[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

To be honest, I always found it upsetting that she wasn't more kind towards Tyrion. He was never cruel to her.

Besides you know keeping her prisoner or agreeing to make her forcibly marry him and his family.

Seriously? He dances? I missed that in the preview.

Edmure dancing at the RW??? :mellow: :smug: :lol: :lmao:

lol well it goes by SO fast...I had to try pausing like a dozen times to get it. Looks like he's running or dancing or something, very jovial, surrounded by 3 or 4 girls.

Man, Gendry's not having the greatest season, is he?

I kind of figured Sansa would kneel. I also kind of figured the wedding night scene would play out more or less as it did in the books, only without physical contact and without either Sansa or Tyrion getting undressed.

Yeah. When everyone's done nitpicking (as usual), I'd like to see how brilliant that whole scene was. Dinklage and Turner played it beautifully.

It was one of the best episodes this season. That's not the point.

I'm starting to doubt we'll see Coldhands at all.

Coldhands is confirmed. "Sam meets an older gentlemen" was one of the synopsis's

I'm not sure. They didn't show it as a "choice moment" as in they didn't show her understanding what it meant to kneel and end the mockery. They showed it more of a "of course I would do that momenet" where she didn't realize that he couldn't reach her, and she knelt when she realized.

Maybe what they are going for is "Sansa is so kind she would of course kneel. Love her more." Instead of "Sansa realized what it would mean to spare Tyron's feelings, and so she knelt. She has no malice towards him."

Perhaps I'm dissecting it too much.

It's another one of those moments that is conveyed through Sansa's thoughts rather than what she says or does. It can't be done as well on the screen. At the very least, they didn't prolong the moment to portray her in a worse light.

Wow way to not read the article. Oona Chaplin was talking about another actress on the set.

Still, kind of shitty that they wrote Ros out of the show simply because she wouldn't do nudity anymore.

Is that so?

Now I kinda feel bad that they killed her off the way they did

As for the sansa not kneeling stuff that's a perfect way to make her come off as a bitch to everyone who watches the show as Joffrey is already making light of Tyrion and that would sort of mesh to seem like she's compounding the humiliation. A good choice to just ignore it

Not sure what type of strength its showing

Edited by Jojosh

It was a good way of adapting the wedding scene, but it would have been perfect if it had been a surprise for Sansa, it would have been a much better line of story.

Maybe Coldhands will be replaced by Jojen in the way that through his visions he will know where the three eyed raven is. Or Bran will know. If they are taking away other parts of the book, I see them taking Coldhands also.

None of that was his doing. You're acting as if he was complicit in all that planning in the books. He most definitely was not.

He had the authority to trade her for one of his cousins and he could have freely said no to Tywin.