(spoilers) twow maps

locke and key

so, so far in each book wwe've got at least one new map as well as the original 2 north and south maps in AGOT(KL in ACOK, Beyond the wall and slavers bay In ASOS, The iron islands and Braavos city map in AFFC, and the free cities in ADWD)

so My question is what will be the new map we get in TWOW.

seeing as grrm has shown us most of the world our characters will visit, ( as we know we won't see asshai and I can't think of anywhere else east of qarth worth seeing) I think we may get the map that will link our essos maps together and be the main place of dany's storyline which would be the dothraki sea. ( which we've already seen in LoIaF)

my other geusses would be maps of particular cities that are important, as I said before we've seen most of the rest of the world, but not in so much detail. below are the cities I can imagine seeing are:

• Oldtown
  • Volantis- we know is on the verge of a slave revolution and I think dany will have to go through there, before she goes to westeros.
  • Meereen- not only would I like a map so I can see where all the mentioned places are, but also I think it will be important fothe battle there in future

I also can imagine up-close maps of dorne (for areo's travels hunting darkstar) and a map of the stormlands (for aegons campaign)

1. A detailed map of the Stepstones is likely. Part of the Golden Company was set ashore there. Aurane Waters has setup at Torture's Deep (a harbor in the Stepstones), krakens have been spotted, and pirate attacks are happening there. I also think that part of the Iron Fleet was lost there as well. Lots of action makes for a likely map.

2. With Oldtown under assault and a large battle looming, I would not be surprised to see a more detailed map.

3. North of the Wall. Lots of action still going on (Hardhome). The "Others" may be about to move and Bran is working his magic.

4. Skagos is poised to become a huge part of the story. Rickon is there and it could be a source of fresh troops for the North.

• 2 months later...

Highgarden I feel is going to surface with Euron's attacks and might get a map/prologue feature.

Volantis would be another cool bet, but Dany might not spend much time there.

I was thinking possible a more detailed look at the Stormlands as well as it seems there will be some battles there with Aegon.

Archived