[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ THE OP)

shiola

I loved the ending - the ravens, the tree, thinking of baby names, the stabbing, I even liked how he shattered instead of melted (though my first thought was - why isn't he melting - it was really effective this way). The cinematography was great. Loved it.

I'm really loving Dany this season.

I always love Arya scenes - and Arya/Hound scenens in the books have always been a favourite and it is looking to be that way, for me, on the show too. Though it left me wanting more and thinking the scene was short... I might have to re-watch it to double check. But I did like it a lot.

I liked the second sons and their scenes. I agree that they have adapted Daario well - I don't think the book version would of worked out on TV just by how colourful and weird he looked - don't get me wrong, I'm all for people doing whatever they feel like/looking however they like, I just don't think that would have translated well on screen.

I liked the wedding: The Tyrell/Lannister relationships; I didn't mind Sansa kneeling, though i prefer the book's way; Queen of Thorns; drunk Tyrion; The bedding all pretty good.

I loved Davos trying to read. Was a sweet touch.

Overall a great episode. I give it an 8 but it was more 8.5/ 8.8 for me (I'm holding out my 9 for this one. I gave 9s to E.3 and 4 (I think))

I'm happy that the Others look like dull frozen orcs instead of the hauntingly beautiful ice elves they're meant to be.

Hmm, this wouldnt be a complaint by any chance? Kinda pathetic

Loved the Rains of Castamere info

Drunk Tyrion!

Slayer was incredible, great direction by Michelle Mclaren on that one.

Davos learning to read was cute.

I'm happy that the Others look like dull frozen orcs instead of the hauntingly beautiful ice elves they're meant to be.

Hi, this thread is for things you genuinely enjoy about the episode - not passive-aggressive sniping and complaints like literally pretty much every other thread.

For the record I like the ancient proto-human look of the White Walkers a lot more than a cliche ~~beautiful elvez~~ thing anyway. They look ancient, alien and unknowable, but fascinating. Thumbs up for the art direction from me.

Hi, this thread is for things you genuinely enjoy about the episode - not passive-aggressive sniping and complaints like literally pretty much every other thread.

For the record I like the ancient proto-human look of the White Walkers a lot more than a cliche ~~beautiful elvez~~ thing anyway. They look ancient, alien and unknowable, but fascinating. Thumbs up for the art direction from me.

I agree. Inhumanly beautiful is creepy in it's own way, but I think for a visual medium old and inscrutable works as well.

First off, I love that there was NO THEON this episode. His torturing does not need to be chronicled in every episode. It's too much, and no one likes it.

And no Jon. Jon is really boring me this season, and I can't stand Ygritte. But since this is a board about POSITIVE nitpicking, I'll get on with it:

Dany and Daario, Dany and Daario. Those scenes were awesome. And it was really cool and unexpected to see the Second Sons discussing matters on their own. Easily my favorite scenes of the episode (lmao @ what the whore was wearing, wtf!)

Of course the wedding was done nicely

Arya and the Hound. I don't know why people are complaining about this, I didn't see much wrong with it. The only regret I have is, the tavern chapter. Because the Tickler's already effing dead!

I'm sure there's more. I just really enjoyed this episode and gave it a 9 (minus one for the Orgy at Dragonstone).

I pretty much loved all of it (except for Mel & Gendry). So I'll say - All of it!

- Arya and the Hound - thumbs up

Although

Arya's little smile at the end at the thought of seeing her mother again almost made me cry.

- Sam the Slayer!!!!

- I enjoyed the introduction of Daario and I can't wait to see what Jorah thinks about him.

- I thoroughly enjoyed everything at King's Landing. I really like Cersei and Margaery's 'talk' and the way that Cersei looked uncomfortable for Marg to even be touching her. Poor Loras!

- I enjoyed the conversation between Davos and Stannis.

Okay, where to start...

Arya and the Hound kinda endearing especially the shot where Arya half-hugging Sandor. I want more.

Dany meeting with the Second Sons is great. Like the last look Daario gave to Dany.

Davos trying to read - aawww.

Tyrion and Sansa's wedding is really fancy. Good job hbo. I'm looking forward to a fancier Purple Wedding.

Joffrey's "What. did. you. say?" Such an evil bastard. Fantastic acting by Jack Gleeson. Bravo!

Sam the Slayer - :bowdown:

ETA: QoT figuring out the messed up Tyrell/Lannister family tree. So funny.

Loved the Cersei scenes, played out both in true Cruella form. I was a bit surprised that I really liked Margaery being taken aback, for a change. [but poor Loras! He definitely didn't deserve that, but, then, I guess that's what makes Cersei Cersei.

Loved seeing Sam the Slayer in action [but why leave the dragonglass behind, Sam - why?]

Also loved the Sandor/Arya scene...just wish we could see more of them.

Loved Arya and the Hound, wish their scene lasted longer. Awww, the way she was half hugging him...

Davos learning to read from a children's book + his scene with Stannis

All things Tyrion in this episode, PD is great

I did not mind Mel+Gendry, even only because yay shirtless Gendry!!! hot ;)

Have you noticed Sansa's doll on her dressing table next to the mirror? The same doll Ned has given her and that she was holding during her scene with the Hound in 'Blackwater'? Love these little nods to the audience...

Arya and the Hound kinda endearing especially the shot where Arya half-hugging Sandor. I want more.

Me too, for some reason Sandor strikes me as someone who has never been hugged before, or at least not on camera.

The fact his first onscreen hug was Arya's - and her first smile was because of Sandor's - made the Hound and the wolf one of the higlights of the episode to me.

So much to love in this episode.

-Arya and the Hound. Finally a little hope for a Stark.

-Sansa/Tyrion wedding. Didn't mind the changes at all, and I really enjoyed Joffrey too, evil little shit that he is. And Drunk Tyrion is awesome.

-Daario isn't as douchey as the book version, and looks more normal (no blue beard and yellow clothes). I think I might like him a bit, at least more than the book version. They did let him keep the naked lady handles to his dagger and arkh.

-Dany is awesome as usual.

- Davos learning to read is the most adorable thing I've seen in a very long time. That got a legit "awwww" out of me.

Really good episode.

-Drunk Tyrion was hilarious!

-Peter Dinklage's and Sophie Turner's acting all through the wedding (and basically every other episode). Awesome.

-Davos trying to read. Poor guy has to figure out all those ridiculous names, it's hard enough for us!

-Davos/Stannis scene. I'm not a huge Stannis fan but he was cool this episode.

-Dany/Second Sons scenes. I thought the Titan's Bastard was hilarious, and I especially liked the scene where it was just the Second Sons discussing murdering Dany. I agree that Daario was surprisingly non-douche-y.

-I appreciated Cersei's Rains of Castamere story and the nice set up it provided.

-Sam the Slayer!

Favorite lines (that I can remember):

"No one cares what your father said." *leaves* if someone could do that to Loras every time he opened his mouth I wouldn't mind at all.

"Please don't name him Randyll." Actually I really enjoyed all of Sam and Gilly's dialogue in the hut, it was wonderfully awkward.

Loved the Cersei scenes, played out both in true Cruella form. I was a bit surprised that I really liked Margaery being taken aback, for a change. [but poor Loras! He definitely didn't deserve that, but, then, I guess that's what makes Cersei Cersei.

Cersei shamed both the Tyrells, and I kinda like both siblings being speechless. Typical Cersei but t'was great.

ETA: Imagine if Marg said, "Mother" instead of "Sisters." Cersei might chop her on her sleep. Looking forward for more Cersei and Marg scenes after this. Got to be good.

Archived