Arrow 2 - Tommy Got Shafted...Bit Late, BUT SEASON 2 SPOILERS!

Jaxom 1974

Ok, I bit and checked the IMDB page.

that nigh on confirms it's Laurel's sister. Don't know the actress though but will keep an eye out for them appearing in show.

It was also confirmed by the producers which is why I was 100% sure it wasn't Laurel

Additionally, the chemistry between Felicity and Oliver is ridiculous. I loved the comment with the bars "I kept that...I like watching you do that...". It made me laugh since I'm sure a lot of women feel the same way.

I love it when Felicity says what most of the female watchers are thinking, it's nice to be represented on the screen :lol:

Drooling aside, I liked how the season started, Oliver's transformation from The Hood to Arrow is going to be interesting and his new business partner looks like a good antagonist. I admit I'm not a comic book reader so I have no idea who the characters are but she looks like a really cold and heartless person.

Also I'm glad the vigilante we saw is not Laurel, that the sister was alive was a given but I like that they brought her back as another vigilante and not a villain (although is too soon to be sure). I'm really looking forward to know what happened to her

It was also confirmed by the producers which is why I was 100% sure it wasn't Laurel

Now I know why you were so confident; you had evidence :)

The black canary could still be an antagonist of Arrow. She may think he's a menace because of his killing - or she may be killing which will rub Olly up the wrong way.

Now I know why you were so confident; you had evidence :)

The black canary could still be an antagonist of Arrow. She may think he's a menace because of his killing - or she may be killing which will rub Olly up the wrong way.

Wouldn't that almost be a repeat of the huntress storyline?

Wouldn't that almost be a repeat of the huntress storyline?

Yeah, that's why it would be better to at least invert it if they were going to repeat it. She may not even be a major feature in the show and may just pop up every now and then. I guess we'll know in the next few episodes.

My first instinct was that the woman at the end (Black Canary, apparently?) was Summer Glau's character, but my view may be colored because of her character in Firefly/Serenity. I just find it really hard to believe that the show brought in Summer Glau and they aren't going to have her be a badass.

But overall an excellent season opener. Definitely the show I have been most looking forward to this fall, and I'm glad the premiere didn't let me down! And yes, Felicity and Ollie have great chemistry, and I love that Felicity basically is a proxy for the average female viewer ;)

I have to say, I didn't really buy Summer Glau's character. To me, I have a hard time seeing her as a VP of Acquisitions and being this super hard ass negotiator/take over queen. Just felt really forced. I wish they would have cast someone else. Someone with a bit more gravitas to them.

I have to say, I didn't really buy Summer Glau's character. To me, I have a hard time seeing her as a VP of Acquisitions and being this super hard ass negotiator/take over queen. Just felt really forced. I wish they would have cast someone else. Someone with a bit more gravitas to them.

Really, I thought she was good overall. I just associate her too much with River Tam, so I expect her to be less in control.

Probably good if she isn't a secret ninja in this show though.

eta: Laurel's new boss is Paul from Orphan Black!

Yeah, she also looked too young for the role.

There could be a whole host of reasons. She's been brainwashed or she has decided in order to be a vigilante it's best to keep to herself.

I think what would be interesting would be to see whether she's on the island as well. It could be the new batch of villains on the island picked her up at sea somewhere. Has Oliver ever said anything that would contradict the possibility of her being on the island with him? Maybe they were adversaries there as well?

Or maybe Aquaman saved her. Yeah, they can't go wrong if they go with that.

Yeah, she also looked too young for the role.

Or maybe Aquaman saved her. Yeah, they can't go wrong if they go with that.

They did say they were planning to expand the heroes so that maybe isn't too far out. Wasn't Aquaman mooted as a TV show not so long ago? They maybe even made a pilot.

I also agree with phasing Laurel out. The "we can't be together" melodrama was one of the things that drove me away from smallville (I know they eventually fixed it but it was too late for me by then). I'll wait see how she works out as HArvey Dent but really would rather the true love thing was ended.

I'm just so glad the show is back.

Felicity and Ollie chemistry; When she was on the land mine and Oliver swept her off it. I don't even care if that is plausible or not. Cause when he was on top of her. There was definite Zing! going on.

Oliver goes to see if Laurel is ok after the hoods attacked and it was like winter with the absence of heat.

Underfoot wrote:

My first instinct was that the woman at the end (Black Canary, apparently?) was Summer Glau's character, but my view may be colored because of her character in Firefly/Serenity. I just find it really hard to believe that the show brought in Summer Glau and they aren't going to have her be a badass.

