Will Puddles Live Up To His Nickname? [book spoilers]

LordStoneheart

The White Walkers look a bit different than in the books. They're not exactly "inhumanely beautiful" to paraphrase something George said, at least I wouldn't date a girl with the same kind of skin as the WW we see at the end of S2.

When Sam turns into the Slayer this Sunday do you think we will see the White Walker melt into water ala Wicked Witch?

I feel like this is a detail that should stay the same but for adaption purposes could change into something else. Like he crumbles into dust bits or explodes into snow. giggity

Shards > Puddles

That scene was great.

Yes, I think showPuddles needs to be renamed Shards. That way we can keep them separate. Puddles and Shards. We hardly knew them.

I think it was an epic scene. Even the scream, which was very dragony, was awesome. The build-up with the ravens left my heart pounding.

Yes, I think showPuddles needs to be renamed Shards. That way we can keep them separate. Puddles and Shards. We hardly knew them.

I think it was an epic scene. Even the scream, which was very dragony, was awesome. The build-up with the ravens left my heart pounding.

Yiss. I was thinking Shatters, but Shards works.

He was amazing. RIP.

Well honestly I wished the battle lasted longer. It was basically just Sam attacks, Puddles Shards pushes him away, Sam attacks with the obsidian and Shard's a goner and Sam's the Slayer. The end.

have to agree, my non book reader friend was like "how come he didn't get the dagger"

Yeah, and dragonglass is rare nowadays. How can Sam defend himself, Gilly, and the baby now that his sword is no more and the dragonglass left behind? Maybe he got two swords and a hidden dagger. Or, he'll find one along the way. Can't believe I'm answering my own question. :P

There was a Dunk and Egg reference in those scenes. On the list of boys' names, one is Duncan. Awww.

The weirwood with the ravens was amazing and i loved that so much. My mum was all "that doesnt bode well." but i was like "Not quite in this mythos." While ravens are the bearers of bad news, they arent exactly bad news themselves. Plus its clear they were there to warn Sam. I feel a bit of Coldhands and Bloodraven coming on. :)

Shards is great. While im a little sad he didnt melt like Puddles, the fight and the effects rocked.

I think the obsidian dagger may magically teleport back into Sam's inventory. lol!

I know, I was like "Sam, why do you have to fuck up every time..."

I thought the same thing. But it is in character. It's a miracle he had the gumption to actually attack the beast in the first place. Remembering to take the obsidian would just be too big a leap.

I was actually pretty disappointed with the scene. Would have been better to have Shards grab his own sword and knock Sams sword out of his hand etc. Didn't like how Sam's sword exploded, would have been better for it to just crumble to pieces. Also, the Others aren't meant to be super powered! He threw Sam many meters with one hand and Sam's not too light y'know.

Archived