Did Robb Stark warg into Grey Wind as he died

AegonSnow

Ok, he died and warged into Grey wind, and then Grey wind was also killed. It makes no difference. Whether he warged into GW or not, he is dead.

Of course, this could be important if we are to discuss Jon, but that`s not where OP is headed.

It doesn't really effect the story that much, unless you use it to support Jon warging into Ghost after he's died. I think it's a nice little hint or thought to think that Robb got a little revenge on the Freys before he died again.

I was just wondering as a sort of default, all the Starks, when they die, they warg into their wolves, due to the strong connection

Robb -> Greywind

Jon-> Ghost

Arya -> Nymeria

Sansa -> XXX

Bran -> Summer

Rickon->Shaggydog

I don't think there's any specific information pointing to this happening. Robb's relationship with Grey Wind is characterized by the wolf responding to his moods and sharing an emotional bond with the King in the North. The most likely explanation was that Grey Wind sensed Robb's anger and fear and responded in kind.

We really only see Arya and Bran spending an appreciable amount of time in their wolves' bodies. Jon, to a lesser extent. We don't see Robb doing it at all, but we don't see him with a POV, either, so it's possible he does. I see Robb and Grey Wind as having an emotional bond, nothing beyond that.

That is actually an awesome theory. Arya isn't warged into her a lot. Could it be that he commands her mind when Arya doesnt?

But with no body to return to, where would his mind go when this happens?

There is a theory that Robb warged Grey Wind then realized he was netted/bound then he warged Raynald Westerling (Jeyne's brother) and cut Grey Wind loose. Raynald took an arrow/crossbown bolt and fell in the river, body never recovered. I would sure love it if Robb is still alive some how and can come back but obviously not in his old body.

If Robb warged Nymeria, Arya would be able to feel his presence when she enters Nymeria, the way Varymyr could with Orell. Robb almost certainly took on Grey Wind's skin when he died, which makes it even more tragic.

That's the big issue. I was hoping that maybe two could use the same body though.

Skinchangers who die eventually lose their minds until only the animal remains, so maybe having another mind in the animal accelerates the process. If so, Arya is killing her own brother.

It doesn't affect much, unless that some how allowed him to come back a second time after the Freys sew Grey Wind's head on to Robb's body meaning he is now a powerful wolfman merely biding his time so he can avenge his family and take his rightful place as the Wolf King of Winterfell.

With the amount of times its discussed on these boards I'm getting a little curious as to how the stories may get carried into the next generations of Westeros, not the ones who talk about his ability or cause, the folk tales that will undoubtedly spring up. He fate is reminiscent of the tales their "old Nan" told the Stark children so as to frighten them.

It doesn't affect much, unless that some how allowed him to come back a second time after the Freys sew Grey Wind's head on to Robb's body meaning he is now a powerful wolfman merely biding his time so he can avenge his family and take his rightful place as the Wolf King of Winterfell.

I agree it doesn't matter either way assuming GW is really dead. There are tons of crazy theories out there and thats what makes these books great but seriously, why would anyone want this to be true? Its borderline ridiculous and with so many plots being juggled right now do we really want to be distracted by this? Robb is dead and GW is dead too...move on to the latest____is a Targaryen theory please. Maybe Bronn this time? Haven't heard that one yet lol

He warged into Nymeria. That's why her pack attacks so many Lannisters and Freys.

Robb may have slipped into grey wind but grey wind would have went nuts anyway. He was going bananas before they killed him.

As for him slipping into nymeria no shot in my opinion Arya is in her almost every night. Arya even finds catelyn as nymeria. Also Nymeria is killing freys and lannisters because they betrayed the stark family and thats where she comes from.

Jon if i remember correctly was dying not dead and Melissandre is there so even if he goes down hell be reborn and most likely return as azor ahai.

Bottom line robbs dead his wife i feel is with his uncle blackfish n she will be having robbs kid. If he does come back i hope hes a zombie with grey winds head

Archived