That's exactly what I thought too. I expected her to show up in some kind of 'kicking ass and taking names' capacity. Not in the corporate sense though. A part of me wants it to be her, because of the firefly/serenity and terminator days.

But I'm not so sure anymore. I just re-watched it. It might be because she is older, And there are definite similarities to her style. especially the quick hair flick - look over the shoulder thing she does. But Summer has (had) more of a dancers pose and flow to her movements. Their was almost a musical rhythm to her strikes. It might have been camera angle and cuts as well. But that certain River Tam type polish wasn't very present. At least from my perspective.

It was just enough for me to think maybe it's not her. It's illogical that I feel a tiny bit of disappointment at that prospect. I still hope it could be.

I never even considered it could be that Laurel's sister is back. Why wouldn't she rush to find her sister and her father?.. I'm curious to find out.

I never even considered it could be that Laurel's sister is back. Why wouldn't she rush to find her sister and her father?.. I'm curious to find out.

Clearly something happened to her in the previous 5-6 years like what happened to Ollie. She's come back as something else.

That's a good catch. I could actually see a Green Lantern tv show working. Space-cops rather than street level crime fighter though. It's not like we're going to see a green lantern film again any time soon.

Well how many times have we seen Hulk in the last 7 years? A flop doesn't mean they won't try again, much too soon. At least we know it won't be in the next 5 years.

But overall an excellent season opener. Definitely the show I have been most looking forward to this fall, and I'm glad the premiere didn't let me down! And yes, Felicity and Ollie have great chemistry, and I love that Felicity basically is a proxy for the average female viewer ;)

At ComicCon they said she is a villain, that did not rule out what kind she is. They could change something around, or invent a new character for her other persona.

Is it just me or did it look like Summer has aged a lot since Serenity/Terminator?

I literally had to double check on IMDB just to make sure it was her.

She was about 20 on Angel and Firefly, she 32 now. She still looks really good to me.

I really like the opening. The only bad thing is that OG makes a return, and a few days later the "Hood" shows up again? They should have had him back for much longer before coming back out as the "Hood".

Well how many times have we seen Hulk in the last 7 years? A flop doesn't mean they won't try again, much too soon. At least we know it won't be in the next 5 years.

The last Hulk film grossed $260 million on a budget of $150 million while Green lantern grossed $220 on a budget of $200. The hulk was only a flop in that it wasn't as wildly successful as the other marvel films. Green Lantern only just made a profit. Basically I think it will be a long time before we see another GL film. More likely they'll try and emulate Hulk by making GL a successful part of a Justice League film. Or, if the Flash works in Arrow, stick him in season 3.

At ComicCon they said she is a villain, that did not rule out what kind she is. They could change something around, or invent a new character for her other persona.

Stephen Amel commented in an interview that his character was going to date but they wouldn't be lasting relationships or with the "right" girl. I'm betting Oliver will be getting it on with his new business partner.

The last Hulk film grossed $260 million on a budget of $150 million while Green lantern grossed $220 on a budget of $200. The hulk was only a flop in that it wasn't as wildly successful as the other marvel films. Green Lantern only just made a profit. Basically I think it will be a long time before we see another GL film. More likely they'll try and emulate Hulk by making GL a successful part of a Justice League film. Or, if the Flash works in Arrow, stick him in season 3.

I think the bigger question is why Movie Studio keep thinking that Mr. Smarky himself, Ryan Reynolds, is a leading man, when he and they have proved time and time again, that he is not. He is good in smaller parts. Hell, he was the only thing in that stupid Wolverine origin movie, that didn't suck.

She was about 20 on Angel and Firefly, she 32 now. She still looks really good to me.

She looked 15 on Firefly, so she looks about mid-20s now. :-)

Or, if the Flash works in Arrow, stick him in season 3

"We should call the Hood...I mean Green Arrow to take down this League of Assassins."

"Arrow? That yahoo? Why bother, I put in a call to The Flash. Dude runs at light speed. He took down Ra's Al Ghul five minutes ago."

I think the bigger question is why Movie Studio keep thinking that Mr. Smarky himself, Ryan Reynolds, is a leading man, when he and they have proved time and time again, that he is not. He is good in smaller parts. Hell, he was the only thing in that stupid Wolverine origin movie, that didn't suck.

He may actually have worked in Justice League but would have been a better Flash in my opinion.

She looked 15 on Firefly, so she looks about mid-20s now. :-)

"We should call the Hood...I mean Green Arrow to take down this League of Assassins."

"Arrow? That yahoo? Why bother, I put in a call to The Flash. Dude runs at light speed. He took down Ra's Al Ghul five minutes ago."

This is my fear with their being super powers in season 2. There's a chance of him becoming redundant.

Archived