[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

Has the show explained why Joffrey and Maergery are not married yet? (and I can't remember, was as an explanation for this given in the books?)

You'd think they would all want to seal that pact ASAP.

Im not sure about the show, but in the book they plan it for the same day as the new century and Joff's b - day too, I think.

Actually that was constructive criticism given to the producers. And it was great remark, at least in my book.

There are scenes when nudity is justified - Brienne and Jaime, Robb and Talisa, Jon and Ygritte, but to add whenever you want just for the sake of having it, is nonsensical. So, what, we haven`t seen her naked this year, big deal.

We know there will always be nudity in the show. We are just against nudity for the sake of nudity. It has to have some sense of why actor/actress is nude.

No, that wasn't constructive at all, it was a snide remark that completely failed to make sense. Constructive would have been to say why the scene lost something for having nudity and given an example of what he felt was better.

And there was a reason to have it there. You or I can think it wasn't a good reason but to say that there was no reason is absolute nonsense. Melisandre always uses her sex appeal and this was a case of her luring her victim into a trap.

My issue is more that you are saying that that is definitely why she was written out of the show. When it is not even absolutely certain that it is her. For instance, this was posted once season 3 filming was done, it could still easily be referring to Emilia. Also, how could it be refering to Esme, when she's been written out of the show already, and wont be back? How can it possibly be her?

Because Emilia is doing nudity stuff right now on Broadway, right now, after season 3 filming was done. Clearly she doesn't give a shit about nudity. Name another actress who has been topless continuously.

It could be Shae the funny whore (not Shae the unfunny whore, or Daisy the funny whore), but really who gives a shit. You're analyzing something very minor I said (which started out half joking anyways). I really don't care who the damn article is talking about at this point. It could be Esme, Emilia, or Sibel. :dunno:

Reread. I never said "Esme not doing nudity is definitely why she was kicked off the show." I made a jape about it, because of course everyone is reading it and thinks it's her (even the comments on the article joke about Ros) I'm just addressing the pink elephant in the room. Goodness.

This is just speculation based on a one off comment made by a cast member, that didnt mention any names. Its not fact, so its probably best to stop reporting it as such.

And how do you know it's not fact? Because nobody told you?

Protip: the number of actresses on the show who've been on all 3 seasons and done nudity in them can be counted on one hand. Process of elimination points to Ros.

Edited by Frumpus

Because Emilia is doing nudity stuff right now on Broadway, right now, after season 3 filming was done. Clearly she doesn't give a shit about nudity. Name another actress who has been topless continuously.

It could be Shae the funny whore (not Shae the unfunny whore, or Daisy the funny whore), but really who gives a shit. You're analyzing something very minor I said (which started out half joking anyways). I really don't care who the damn article is talking about at this point. It could be Esme, Emilia, or Sibel. :dunno:

Reread. I never said "Esme not doing nudity is definitely why she was kicked off the show." I made a jape about it, because of course everyone is reading it and thinks it's her (even the comments on the article joke about Ros) I'm just addressing the pink elephant in the room. Goodness.

I dont understand, you dont care, yet your angrily replying regardless? And your being quite aggressive here, not me.

You actually did say "Shame the entire reason she was killed off was because she didn't want to do nudity anymore.", which is exactly the same as "Esme not doing nudity is definitely why she was kicked off the show." Sorry that I didnt pick up that you were joking when it was definitely not clear at all.

Because poisoning the blood you want to be as perfect as possible for a ritual is a good idea?

You do remember that Edric was sick and was given medicine when those leeches came to Melisandre`s property. In the books, blood isn`t that clean, so I don`t get it why should we pretend like it`s important now.

No, that wasn't constructive at all, it was a snide remark that completely failed to make sense. Constructive would have been to say why the scene lost something for having nudity and given an example of what he felt was better.

