[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ THE OP)

shiola

I liked Melisandre and Gendry. Only because she wasn't kidding about not seeing the blade. Hell, I even knew what she was planning to do and yet I was still super jealous of Gendry. But that's partially because CaricevanHoutenwillyoumarryme

I was jealous too until she dropped a fucking leech on his JUNK. DAMN that has gotta hurt!!!!!!!!

Arya smile. That's a first!

ETA: Also, Sansa kneeling for her husband not to embrarras himself any further.

And "Tyrion, my name is Tyrion" which is a flawless reminder of "Jaime, my name is Jaime" and explains the difference between the brothers situations better than anything else could.

"Randyll's a handsome name"

":|"

Sam and Gilly were hella cute, and I loved the way the whole Slayer scene was executed. Super tense and effective.

I think the wedding feast in general was my second favorite part, so much good material there.

Olenna contemplating the Tyrell and Lannister family trees was absolutely excellent. Cracked me up.

"My father once told me-" "Nobody cares what your father once told you." ahahahaha Cersei like a boss

Joffrey in fine creepy form, jesus. Loved drunk Tyrion too. "My tiny drunk cock and I have a job to do..."

I loved the way they wrote the Hound endearing himself to Arya in his own way. ... so he could sleep at night, if for no other reason. I'm siding with the guess that Arya gets closer to the RW than the books.

Stannis v. Davos was fantastic. I don't remember Stannis so openly having such a "maybe this God does exist" moment in the books, acknowledging the Shadow to Davos, etc. ... That brings a different dimension, and I think it worked well.

I feel like I say this after every episode but... Ah, so much, I loved nearly everything.

- Stannis the Mannis. Well, not entirely but I love how he finally implied that he is there to be more than just a wannabe King. "I didn't ask for this, no more than I ask to be King."

- Joffrey had me laughing out loud in this episode. Not entirely sure why.

- Tyrion had his best material all year.

- Shae the funny whore is a lot better when she has less dramatic things to say.

- The Rains of Castamere story was utter perfection.

- The heart tree looked completely different to the other ones we've seen.

- The Other who let Sam live was Puddles! Or Shatters or Shards or whatever we're calling him.

- Perhaps Daario won't suck entirely.

- The show works really well when it only focuses on a few storylines in one episode. This episode felt less jumpy, I'm assuming next episode will be similar with different storylines.

and much more to come in a later post!

-Sam the Slayer was awesome

-I was really skeptical of how they were going to do Tyrion/Sansa, given the largely sympathetic portrayal of Tyrion, but the bed scene was pretty good IMO. Dinklage was fantastic as drunk Tyrion.

-Speaking of which, EVIL TYRION!!!! That little bit with Joffrey was fantastic

-Bitchy Cersei

-Davos reading about Visenya

-Olenna talking about the different ways Marge and Loras would be related

-Nekkid Daenerys and Mel

I loved the Rains of Castamere story, despite lack of subtlety. And to be honest I was laughing out loud by how Cersei threatened Margaery.

Joffrey taking the stool away, it was cruel yet had me amused because its so like him.

I can't remember if the line Tyrion used to threaten Joffrey with was taken exactly from the books, but I love, love, loved when he threatened him. I'm like YES!! (Despite knowing he was going to in order to stop the bedding)

I loved the way they wrote the Hound endearing himself to Arya in his own way. ... so he could sleep at night, if for no other reason. I'm siding with the guess that Arya gets closer to the RW than the books.

I thought their horseback riding was one of the most endearing scenes of the season, if not the show as a whole.

1: Loved the wedding scene between Tyrion and Sansa. A lot was changed, and Tyrion's character has clearly changed for the show, but it worked really well. I loved seeing everything going on behind the main characters. Well directed.

2: Arya and the Hound. Love this dynamic so far.

3: Cersei's interaction with Margaery. Everyone hates Cersei, but it was so satisfying to tell this little slut off.

4: Cersei and Loras. Poor Loras but really reinforces how detestable Cersei can be.

5: The Other's Death: The Others aren't what George wrote about but they are still very cool (ha, pun!).

6. Daario. That is all.

Shout out to the women in the show.

Melisandre I would love to be seduced by.

Cersei I would love to try and break her evil sexy exterior.

Daenerys I would straight up marry.

Damn right.

- The bedding scene captured perfectly the tragedy of the whole situation, playing things fairly close to the book, but with good tweaks

- Joffrey being hilariously petty with Tyrion

- Tyrion being terrifying when drunk

- Cersei in her best tyrannical form

- Sandor nonchalantly telling Arya to have a go at him

Archived