[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

The writers also messed up Sansa's age. She's not 14, not in the show, she's got to be at least 16.

Remember Sansa is 4 years older than Bran, Bran was 10 (in the show) when the story started, a it's been at least 2 years since season 1 started. Bran is 12 now and Arya is 14, Sansa should be 16.

I thought that too. She literally tells Cersei in episode 1 that she is 13. So if she had just turned 13 then & she is just about to turn 15 now, that would be a maximum of 1 year 11 months between the feast at Winterfell & Sansa's wedding. It's possible I suppose?

Agreed except on one point. As she was taking off her dress, Tyron CLEARLY was looking at her with lust. I'm glad that they at least added that wrinkle to the scene. Tyron isn't some kind of saint.

It was somehow implied when Bronn told him that he wanted to f her, he just didn't want to admit it.

That's the equivalent of me giving you $1 and then for that dollar you give me $1,000. Then me Chastising you for be an ass for not taking that deal

It is a trade of a Lannister for a Stark, and seeing how for all Tyrion knows Joffrey and Cersei had already allowed two Starks be killed maybe he should realize that is a pretty just trade in compensation for the Starks already felt loses.

ugh....yes....why do we need the sex if all we need is the blood for the leeches. stupid HBO

I. enjoyed. every. second.

I notice a lot of people watch the show with their moms and complain about the sex scenes making them uncomfortable. try watching it alone.

The only thing is though, is how is show Sam "Sam the Slayer" when there was no one but Gilly to witness it?

Surely Sam will return to the Wall saying "Dragonglass! It worked against the Others!" Sam is smart. He would not just forget to tell the brothers that he found out a method that actually works. He may not say he did it, but he will surely tell them that he saw an Other get killed (or whatever) by dragonglass.

Was Mel also trying to get a demon baby with Gendry or was she just distracting him to leech him?

Definitely the latter, though the writers were trying to fake-out the viewers. Mel actually wanted to kill Gendry (in lieu of Edric in this story) but Stannis talked her out of it, due to Davos's objections. So she agrees to the "lite" version of the blood sacrifice instead.

Also, the seduction is a way to get Gendry's blood to, er, rise, which presumably makes for a more potent sacrifice, if you think about it.

Edited by Khal Pono

ugh....yes....why do we need the sex if all we need is the blood for the leeches. stupid HBO

Some people are comfortable watching sex scenes because the idea of two people having sex or being nude doesn't frighten the altar boy in us. I don't understand this pretend higher moral ground some posters have where nudity is supposed to only be shown when its 100% necessary.

Dude. Sam is a fat coward. Gilly is a wilding. A wildling. The brothers are not usually the best of men, and they are way worse when fat cowards and wildlings are concerned. They would perceive this story as some way Sam found of earning respect, and would see Gilly's support as a wildling whore attaching himself to an incompetent brother in order to get protection.

They needed witnesses. They have none. Not trustworthy ones, anyway.

Why? Sam has never ever done that before. Matter of fact he has gone out of his way to tell everyone how much of a coward he is. Not to mention the people that start calling him Sam the Slayer are his friends, why would they go straight to not believing him?