[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

Explain me why did we need a naked Melisandre to preform leeches ritual, and why of all places his penis was the best place to put one (although Robb`s penis led him to his doom, so that might be some kind of foreshadowing)? I understood when Brienne and Jaime were naked, even with Jon and Ygritte, it was normal for Robb and Talis. This one is simply above me. I don`t see what kind of story her boobs and buttocks are telling, but that`s just me.

Well she told Stannis that if a lamb panics before being slaughtered, it spoils their blood. So I suppose she wanted to wait till the last minute to induce panic in Gendry.

'Cause Carice van Houten looks very fine naked. Duh. But you're claiming that, let me quote, Which is way, way exaggerated. In a 57-minutes episode they put maybe four minutes of nudity and that's enough to say the nudity is the most important thing on the show?

When you add nudity for no reasons, then you are more interested in it than in the story you are telling with the scene. And in this scene, it seemed lik Melisandre`s nudity was more importnat than what she has actually been doing. I don`t understand why Gendry couldn`t be paralised, and her not due to her ruby around the neck. Why did we have to see her naked?

As Ran wonderfully said in his analysis of Second Sons, if we wanted to see nudity, we would watch Spartacus or something else.

When you add nudity for no reasons, then you are more interested in it than in the story you are telling with the scene.

And in your argument, "with the scene" somehow became equal to "with the whole show", which I'm objecting against.

As Ran wonderfully said in his analysis of Second Sons, if we wanted to see nudity, we would watch Spartacus or something else.

And if we didn't want to see nudity, we'd watch yet another show ("Band of Brothers", maybe?).

Edited by mcb

And in your argument, "with the scene" somehow became equal to "with the whole show", which I'm objecting against.

When you have added one or two elegant nude scenes, no one would bother with it. But, half of the times something important is said, someone is naked on the show. This scene was important and I can`t see the reason why we needed naked Melisandre where there were so many other options at the table? And when someone wants to include nudity in every episode, read what director of Blackwater episode said - Ran quoted him, we have to ask what`s the point?

And in both times I was thinking more of nude scenes than entire show. I expressed myself badly.

Edited by Mladen

Explain me why did we need a naked Melisandre to preform leeches ritual, and why of all places his penis was the best place to put one (although Robb`s penis led him to his doom, so that might be some kind of foreshadowing)? I understood when Brienne and Jaime were naked, even with Jon and Ygritte, it was normal for Robb and Talis. This one is simply above me. I don`t see what kind of story her boobs and buttocks are telling, but that`s just me.

Need? Need? Does anyone need champagne or caviar? No, but I'll take it when it's offered.

Edited by Khal Pono

Need? Need? Does anyone need champagne or caviar? No, but I'll take it when it's offered.

Well, there is a difference when someone offers you champagne and caviar, and TV nudity. In champagne you enjoy, because you taste it, in TV nudity you have just a pale image that resembles, and is nothing like reality.

Well, there is a difference when someone offers you champagne and caviar, and TV nudity. In champagne you enjoy, because you taste it, in TV nudity you have just a pale image that resembles, and is nothing like reality.

I don't know; I grew up with a cathode ray TV with horrible reception. To me this HDTV stuff is like magic, and Carice (who is an AMAZING, world-renowned actress with a beautiful body, whether you like her as Mel or not) looked better than any reality I'm familiar with. And I'm sure the ladies and gay guys enjoyed looking at young Gendry as well.

Naked Mel > naked Ros just saying.

Pretty good episode. Was it me or was Cersei just talking about Castamere a bit odd? It didn't seem to necessarily fit -- kinda like they just put it in there to setup for next episode. Oh well.

I think the best part about this episode was the pacing. No scene felt rushed and the transitions were just smooth and natural. I really wish they do this in future episodes. Deal with only half the characters but give them a proper sub-arc instead of just giving each person 2minutes token time on screen.

Also, HOW GOOD WAS IT TO NOT HAVE THEON THIS EPISODE!!!!!!

As pretty as Mel is, and as much as I hated Ros, I must respectfully disagree. Ros was WOW, a curvy AND fit body (the chick had ABS). She was gorgeous. Shame the entire reason she was killed off was because she didn't want to do nudity anymore.

I was sad how much they changed the Sansa/Tyrion wedding from the book. The initial impact came from the fact Sansa found out just as she was getting dressed by Cersei's maids so she was in shock and had to go to the sept straight away.

And what was wrong with Tyrion's line- "that's why they have whores for men like me" (or a line somewhat like that)? Would it have hurt to have just kept that line in?

That was the only complaint I had about that scene. I didn't care about her not kneeling or whatever everyone's upset about.

I already hate Daario. I want to kill him myself. Bah! I haven't even finished watching, but BAH! Die, Daario!

*Unsheaths sword* How dare you!

