[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

Sorry man, but Charlize Theron is just too good looking to have any chance at this. For instance, she's so good looking, that I had mostly "impure thoughts" about her character during most of her "serious" roles in Prometheus or Snow White. Sorry. Try make Kate Upton out to be a reviled female lead role in a movie. All the George Lucas CGI magic or Shakespearean film school won't help you.

Snow White was not a serious role of Charlize's (nor Prometheus lbr). Have you never seen Monster? Charlize Theron can do anything. But she is definitely too expensive for HBO.

How she's portrayed doesn't seem to affect how her fans perceive her.

And I think there's pretty compelling evidence it was a faceless man that kills Balon, probably hired by Euron.

Wich evidence do you refer to?

Mary Sues are author self-insert wish fulfilment type characters. Who the hell would want to be Sansa, her life is terrible throughout the series.

In fan fiction. This strong, admirable character that people seem to want to see on the tv show doesn't exist in the books, so I have to assume its fan fic theyre pining for.

Wich evidence do you refer to?

“I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings.” Ghost of High Heart

Plus Euron had been banished by Euron and showed up back on Pyke immediately after Balon's death ('as soon as the body was cold'), which would have been unwise had Balon been alive.

LOL - Did you really read the books? I don't really want to spoil non-book readers, but you got all 3 wrong.

How was he wrong in saying that Robb was killed by the Freys plotting with the Lannisters? Cause he forgot to include the Boltons?

EDIT: And this thread has BOOK SPOILERS in the title. I think them reading that Robb is killed would already have spoiled them.

Edited by wolverine

I don't think we know for sure who killed Balon and Joffrey yet.

Ya we do, Joffrey was killed in a combined effort between Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell, while Balon was killed by a faceless man that was "most likely"(definitely) under the employment of his brother Euron Greyjoy.

Edited by Jon Icefyre

How was he wrong in saying that Robb was killed by the Freys plotting with the Lannisters? Cause he forgot to include the Boltons?

EDIT: And this thread has BOOK SPOILERS in the title. I think them reading that Robb is killed would already have spoiled them.

Literally it was Roose Bolton that put the knife in his heart I suppose.

The thing is, we know for sure they add nudity for the sake of nudity, because Neil Marshall provided an anecdote of being outright told by an executive producer that he wanted as much nudity as possible in the brothel scene in "Blackwater". That's the attitude people are complaining about, and scenes that appear to be the result of that attitude.

This.

Plus, has anyone ever complained about Emilia Clarke (Dany)'s nudity? No, because it makes sense. The scenes with her nudity are scenes that contribute to plot and are not there to provide masturbation material (though I am sure some have been used as such).

Contrastingly, Melisandre got naked (she looks gorgeous, that is not my problem) just so she could tie up Gendry? Yeah, that makes sense (read with sarcasm). I get that his excitement means blood pumps faster, but fear gets the heart racing too. Having two guards hold him down and tying him up would have certainly gotten his blood pumping. It was simply an excuse to include nudity, not a reason.

Most of us have no problem with nudity and sex. The problem is that we do not watch the show for the nudity and sex - we watch it for the characters and the story. Dany having sex with Drogo was part of building her character. We learned nothing from Mel screwing Gendry, except that Mel loves a nice Baratheon shaft.

Edited by 7V3N

Much better than last week. The Gendry diversion from the books is interesting but also a shame because it kind of closes off some avenues his story could have gone in my opinion.

Melisandre is gorgeous and perfect in the role, Sam the Slayer was good and needed to be included, agree with people preferring this Daario to the on in the books and I don't see it as a huge loss to not have Ben Plumm and the Storm Crows just necessary trimming of minor characters.

Wedding scenes were much as I expected and I didn't have a problem with them although I do feel it would undermine Cersei to actually have her go through with the marriage to Loras and I don't expect this to happen. Agree that the Hound was too nice but television is a less subtle medium and the viewers need to be pushed toward what I'm assuming will be a redemptive arc for Sandor.

So far the only thing that is really worrying me is how the Jeyne Westerling/Talisa storyline is going to be tied up, why the Blackfish is seemingly going to be at the RW and where the blazes are all the Northmen!

The argument about nudity is pretty pointless. I would say that any post watershed tv drama includes sex scenes and people expect it plus the books are not exactly chaste in their content and descriptions. I also thought Gendry's 'Stand by Me' moment with the leech was pretty amusing.

Two kings will fall this season, it seems. We have the Red Wedding in the next episode, and from what we've seen in the trailers, Yara's story is continuing in Season 3 - which only makes sense if they plan on Balon biting the dust this season too.

Two kings will fall this season, it seems. We have the Red Wedding in the next episode, and from what we've seen in the trailers, Yara's story is continuing in Season 3 - which only makes sense if they plan on Balon biting the dust this season too.

:agree: Well said.

Three years in and people are still talking about the nudity. At what point is everyone just going to accept that HBO will continue to show copious nudity and accept it or stop watching? This will not change in Season 4 or the season after, and so on.

I can't quite believe it, but I actually liked Daario. In the books he is without a doubt the one character I would gladly hand over to Ramsay Bolton, and yet here his swagger seemed both natural and justified. I'm looking forward to his rivalry with Ser Jorah and maybe even Ser Barristan.

Surely that'll be this season. Then by Season 4 it's two kings down, one to go. Should be good!

Explain me why did we need a naked Melisandre to preform leeches ritual, and why of all places his penis was the best place to put one (although Robb`s penis led him to his doom, so that might be some kind of foreshadowing)? I understood when Brienne and Jaime were naked, even with Jon and Ygritte, it was normal for Robb and Talis. This one is simply above me. I don`t see what kind of story her boobs and buttocks are telling, but that`s just me.

Maybe she just wanted some. I thought the nudity scene was too long. I was like, ok you're naked, awesome, but we got things to do as well. Stannis looked a little PO'd when his get-it-on woman was getting-in-on with Baratheon 2.0 which made up for it. you would think he would say Joffrey's name first, like in the books. In the books, there was some hesitation before throwing the Robb starck voo-doo leach in the fire. But TV =/= books. I need to keep telling myself this.