Aegons Kingsguard when he takes the Iron Throne

IMO i think Aegon will take the throne untill Dany comes then the Dance of the Dragons 2.0 begins but who will Aegon decide to be his Kingsguard and will Dany keep any of them as her Queensguard if she wins the war. Jon Connington is obviously gonna be his Hand till the greyscale catches up with him. This is who i think will be his Kingsguard.

Lord Commander-Jaime Lannister

Number 2- Gendry or Edric Storm, one will inheirit Storms End the other will serve Aegon.

Number 3- Garlan or Loras but i think Loras will die before Aegon takes the throne.

Number 4- Possibly Brienne or Obara Sand because i think Renly adding her to his Kingsguard had significance

Number 5- Balon Swann if he survives

Number 6- Darkstar or Edric Dayne

Number 7- To be honest i ran out of plausible ideas at this point you guys help me decide :) Duck would fit this spot pretty well, thanks guys for reminding me of him.

IMO i think Aegon will take the throne untill Dany comes then the Dance of the Dragons 2.0 begins but who will Aegon decide to be his Kingsguard and will Dany keep any of them as her Queensguard if she wins the war. Jon Connington is obviously gonna be his Hand till the greyscale catches up with him. This is who i think will be his Kingsguard.

Lord Commander-Jaime Lannister

Number 2- Gendry or Edric Storm, one will inheirit Storms End the other will serve Aegon.

Number 3- Garlan or Loras but i think Loras will die before Aegon takes the throne.

Number 4- Possibly Brienne or Obara Sand because i think Renly adding her to his Kingsguard had significance

Number 5- Balon Swann if he survives

Number 6- Darkstar

Number 7- To be honest i ran out of plausible ideas at this point you guys help me decide :)

Darkstar has no place in anyone's Kingsguard. He barely even has a place in the narrative.

Also, I don't see Gendry being apart of this Kingsguard (or any for that matter), and Edric Storm has the makings of court life versus life as a Kingsguardsman.

I doubt Jaime will be duped into serving another Targaryen.

Beyond Duck, it's a crap shoot.

What about Duck? He is the first of Aegon's KG, even if he wouldnt have been Connington's choice.

I think Aegon will try and sure up his support from Westeros by bringing up Westerosi lords to his Kingsguard to bind those houses to him, at the same time this action will lose some support he had with the Golden Company. Weve seen how certain leaders like Robb and Ned made decisions that led to their downfall and this might be one for Aegon. Thanks for bringing up Duck though he will probably be the 7th spot.

Cant be both Kingsguard and the Hand

You can't? I wasn't aware there was anything against it, didn't Cersei ask Jaime to be Tommen's Hand?

My list...

1. Jon Connington

2. Duck

3. Some Hightower Kid

4. Brienne?

5. Homeless Harry, for his help in getting the IT.

6. Dickon Tarly (Maybe to troll his dad. ;) )

7. We'll say a Celtigar. Just cause I like them.

Yes, he can. Ryam Redwyne is a famous example. The best knight of his time but a disaster as Hand.

I think Aegon would learn from Ryam Redwyne that a Hand that is also a Lord Commander of the Kingsguard wouldnt work out.

I think Aegon will try and sure up his support from Westeros by bringing up Westerosi lords to his Kingsguard to bind those houses to him, at the same time this action will lose some support he had with the Golden Company. Weve seen how certain leaders like Robb and Ned made decisions that led to their downfall and this might be one for Aegon. Thanks for bringing up Duck though he will probably be the 7th spot.

But Duck has already been chosen by Aegon, he has been given a white cloak. Perhaps Aegon needs to be crowned first before this becomes official but still, Aegon has made his first choice for his KG (even if this might not be the best one).

Edit: Yeah, its probably best to separate the LC from the Hand, otherwise it would be one hell of a workload..

But Duck has already been chosen by Aegon, he has been given a white cloak. Perhaps Aegon needs to be crowned first before this becomes official but still, Aegon has made his first choice for his KG (even if this might not be the best one).

I forgot about Duck being named to his Kingsguard, thats why i changed my 7th spot to him

I think Aegon would learn from Ryam Redwyne that a Hand that is also a Lord Commander of the Kingsguard wouldnt work out.

No, not necessarily. People can multitask, and the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard's job is to mostly... Well, provide security for the King, which he most certainly can do as Hand. One bad Hand and Lord Commander combo doesn't preclude any further Hand-LC combos...

No, not necessarily. People can multitask, and the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard's job is to mostly... Well, provide security for the King, which he most certainly can do as Hand. One bad Hand and Lord Commander combo doesn't preclude any further Hand-LC combos...

As Grip said its one hell of a workload to be LC and Hand. The Hand has so many duties that he has to attend too im pretty sure it would distract him from his duties as LC or vice versa.

As Grip said its one hell of a workload to be LC and Hand. The Hand has so many duties that he has to attend too im pretty sure it would distract him from his duties as LC or vice versa.

But no one said that one can't do it. Certainly one can be a Lord of his region and Hand, even if he puts up a regent, he has to still keep tabs on his castle and make sure that the regent isn't using it for a bonfire, or doing anything that he wouldn't want the regent to. Ryam Redwyne was a bad choice, but say a LC is capable of being both, why not promote him?

But no one said that one can't do it. Certainly one can be a Lord of his region and Hand, even if he puts up a regent, he has to still keep tabs on his castle and make sure that the regent isn't using it for a bonfire, or doing anything that he wouldn't want the regent to. Ryam Redwyne was a bad choice, but say a LC is capable of being both, why not promote him?

To be honest i agree with you i would promote a person to be both if he could do it i wouldnt recommend it for him personally cause of stress and all but if he could do it power to him. You're right that it can be done i retract my previous statement. However IMO i havent seen anyone who is capable, Jon Conn might be if he didnt have Greyscale, and Barristan Selmy might as well if not for his age, i just havent seen one capable of doing both for a long time while still being able to be proficient at both tasks.

The reason I said Jon Con would be both Hand and LC of the KG is because he seems the most motivated and devoted of Aegon's followers. KG vows wouldn't mean anything to him, because of his greyscale, while he is already experienced as Hand from his tenure under Aerys. Also Jon Con has been guarding Aegon pretty much his entire life.

Archived