[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

The only thing I want to nitpick over is when Cersei tells Margaery about "The Rains of Castamere". Cersei references to seeing the corpses hang above Casterly Rock, but in the books, she was not even born yet. House Reyne and Tarbeck were annihilated in 260AL and Jamie + Cersei were born in 266AL.

In the books. There's no date for when it happened in the show, and moving the date doesn't really change anything.

very pissed they took away Sansa's f**k u to the lannisters.

They didn't, Granted it wasn't as big as a f you as it was in the books, but it was still there. Sansa knew he could not reach her shoulders without help. Shewatched Joffrey carry the steps away, and she could here the crowd laughing at him. She made him ask her to kneel before she would actually help him out

The only thing I want to nitpick over is when Cersei tells Margaery about "The Rains of Castamere". Cersei references to seeing the corpses hang above Casterly Rock, but in the books, she was not even born yet. House Reyne and Tarbeck were annihilated in 260AL and Jamie + Cersei were born in 266AL.

Tywin seems like the type to hold a grudge to me. I could see him leaving them up for decades as a warning for anyone else that would think about crossing him....

Pray tell, how does one establish Sansa's motives in not kneeling without access to her thoughts? There is no way to do it that doesn't stink of bad writing. The only way I can think of to do it would be to have had a scene where Shae tells Sansa not to kneel (thus making it Shae's idea, not Sansa's) or have Sansa say to Shae, "I will not kneel for him, they have taken everything from me, they shall not have that". Either way, it kinda sucks.

What reason do they have to disbelieve Sam and Gilly other than it gives you an excuse to complain about something? Sure they'll be surprised and skeptical at first but ultimately Sam has no reason to make it up since he's quite honest about his cowardice and Gilly has no reason to lie whatsoever.

Dude. Sam is a fat coward. Gilly is a wilding. A wildling. The brothers are not usually the best of men, and they are way worse when fat cowards and wildlings are concerned. They would perceive this story as some way Sam found of earning respect, and would see Gilly's support as a wildling whore attaching himself to an incompetent brother in order to get protection.

They needed witnesses. They have none. Not trustworthy ones, anyway.

The writers also messed up Sansa's age. She's not 14, not in the show, she's got to be at least 16.

Remember Sansa is 4 years older than Bran, Bran was 10 (in the show) when the story started, a it's been at least 2 years since season 1 started. Bran is 12 now and Arya is 14, Sansa should be 16.

maybe she was lying so Tyrion would be more likely to keep his lion paws off her ;-)

Dude. Sam is a fat coward. Gilly is a wilding. A wildling. The brothers are not usually the best of men, and they are way worse when fat cowards and wildlings are concerned. They would perceive this story as some way Sam found of earning respect, and would see Gilly's support as a wildling whore attaching himself to an incompetent brother in order to get protection.

I was disappointed too, but get over it--it's a minor thing. Grenn and Pyp will believe him and everyone else will call him "Slayer" ironically, which is essentially what happens in the book.

Edited by Khal Pono

So Tyrion wasn't acting Hand nor does he have any sense of free will? In how, that is the only way that your case is true.

That's the equivalent of me giving you $1 and then for that dollar you give me $1,000. Then me Chastising you for be an ass for not taking that deal

Who cares? I mean really?

I'm sure it'll happen differently than it did in the books, but someone is going to take the revelation that Sam has stumbled upon a way to kill the WWs seriously. Jon, certainly, and likely Aemon as well even if it only meshes with something he read in a book once.

Sam is a self confessed coward and a friend of Grenn and co, not to mention Jon. So think about whether or not they'll actually believe him. He has no reason to lie and neither does Gillly, wildling or not.

The writers also messed up Sansa's age. She's not 14, not in the show, she's got to be at least 16.

Remember Sansa is 4 years older than Bran, Bran was 10 (in the show) when the story started, a it's been at least 2 years since season 1 started. Bran is 12 now and Arya is 14, Sansa should be 16.

who says Sansa is 4 years older in the show ?

in episode one she's "not yet 13" so if 2 years have passed than she's "not yet 15" now aka 14.

Who cares? I mean really?

the poster did use the word "nitpick" which means he acknowledges he is complaining about a minor point. nitpicking is different from going apeshit over book changes--and we see plenty of both behaviors on these boards

Edited by Khal Pono

maybe she was lying so Tyrion would be more likely to keep his paws off her ;-)

I was disappointed too, but get over it--it's a minor thing. Grenn and Pyp will believe him and everyone else will call him "Slayer" ironically, which is essentially what happens in the book.

This is what I thought also.