[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

Sam is a self confessed coward and a friend of Grenn and co, not to mention Jon. So think about whether or not they'll actually believe him. He has no reason to lie and neither does Gillly, wildling or not.

You keep ignoring the fact the the Night's Watch isn't about to take a wildling on her word and that even Sam's friend's can hold a reasonable doubt about him killing an Other, a feat few know to be possible.

Plus, he needs more than his friends to believe him. He needs the Watch to believe him. That's part of the pull he uses to convince the other commanders vote for Jon Snow.

I have no problems with the seires changing. I'm just pointing out that this is a great change, not a tiny one, and that it kinda sucks for Sam also, since I believe his fame was a great confidence booster for him.

I don't even know what you're referring to about her wolfness.

The reason for that moment in the book is to tie her into becoming ever so slowly a player than a piece, moving back into a Stark of Winterfell, they could have had her say they made me a Lannister or something to show her anger, but they didn't.

They are really dumbing her down to a nobody.

I love the books.... but I am no Purist. Purists clearly need to pay attention to the episode. Sansa saw Joffrey, that maniacal little prick, take the stool away from Tyrion. She stood there fully aware the stool was taken away... knowing Tyrion couldn't reach with the cloak.... hearing the crowd laughing at Tyrion... and she kept her back turned to him. It was only when Tyrion tugged on her like umm hey please kneel down that she actually obliged. Then later he mentioned consummation and she breaks out the alcohol (which she only drinks when it is necessary). Then she goes on to say what if she never wants him in her bed and watches him pass out. Maybe she wasn't a blatant bitch about it but as far as I saw she knew very well Tyrion was being laughed at and stood her ground until he pleaded. Relax purists!

I am a self proclaimed book purists, but I didn't have a probelm with this at all. I agree with everything you just said. And I'm ready for them to make a separate thread about this now.

The writers also messed up Sansa's age. She's not 14, not in the show, she's got to be at least 16.

Remember Sansa is 4 years older than Bran, Bran was 10 (in the show) when the story started, a it's been at least 2 years since season 1 started. Bran is 12 now and Arya is 14, Sansa should be 16.

Shit, I thought she was at least 15! You mean to tell me that only a year has passed since Sansa told Cersei at Winterfell she's 13?? And I don't know if I'm right or not, but I've read that each book is a year in their time. Just something I read people, in case I'm wrong, I can feel a million people jumping to correct me now.

ugh....yes....why do we need the sex if all we need is the blood for the leeches. stupid HBO

I was just discussing this with my bf. Totally unnecessary and uncomfortable to watch, especially since Genrdy is technically supposed to be a kid still. I see why they had him grow that ridiculous goatee now...

Wasn't Tywin Hand by that time. Tyron had no authority anymore. He couldn't say no to Tywin.

Tywin was always Hand. Tyrion was simply there as acting Hand while Tywin was off at war.

Some people are comfortable watching sex scenes because the idea of two people having sex or being nude doesn't frighten the altar boy in us. I don't understand this pretend higher moral ground some posters have where nudity is supposed to only be shown when its 100% necessary.

ohhhh.....someone DOES need to get off their altar. I would much rather the show spend those minutes on something else from the book. Perhaps given the full dialogue between Dany and the Second Sons which is a lingustic delight, and much better at developing Dany's character than the sex scene is at developing any other character.

If it was just about his blood I am confident Mel could have tied him up and leeched him without doing him first. She is a witch.

Maybe she just thought he was a hottie and wanted to tap dat ass.

a king's blood has power but blood from an engorged member is most powerful of all. it is known.

I will most likely calm down after I see it a second or third time, I just wonder how they're going to give her wolfness back.

Never if they go by the book. Betrayed her House once, she lost her wolf. Betrayed her House twice, she lost her father.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like Sam left the dragonglass knife behind when he and Gilly took off after killing the Walker. If so, very stupid. But Sam isn't a quick thinker.

In the book didn't the dragon glass break?

Some people are comfortable watching sex scenes because the idea of two people having sex or being nude doesn't frighten the altar boy in us. I don't understand this pretend higher moral ground some posters have where nudity is supposed to only be shown when its 100% necessary.

It doesn't necessarily mean someone is uncomfortable by something just because they don't like it. I hate Two and a Half Men because I think it sucks, but I'm not uncomfortable watching it. Some people simply find the sex in the show too gratuitous at times and it frustrates them.

I notice a lot of people watch the show with their moms and complain about the sex scenes making them uncomfortable. try watching it alone.

I don't know about your mom, but my mom is pesky as hell sometimes about watching shows with me. I love to watch tv with her, but watching sex scenes with me doesn't make her uncomfortable but they seriously make me feel so. When I say that it's like, "come on, honey, just grow up! or leave the room." Hah. I remember always getting so anxious watching The Sopranos with her in high school. Hah. Thankfully she's way behind in the show though, so we're not watching it together.

Edited by atia-

I am confused isnt Daario Naharis with the Stormscrow and not theThe second sons. Where is Ben Plumm

They kinda made a chimaera of all the sellsword companies in this. They even put a bit of the Golden COmpany with the talh about not going back on their word.

We are all born nude you know... We shower nude.... we have sex nude (typically). This is an HBO series. ASOIAF has a lot of sexual themes in it. I am fully with you in not understanding why people get so uptight at the end of season 3 because of nudity. This is ASOIAF on HBO.... there are lots of non nude shows on channels like ABC Family & Nickelodeon that are available.

The Mel scene was drawn out because she made the point that she wanted to make sure he didn't suspect anything. Clearly he didn't.

Wasn't Tywin Hand by that time. Tyron had no authority anymore. He couldn't say no to Tywin.

Tyrion was hand for the entire aCoK thus could have accepted Robb's offers regarding trading Sansa for his cousin anytime then. Tyrion has free will and the ability to speak his mind there is no reason he couldn't have said no to Tywin.