[Book Spoilers] EP308 Discussion

Ran

If you don't like the nudity, wait till it comes out on AMC. Otherwise stop your batching, it's HBOs MO.

And Boardwalk Empire doesn't have lots of gratuitous nudity? They have women walking around naked and entertaining men all the time. Gip got shot being "aphixiated."

If you don't like the nudity, wait till it comes out on AMC. Otherwise stop your batching, it's HBOs MO.

And Boardwalk Empire doesn't have lots of gratuitous nudity? They have women walking around naked and entertaining men all the time. Gip got shot being "aphixiated."

Yeah, Boardwalk Empire has just as much nudity and random sex scenes as GoT, maybe even more. There's a whole bunch of brothel scenes and showgirls or prostitutes who are just there for the boob quota.

I don't have a problem with nudity unless it gets dragged on a bit too much, in example, sexposition by LF or the Theon scene of last week that was a tad too long.

Maybe I'm just more used to European cinema where nudity is like in real life, everywhere, as it's quite natural.

I don't have a problem with nudity unless it gets dragged on a bit too much, in example, sexposition by LF or the Theon scene of last week that was a tad too long.

Maybe I'm just more used to European cinema where nudity is like in real life, everywhere, as it's quite natural.

I only have a problem with nudity when it takes away from the story, there's too many character and stories in GoT that need to be told that everytime they decide to put in unnecessary sex scenes or nudity it takes more away then it gives.

I agree about the sexstuff. Takes away too much important time from the storytelling!

One other thing I was kinda bummed about in this episode was the fact that Daario killed the Titans Bastard... Now Barristan the Boss can'ts save Dany from him with a wooden stick - a scene that just shows how fucking badass he is.

Maybe they'll keep it anyway, with just some random assassin from Yunkai or Meereen. I hope so anyway :))))

there was NO NEED to distract him. It's just HBO wasting precious show minutes with sex and nudity.

Disagree. Remember the scene earlier with Mel talking to Stannis about "killing lambs without letting the see the knife"? She needs a way to bound him so he can't interfere with the leeches. What other way would u tie him up with out him being alarmed?

Is daario leading Jorah n greyworm throughout the sewers? Doesn't that happen in meereen?

How do you know it doesnt? They can move pretty far in two weeks <G> I swear people jump to conclusions based on, well, nothing.

The argument continues because Ros was a scapegoat. Fans were able to look at her and blame her for HBO's desire to fill every episode with sex and nudity. She was entirely original to the show and took up more screen time than major characters. It was believed that her death meant less forced nudity, but instead it meant the nudity would be more widespread across different characters' stories.

People have the right to voice their complaints. Not every show needs nudity. Boardwalk Empire (a great HBO series) had incredibly little nudity in comparison, and when it did it was mostly part of character development. People should not stop complaining. It's called critiquing and some people even get paid to do it! The show is made for us fans, so our opinions of the show do matter. After critics and fans alike were highly critical of last season's diversions (mainly Quarth), we have seen the show treat Dany's story with care, making it incredibly true to the novels. And I think most would agree her storyline has been one of the strongest this season.

Never tell fans to stop voicing their opinions, because the show is made for us.

Qarth.

ETA: People keep missing the point. I (like most, I believe) do NOT have a problem with nudity. We have a problem that HBO can't give us an episode without forcing nudity into a scene. The scenes where nudity occurs naturally are fine (think Dany in season 1). The problem is scenes where it just happens and you're left thinking, "Wait, why did they get naked for that," as was the Mel-Gendry situation. The scene is not the problem, it is that HBO forces the sex and nudity into every scene they can. I am sure they can't wait for Sophie Turner (Sansa) to turn 18.

You mean Mel, someone notorious for fucking people with kings blood in order to have their power inside of her, wouldn't take the opportunity to "top off the tank" prior to leaching gendry? You might not think it "fits" but you might also not understand it all either. Stop focusing on the nudity because you are missing story elements.

You mean Mel, someone notorious for fucking people with kings blood in order to have their power inside of her, wouldn't take the opportunity to "top off the tank" prior to leaching gendry? You might not think it "fits" but you might also not understand it all either. Stop focusing on the nudity because you are missing story elements.

Is she notorious for that? Book Mel only fucks Stannis to my recollection, and there is no sex angle to the leeches on Edric Storm. I know that it doesn't even "fit" with what the show itself created because if the lamb can't see the knife because it spoils the blood then it logically follows that the leeching too must be done without any fear, so tying him up and then dropping leeches on him while he screams was definitely showing him the knife and ruining the blood. Logic fail.

Is she notorious for that? Book Mel only fucks Stannis to my recollection, and there is no sex angle to the leeches on Edric Storm. I know that it doesn't even "fit" with what the show itself created because if the lamb can't see the knife because it spoils the blood then it logically follows that the leeching too must be done without any fear, so tying him up and then dropping leeches on him while he screams was definitely showing him the knife and ruining the blood. Logic fail.

I suppose the "spoiling" process apparently takes time. I don't know.

Is daario leading Jorah n greyworm throughout the sewers? Doesn't that happen in meereen?

That's Meereen, Season 4, if they can afford it.

Tho , the previews seem to show Jorah inside something, when all the battle action happened outside Yunkai.

Hope D&D don't do a riff on that story.

I will most likely calm down after I see it a second or third time, I just wonder how they're going to give her wolfness back.

I have always disliked Sansa. Perhaps I've misunderstood her because it seems you all adore her. I am an Arya kind of girl, so I disliked the way she treated Arya, how she lied for Joffrey to suit her own selfish needs when lives were at stake, how stupid she used to be about Joffrey, and how stupid she continues to be about Loras. The only time I liked her was with the Hound, and I never thought that was a healthy relationship. I thought, reading the book, that her marriage to Tyrion would finally open her doe eyes, but alas.

As to her wolfishness, I thought it was obvious she was more Tully than wolf when she was the first to lose her direwolf. I thought that was the perfect symbol of her lack of all things Stark.