: That entire tower was an impostor.

While I agree that in some ways Dillane is physically quite different from book Stannis - personally I would have cast an actor with a more athletic build and a more square face/strong jaw - "confident" is not a word I'd use to describe Stannis. He has a lot of self doubt even in the books, and I actually like the "defeated countenance" Dillane brings to the role. The problem is not Dillanes acting, it's D&Ds obvious either bias against or apathy towards him making him out be some desperate sad sack who also sleazily expresses his "love" for Melisandre, while in the books, even in spite of that "defeated countenance", he kept on fighting.

Also, I see a lot of people mentioning Mance as a miscast character. Show Mance sucks, that is pretty undeniable, but I don't think its because he's miscast. Cirian Hinds is an awesome actor, its just that the writing took away everything that made Mance interesting for some reason. Had they actually given the proper amount of attention to his character I really feel that Cirian could have done well with it - while his portrayal as Caesar in Rome wasn't exactly Mance esque he was definitely a lot more charismatic than he is on GoT.

That is very true. The directors have failed to write those characters accurately or skillfully.

I apparent.y am the only one that likes TV Shae.

Nice casting, and her acting fits the part well. But boring, annoying writing lately. As whores go, she's not very funny.

When I read the book, I sort of liked her enough that her betrayal later bothered me a bit.

Maybe the actress shares blame for this. Hard to say. But as it is, her unlikable character will make her betrayal less of a sucker punch.

There are so many people hating on Kit :\ I think he's great.

I think the best casting is Bronn, Jaqen H'ghar, Gendry, all of the Starks, Jaime, Tyrion, Tywin, Jon, Varys, Ygritte and Davos.

I'm not overly fond of Stephen Dillane as Stannis. I think I would have preferred someone like Mark Strong.

Archived