Did Robb Stark warg into Grey Wind as he died

AegonSnow

• 6 months later...

Yes, I want to believe he did and it does effect the story. It means he didn't go down without a fight, he brought some Freys down with him. Also, it proves the 'Young Wolf' (They say he can turn into a wolf himself when he wants...)reputation true and sheds some irony into the cowardly tale the Freys told about him turning into a werewolf.

It also makes what they did to his body more tragic and almost ironic.

Nobody will change my opinion, he warged into GreyWind and went out fighting! :commie:

• 4 weeks later...

All the clues to Wat happen to robb stark are in book 5,,1= the book opens with the story or the injured warg who is dying and desperate to find a body,his back story is told & voilà we have the warg rules,conditions,limitations,reasons for being what they are & also u can master it to make u better,it's not random like the dreams 2= GRR Martin also set us up a clue with the wolves sensing the death of lady(sansa wolf),yet they didn't sense grey winds death, u all can remember sansa does not need a Wolf now she has a hound, 3=the wolves attacking riverun,,all nice parts of the stories but there is no need for them to be there,I also Believe wen Jon is killed he will go to his wolf form until lady milsender can bring him back just like lady stark was brought back,,,there are so many clues all pointing to the wargs ruling westeros & trying there skill on other animals,,,dragon's perhaps ???lol

I thought Grey Wind being on Robb's mind was odd, and this is an interesting theory. Of course, with Grey Wind also dying shortly thereafter I can only see it as a clue for what Jon may have done when his brothers came stabbing.

I never found it odd. Grey Wind was his protector and companion. Plus Cat was always insisting that he be by Robb's side, to protect him, like Summer protecting her and Bran. So when he is being betrayed and murdered by the two most despicable houses in Westeros, it would be natural for his thoughts to go out to his abandoned protector. We do not know how powerful a gift he had for warging, I'm guessing it wasn't all that strong and that he would not have been able to warg into Cat.

Maybe, maybe not. For his character's sake, I hope not. The fact that Grey Wind went into a rage does not prove anything, as all of the Starks have mystical bonds with their direwolves through which they are emotionally and spiritually connected. Rage would be a natural reaction for Grey Wind to experience after Robb's violent and treacherous death.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I've always been more interested in what comes BEFORE this line.

"Yes. Robb, get up. Get up and walk out, please, please. Save yourself...if not for me, for Jeyne."

"Jeyne?" Robb grabbed the edge of the table and forced himself to stand. "Mother," he said, "Grey Wind..."

Keep in mind, the bolts in his chest and side are keeping him from full speech, so I'd be very interested in knowing what he was trying to say. For whatever reason, the "Jeyne?" has always stuck out to me.

Archived