As pretty as Mel is, and as much as I hated Ros, I must respectfully disagree. Ros was WOW, a curvy AND fit body (the chick had ABS). She was gorgeous. Shame the entire reason she was killed off was because she didn't want to do nudity anymore.

This is just speculation based on a one off comment made by a cast member, that didnt mention any names. Its not fact, so its probably best to stop reporting it as such.

Did you not hear her whole "lamb to the slaughter" discussion with Stannis earlier? Getting him aroused made perfect sense to me. Mel is a seductive woman, and it's implied heavily in the books.

As for the leeches, I see it this way; heart leech for Robb, beloved King of the North; stomach leech for Balon, the "middle" King of Westeros; and the penis leech for Joff, the Dick down in King's Landing.

Wait, what? Where did you read that?

It's just speculation. Oona Chaplin claimed one of her co-stars is tired of showing her tits and won't do it anymore. Everyone assumed it was Emilia Clarke but last episode proved them wrong. Now ppl are speculating it was Esme Bianco. Silly.

http://www.telegraph...ess-scenes.html

Anyway, people who said it was Emilia weren't paying attention. On the Jimmy Kimmel show prior to the start of the season, Kimmel pointed out that she spent the whole 1st season naked and asked if we'd get to see her naked this season. Emilia tried to play coy but essentially said yes. Also she was on Broadway this spring, naked as can be, in a bathtub scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Edited by Khal Pono

That was one of the least clever things he's ever written then. If you haven't learned that this show has a good portion of nudity by now then you can't have paid any attention whatsoever to this show.

The ratonal person's line of thought: If I don't want to see nudity I'll watch something other than GoT since it has a lot of it.

The irrational person's line of thought: If I don't want to see nudity I'll watch a show that I know has it and then complain about it.

The worst parts of this fan base are seemingly worse than the worst parts of the TV show.

Did you not hear her whole "lamb to the slaughter" discussion with Stannis earlier? Getting him aroused made perfect sense to me. Mel is a seductive woman, and it's implied heavily in the books.

As for the leeches, I see it this way; heart leech for Robb, beloved King of the North; stomach leech for Balon, the "middle" King of Westeros; and the penis leech for Joff, the Dick down in King's Landing.

I have heard it, but again that doesn`t justify the nudity. She could have poisoned him, and have the same effect.

That was one of the least clever things he's ever written then. If you haven't learned that this show has a good portion of nudity by now then you can't have paid any attention whatsoever to this show.

The ratonal person's line of thought: If I don't want to see nudity I'll watch something other than GoT since it has a lot of it.

The irrational person's line of thought: If I don't want to see nudity I'll watch a show that I know has it and then complain about it.

The worst parts of this fan base are seemingly worse than the worst parts of the TV show.

Actually that was constructive criticism given to the producers. And it was great remark, at least in my book.

There are scenes when nudity is justified - Brienne and Jaime, Robb and Talisa, Jon and Ygritte, but to add whenever you want just for the sake of having it, is nonsensical. So, what, we haven`t seen her naked this year, big deal.

We know there will always be nudity in the show. We are just against nudity for the sake of nudity. It has to have some sense of why actor/actress is nude.

This is just speculation based on a one off comment made by a cast member, that didnt mention any names. Its not fact, so its probably best to stop reporting it as such.

It's obvious who it is. How many actresses have done nudity in a continuing role? I'm not the only one who mentions that the article is more than likely talking about Ros. Don't know why it's bothering you so much.

Anyways, for the people asking about the article, you can find it here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10066239/Game-of-Thrones-star-rebels-over-topless-scenes.html

I had no problem with the kneeling because the show drastically altered the context of her wedding. It was sprung on her, she's dressed and hustled to the sept to marry a man who had never been floated to her as a husband. Her act of defiance hints at how generally cold and shitty she is to Tyrion (justified or not; I'm not getting into that part) during their short marriage, and sours her in his eyes (later he muses bitterly, to paraphrase, "She would not bend those stiff Stark knees").

My problem with the scenario was Joffrey taking the stool. Of course he's the absolute worst, but to play an adolescent prank like that, at a royal wedding, in the Sept of Baelor, in front of granddad ...! I didn't buy it. And I didn't buy the widespread tittering among a crowd full of people who may want to suck up to the titular king but must know who really rules, and you don't want to piss him off in church. Joff acting the fool and the crowd snickering demonstrates an implausible lack of respect for the circumstances.

It's obvious who it is. How many actresses have done nudity in a continuing role? I'm not the only one who mentions that the article is more than likely talking about Ros. Don't know why it's bothering you so much.

Anyways, for the people asking about the article, you can find it here.

http://www.telegraph...ess-scenes.html

My issue is more that you are saying that that is definitely why she was written out of the show. When it is not even absolutely certain that it is her. For instance, this was posted once season 3 filming was done, it could still easily be referring to Emilia. Also, how could it be refering to Esme, when she's been written out of the show already, and wont be back? How can it possibly be her?

Edited by Joyful Union