MLB 2013 II - I Shin-soo Choose You!

Lightning Lord

...and there's a picture of a Korean baseball player on a train.

(Link to the old thread)

Being that the last thread is beyond its last legs, and we've no Bobby Bonilla contract to sustain us much beyond 400, new thread!

Twins starting three games with Boston. We took three of four in Boston, so I am hopeful of getting a series win here. Sadly, I pretty much pencil in Vance Worley starts as an L, so here's hoping Diamond can get his form back in his go tomorrow. :)

Nice way to start off the new thread, with the Bravos whupping the Dodgers!

Ryu hoped to

the Braves tonight, but it was not meant to be. :)

Justin is the man. This win felt good after the awful road trip they had

Justin is the man. This win felt good after the awful road trip they had

It's a good thing he's ripping it up. The offense has been dependent on him pretty much all year.

Braves fans are now officially barred from this thread. We've put up with you long enough.

For once, Bowie is wrong. :)

These Padres unis, while not camouflage, are certainly not meant for HD television. The brown and yellow of the helmets just remind me of shame and regret over any number of food and drink combinations from my younger days.

Braves fans. Please go. Myshkin and i need some time to come to terms with that which just happened

You poor guys...we'll give you some time to commiserate. :P

We're lucky - damn lucky - to dodge Kershaw this series. He'd probably K 15 against this lineup.

From the last thread:

That is fucking awesome.

Bobby B. fucking played your asses, NYM.

It's a lot more complicated than that. It had to do with the returns that the Mets owners thought they were getting from Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme. At the time, they figured they were guaranteed 10-15% returns on investments with Madoff, so much so that they were even taking out loans to invest money with him. It all filtered down into how they were financing the players' salaries, disability insurance, etc. etc. Basically, it was a massive fuckup on the part of the Wilpons that ended up affecting almost every decision the Mets made from the mid-90s to the mid-2000s.

Here's an article describing the whole deal. Here's another.

I've been praying for new ownership for the Mets for the last 20 years. But the fucking Wilpons are still fucking up the Mets every fucking day. They run the team with Monopoly money and can't manage injured players worth a damn. Their medical staff is probably the worst in the major leagues. Hell, a $1 billion lawsuit couldn't get rid of the Wilponzi's. It woke them up a bit to the harsh reality of life post-financial meltdown, and now they're paying for their past mistakes with these inflated no-play salaries. And of course, so are the fans.

Someone once told me that St. Louis fans were the best fans in all of baseball...

That someone was a dick.

St. Louis fans are known to like Tony La Russa, and are therefore stupid assholes. This precludes them from being considered the best fans in all of baseball. In fact I would say that their admiration of La Russa places them below even Phillies fans.

This is the Braves 11th game in a row the opponent scored first. I hope that ends soon

They're playing Earl Weaver ball right now, and I'm not sure I like it. It's great when you actually hit those 3 run homers. But when you don't...

Archived