And there was a reason to have it there. You or I can think it wasn't a good reason but to say that there was no reason is absolute nonsense. Melisandre always uses her sex appeal and this was a case of her luring her victim into a trap.

I gave you constructive way to evade nudity, and I think that this show would be considered more seriously, if the boys would cut on a nudity every once and a while. Melisandre did use her appeal and seduced Stannis, but I can remember only one time she was naked, with Davos when she gave birth to shadow-child. Melisandre had other ways to do that, and inability to see that is short-sightness that is rarely seen.

You do remember that Edric was sick and was given medicine when those leeches came to Melisandre`s property. In the books, blood isn`t that clean, so I don`t get it why should we pretend like it`s important now.

Because the show is not the book? Some details are different, such as Melissandre's insistence that the blood be Kosher which actually totally makes sense from a religious zealot's perspective. Better realize that the show isn't the book soon or you're always going to be complaining about things that are ultimately pretty trivial and thus enjoying the experience less.

Because the show is not the book? Some details are different, such as Melissandre's insistence that the blood be Kosher which actually totally makes sense from a religious zealot's perspective. Better realize that the show isn't the book soon or you're always going to be complaining about things that are ultimately pretty trivial and thus enjoying the experience less.

Oh God, and when did she say she needed his blood pure? Or is it just your imagination and pure excuse for nudity? Let`s face it, there are like a hundred ways that scene could have gone. And you all know it.

Memorial Day is the unofficial beginning of summer here in the states, and it's around the time school gets out for a lot of kids. People go out and do stuff.

As stated above, ratings plunged during Season 2's most exciting episode, due to the holiday weekend. But they're not going to allow an American holiday to disrupt the Red Wedding.

will other countries have to wait 2 weeks too?

I dont understand, you dont care, yet your angrily replying regardless? And your being quite aggressive here, not me.

You actually did say "Shame the entire reason she was killed off was because she didn't want to do nudity anymore.", which is exactly the same as "Esme not doing nudity is definitely why she was kicked off the show." Sorry that I didnt pick up that you were joking when it was definitely not clear at all.

Shit. You're.

If I came off as angry, sorry. Not my intention at all. If you read my posts, which apparently you do because you've picked two arguments with me here this morning, on two separate threads, I always sound angry. Maybe I should stop talking like a damn sailor :stillsick: On the other hand, I tend to get that way when being pushed about stupid stuff. Instead of asking "How do you think it's about Ros?" you go all omg stop spreading stuff that isn't confirmed. Speculation is enough for me to share an article I think will interest other posters.

My point is I don't care. Take it however you want. If it wasn't clear before, I'm making it clear now.

Protip: the number of actresses on the show who've been on all 3 seasons and done nudity in them can be counted on one hand. Process of elimination points to Ros.

Thank you! My point entirely.

I gave you constructive way to evade nudity, and I think that this show would be considered more seriously, if the boys would cut on a nudity every once and a while. Melisandre did use her appeal and seduced Stannis, but I can remember only one time she was naked, with Davos when she gave birth to shadow-child. Melisandre had other ways to do that, and inability to see that is short-sightness that is rarely seen.

You're trying to avoid the topic of our conversation. You said that Ran's line was good and I said it was completely illogical. That's what we're discussing.

As for avoiding nudity once in a while, you make it sound like it's everywhere. Three episodes this season has had zero nudity and had under a minute of naked breasts. I can't really account for more since I only know that because of other people's obsession with nudity. I don't care about it either way and such scenes pass me by as every other scene as I'm not uncomfortable with sex, nor aroused much by it in shows like this.

Oh God, and when did she say she needed his blood pure? Or is it just your imagination and pure excuse for nudity? Let`s face it, there are like a hundred ways that scene could have gone. And you all know it.

What do you think the whole lambs to slaughter thing was? There was a direct parallel she drew with slaughtering a beast and performing a blood sacrifice to the LoL. She said it with her own words. There were hundreds of ways that scene could have gone, but I actually enjoyed the way it went. Could it have been better? Yeah, probably. But I'm not in denial. You seem to be though.

