[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

Sansa not kneeling was one of the few things she had control of in her life at that point in time and was a strong moment for her.

I'm not sure. They didn't show it as a "choice moment" as in they didn't show her understanding what it meant to kneel and end the mockery. They showed it more of a "of course I would do that momenet" where she didn't realize that he couldn't reach her, and she knelt when she realized.

Maybe what they are going for is "Sansa is so kind she would of course kneel. Love her more." Instead of "Sansa realized what it would mean to spare Tyron's feelings, and so she knelt. She has no malice towards him."

Perhaps I'm dissecting it too much.

good Episode, not the best this season its up there though.I think If they did not have Tyrion be a decent dude to Sansa before the wedding they could have pulled off the Sansa no kneel move without her coming off as a dick.

But as it was filmed i think she would have come off as mean.

Now that the episode has aired, I can say that, in my opinion, they quite blatantly chickened out on the entire Sansa/Tyrion story. There were obvious production reasons why it wasn't going to be exactly like the books, but essentially every creative choice they made in relation to it was aimed at sanding all the rough edges off it so that none of the major actors (apart from the show's go-to asshole, Joffrey, and I guess Tywin) would come off looking bad. In the process, they reduced one of the most harrowing parts of the third book to a limp noodle, dramatically.

To be honest, I always found it upsetting that she wasn't more kind towards Tyrion. He was never cruel to her.

Tyrion was her least-cruel jailer, but he was her jailer nonetheless.

Edited by Colonel Green

I still don't completley grasp why Stannis has such a hard on for Robb to name him first of the 3.I would have thought Tywin would be in there before Baylon Greyjoy. I guess I need to read the books

It's going to be the order in which they die.

Yep. I hated that. Sam actually built a sort of a reputation there. Now I wonder, why would the brothers listen to him at all?

Jon will listen when he is made Lord Commander of the Night's Watch and Jon's friends will take up the refrain "Sam the Slayer" It'll be a good moment for Jon.

We will know soon enough, but Oona Chapman's reportedly told GoT boses that she will no longer film topless scenes! Hmm.....I really hope it's because she won't be filming any scenes at all.

http://www.telegraph...ess-scenes.html

Wow way to not read the article. Oona Chaplin was talking about another actress on the set.

Still, kind of shitty that they wrote Ros out of the show simply because she wouldn't do nudity anymore.

Now that the episode has aired, I can say that, in my opinion, they quite blatantly chickened out on the entire Sansa/Tyrion story. There were obvious production reasons why it wasn't going to be exactly like the books, but essentially every creative choice they made in relation to it was aimed at sanding all the rough edges off it so that none of the major actors (apart from the show's go-to asshole, Joffrey, and I guess Tywin) would come off looking bad. In the process, they reduced one of the most harrowing parts of the third book to a limp noodle, dramatically.

Good point. They simplified it quite a bit.

I was disappointed they showed Stannis naming the three names with the leeches. I think it's going to be obvious to the part of the audience that pays attention what it means.

oh well.

Not sure, because most tv viewers have forgotten about Balon Greyjoy

Man, Gendry's not having the greatest season, is he?

I kind of figured Sansa would kneel. I also kind of figured the wedding night scene would play out more or less as it did in the books, only without physical contact and without either Sansa or Tyrion getting completely undressed.

There was something kind of funny about Sansa's smallclothes being a white tunic thing (I was reminded of Mormon undergarments) rather than the pink corset/grey skirt combo she usually wears. It was very much "Attention, Tyrion, you're about to defile an innocent, angelic virgin" costuming, heh.

Edited by Newstar