Arrow 2 - Tommy Got Shafted...Bit Late, BUT SEASON 2 SPOILERS!

Jaxom 1974

Jason Blood would work better as I don't get the impression the guy is bad at all. We better keep an eye out for his lines rhyming. Thing is he's named after the most recent incarnation of Brother Blood. They could be throwing us for a loop with the surname. I'd rather have Etrigan as long as he doens't rhyme all the time.

Sure. But in context of what they've got going on within the city, Brother Blood makes more sense story-wise...

I thought this was a bit weaker. The medical shipments keep getting highjacked, and not only does this not make the news, not only does the police not do anything about it but FEMA (or whoever) keeps sending stuff again and again with inadequate security and in the dead of night? Are we supposed to infer that whoever was responsible for the shipments was working for/with the Triads or something?

I also appreciated that Felicity takes pride in her real job and is not entirely okay with just giving it up. And the fact that she just can't stop talking in double entendres around Oliver.

It has to be resolved very quickly, either by Oliver himself or through intervention by somebody like Black Canary. Everything else would lead to Oliver's unmasking, arrest and lifetime imprisonment. I don't think the writers want to change direction that dramatically.

Why would the trucks be running in the middle of the night? without guards? Where is the Po lice when you need them?

The line about "I like spending my nights with you..." I really liked it when last week when she dropped all playing around, when he saw the ladder pull-up bar, something like "I miss seeing you on that"

Agreed has to be a big build up for nothing.

Laurel's 180 is totally ridiculous. I do have a lot of love for Felicity and not just because of the tight dress. The whole "I'm not an exec assistant" thing was fairly good, especially once Digg waded in with the "think you got it bad, my secret identity is his black driver".

I L-O-V-E that dress. Damn.

Sure. But in context of what they've got going on within the city, Brother Blood makes more sense story-wise...

Hopefully it's more of a modern-day cult rather than a "I'm going to commit a blood sacrifice to summon up the Devil" storyline

Considering how Laurel is becoming less and less popular with viewers (it seems), it's going to be interesting to watch how the writers handle Caity Lotz's Black Canary if she becomes a popular character. I'm sure the viewers will like Laurel even less if she later takes on the identity of a well-liked character.

I'm indifferent to Laurel at this point...I'm just interested in seeing how they can transition her into a vigilante, herself. But, I'm getting Lana/Chloe vibes from Laurel/Felicity. The main female protagonist of the show becomes the hated, while the cool/funny sidekick girl becomes the love interest fans root for. The writers need to be really careful for Laurel.

For the record, I was always team Lana.

As long as the Judge Dredd Laurel put an end to the romance, I'd be fine with it but I think the problem is drumming a relationship into our heads that regardless of lack of on-screen chemistry still seems problematic. I also hate shows with the on/off again thing.

Laurel isn't so annoying when that aspect is removed - although this hatred of the Arrow seems a bit forced. If she had thought the Arrow had killed Tommy then I'd understand but she blames him for not being there.

Hopefully it's more of a modern-day cult rather than a "I'm going to commit a blood sacrifice to summon up the Devil" storyline

Yeah, having demons rise up from Trigon's world will kill this show. It's already going to circle the drain when they start shoehorning the Flash into it.

This whole hatred for the Hood is just Laurel's way of dealing with Tommy's death. I think deep down she blames herself (because he came back for her and died for it, it's only natural there'd be a lot of blame afterwards) but she's doing her best to ignore that. It's gonna catch up to her at some point, but for now she's turning all her grief into hatred (and being stupid, but that's just my opinion).

I love Felicity. I think she should be with Oliver. Not now, though. Now I think he needs her as a friend much more than he needs her as something else. Oliver blames himself, too, but unlike Laurel he's got 2 friends he can be 100% honest with, and that alone will help him heal.

A very emotional scene where Laurel starts crying non-stop yelling "it was my fault! he went back for me! if he hadn't he would still be alive!" is coming, I can feel it. The writers may even use that as a way of making her character more likable. Who knows.

Yeah, having demons rise up from Trigon's world will kill this show. It's already going to circle the drain when they start shoehorning the Flash into it.

The thing is, they don't have to actually HAVE the demons of the underworld come forth...they only need to have a culy run by Blood that THINKS they can bring forth demons...now, once powers enter into the scene, all bets are off, but it could be done if there were no powers...

A very emotional scene where Laurel starts crying non-stop yelling "it was my fault! he went back for me! if he hadn't he would still be alive!" is coming, I can feel it. The writers may even use that as a way of making her character more likable. Who knows.

It'll take a whole lot more acting chops than that actress seems to have to sell a scene like that in a way that will make the audience sympathize with her. Just sayin'...

I don't think Laurel's position is that out there. The Hood was always just on the edge of being acceptable to her. The guy's a murderer, but she figured he was trying to do good.

Then she sees him leaving Tommy to die, and for her that's just confirmation of her past fears that trusting the Hood is wrong. Her dad is a cop, she's a lawyer - both believe strongly in working within the system. And the Hood doesn't just play Batman, he out and out murders people.

I actually think Felicity and Diggle's acceptance of the death toll is a bit creepy tbh.

Seeing a lot of support for an Ollie/Felicity pairing. The problem with making Felicity a love interest is that she may not be as likeable in a relationship. This is the CW. Being a love interest is the kiss of death because Felicity would no longer be allowed to be the cool snarky sidekick...she'd revert into the tortured melodramatic girlfriend. The cool characters on these shows are always the ones spared from the usual relationship trappings. IMO, if people really love Felicity, they better pray she's never paired with Ollie.

Nah. She's just switched places with her father...

Very true. What little we have seen, I like the father now. I really hope they don't flip flop and put them back together. At least keep them a part for couple years.

If you get offended by guys perving on gorgeous women, please do not look in the spoiler tags. Thank you.

HnxQFbG.gif

very nice. Not sure I want them to get together, but I like playfulness of Oli and Fel.

Nah. She's just switched places with her father...

Speaking of which, he was't in this episode at all. Hope the actor isn't being sidelined.

I don't think Felicity should get together with Oliver for a LONG time. I think it's far better having her with a geeky crush on him and him being oblivious to it. At some point have Oliver realise and have Felicity totally shut him down because she knows he's a mess.

It's a shame they say she is single as she strikes me as someone who could easily maintain a relationship off-screen.

I wonder when Deadshot will be back?

I agree that Ollie and Felicity shouldn't get together. He wouldn't be good for her. She deserves better.

Besides, she's destined to marry Ed Raymond and become Firestar's hot mother-in-law. :)

I agree that Ollie and Felicity shouldn't get together. He wouldn't be good for her. She deserves better.

Besides, she's destined to marry Ed Raymond and become Firestar's hot mother-in-law. :)

Yeah, I think Felicity sorta likes the thought of Ollie fucking her on the company table but doesn't actually want to date him as a person.

I'd rather see her and Diggle together.

Archived