Edited by DarkAndFullOfTurnips

Well, it's highly suspect because this story is from yesterday, when Ros had already been dead for two weeks and filming had ended months ago, and it speaks about how an actress on the show has refused to do future topless scenes. I concede that it isn't impossible, but I dont think that was why she was written out of the show even if it is true.$

To Mafalda, sorry if it came off as petty. I'm not targeting you, it's just coincidence.

Edited by Joyful Union

There was a scene where she talked about how frightening a sheep before slaughter spoils the meat. I don't know how they could have made that more obvious without skipping the parallel altogether and stating it plainly.

You're trying to avoid the topic of our conversation. You said that Ran's line was good and I said it was completely illogical. That's what we're discussing.

I am not avoiding it. I think he was completely right about that. If any show gave us so many unneccessary nudity, it`s Spartacus. When you cut down battle scenes and sex scenes, well, the show could have much less episodes. Although I do admit that battle scenes are done grotesquely beautiful and I like them, but for the sake of artistical part fo the show or even its plot, half the dozen sex scenes could have been cut off. And I see the same thing in GoT every once and a while.

As for avoiding nudity once in a while, you make it sound like it's everywhere. Three episodes this season has had zero nudity and had under a minute of naked breasts. I can't really account for more since I only know that because of other people's obsession with nudity. I don't care about it either way and such scenes pass me by as every other scene as I'm not uncomfortable with sex, nor aroused much by it in shows like this.

Me neither, but it seems that there is a great bunch of people who are so fond of those scenes that you could say that use these scene for masturbation (I am so sorry for stipulating the thread with discussion about it). The argument everyone here told me was that Carice Van Houten is hot, and none spoke of relevance of her nudity.

What do you think the whole lambs to slaughter thing was? There was a direct parallel she drew with slaughtering a beast and performing a blood sacrifice to the LoL. She said it with her own words. There were hundreds of ways that scene could have gone, but I actually enjoyed the way it went. Could it have been better? Yeah, probably. But I'm not in denial. You seem to be though.

Let we see this way. Melisandre talks to Gendry, gaining his confidence, making hiom believe that his safe, giving him all he wants, and then out of bleu she performs the ritual. There are ways that could have been done with her clothes off. As for me being in denial, I don`t understand your point, because it doesn`t make any sense.

Does anyone else think that they might really go through with the Loras and Cersei wedding? I'm starting to realize it wouldn't really change the plot that much and would even give extra impetus for Jaime's resentment of Cersei as well as an even bigger reason for Cersei sending Loras to Dragonstone.

I see your point and its a great scene in the book, but show Sansa is just at a different place. She seemed to have more sympathy for Tyrion than in the books. To be honest, I always found it upsetting that she wasn't more kind towards Tyrion. He was never cruel to her.

It is because he is so ugly(book Tyrion) Same as Sandor, she can't look at them. She is too into her fairy-tales of handsome knights like Loras, good luck with getting that up honey.

Let we see this way. Melisandre talks to Gendry, gaining his confidence, making hiom believe that his safe, giving him all he wants, and then out of bleu she performs the ritual. There are ways that could have been done with her clothes off. As for me being in denial, I don`t understand your point, because it doesn`t make any sense.

She does that, yet he still doesn't trust her and is tense. She offers him wine, bathes him, gives him nice clothes. How long do you want this scene to be, 4 days so that she can build up a friendship with him? The quickest and most effective way of getting his guard down was to seduce him. The boy was just betrayed by people who he believed he could trust, for God's sake. Of course they like to show nudity -- because the viewers demand it as a majority. But this wasn't a case of inexplicable and tasteless nudity. You're in denial that your prejudice for anything being different from show to book causes you to come up with frivolous and poorly reasoned arguments.

Edited by DarkAndFullOfTurnips