[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

Great episode, especially the final scene. I personally would have liked them to keep the kneel. But in the show universe it would come off as unspeakably hoorible thing to do at that moment. People never forgave book sansa for what she did and GRRM always says he never intended her to be seen in such a poor light, so I don't really have that big of a problem with it,

very pissed they took away Sansa's f**k u to the lannisters.

There's no way she could have done it in the show without coming off as a dick, and the writers knew it.

Edited by Newstar

Your opinion, not mine.

Your totally wrong, by the way :-P

So Tyrion wasn't acting Hand nor does he have any sense of free will? In how, that is the only way that your case is true.

Ask D&D. Pretty sure we got the "older gentleman", though. Doesnt mean CH doesnt show up in Ep10. Who knows?

I was thinkin that too, but did he really meet him? If thats the case then I think they put that in to fuck with us and theres no CH

So Tyrion wasn't acting Hand nor does he have any sense of free will? In how, that is the only way that your case is true.

Ok, this will be my last comment on this because I dont feel like getting bogged down into a lame debate where clearly neither party will change their mind.

Tyrion did some things where Sansa was concerned that yes, were not in her best interests, but sometimes people just dont have the courage or the strength to make the right choices. People, even good people, have weaknesses. Clearly, where Tywin Lannister is concerned, Tyrion has some "issues". So, yes, he does have free will and he did make some bad choices, but I never believed for one instant that Tyrion had bad intentions toward Sansa, ever. Not while he was Hand, not when they married, and not on their wedding night. Tywin, Cersei, and Joff clearly did. Thats the difference between the Lannisters in the books. For me.

Fin

:)

There's no way she could have done it in the show without coming off as a dick, and the writers knew it.

No, they deliberately chose to strip away all the context for her doing it, particularly by having her find out much earlier, and removing or minimizing all the reasons she was justly uncomfortable with Tyrion.

If Sansa wouldn't kneel, it would've just insulted Tyrion and gave pleasure to other Lannisters (sans Tywin). Stupid point to nitpick about. Also, viewers would've hated Sansa for it, and quite frankly after next weeks episode, they'll need to cling to all the Stark love they can.

Won't it kind of make a difference that Grenn wasn't there to see Sam kill the Other?

Not really all they have to do is when Sam is telling the story of how he and Gilly escaped, have Gilly jump in and say," And Sam kill an other with dragonglass!" then have Green be like "oh, Sam the slayer"