How would you rate episode 308?

Ran

How would you rate episode 308?  

748 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

8 heads of The Ned out of 10.

Two reasons it got knocked, to an otherwise solid 9.

Sansa kneeling. That....i just dont like that at all. At all. *sigh*

Mel and Gendry. Wasnt kosher with how that went down.

Otherwise, it was a great episode. Daario being likable is surprise and kinda nice. Hes still smarmy enough but much less in your face. Ill be interested to see what they do with him.

Sam the Slayer. Fuck. Yes.

I give it an 8. I didn't like that the Hound, Tyrion, and Sansa are all so much nicer than their book versions. Sansa not kneeling is understandable given what a great perfect guy Tyrion is. I miss the animosity in their wedding, how they both seemed to briefly hate each other. It's one of those things that made it interesting and made you wonder "Will he consummate his marriage?" In the show, I feel there was no chance. I didn't like that there was no Robb and Catelyn. I didn't like that Arya and the Hound was so short - I think Arya continues to get the shaft by the show. Milsandre and Gendry went on way too long when we could have had more Arya/Hound or Robb/Catelyn.

I am always stunned by the reactions of the internet as I thought this episode was not nearly as good as the last two episodes (which I had zero complaints with) but it was better than episode 5, which I think I rated a 7.

Edited by Lothar

A very good episode.

Not much action , we will have to see the unsullied grade.

Amazing cutting the book into two seasons and and still so much to go!

Dany's story has been handled the best.

I just hope Arya's travels with the Hound carry over into next season, because I loved that story.

No Meereen till season 4 , that should work.

Edited by boojam

Very solid episode, though the efforts to make Tyrion nice makes the character less interesting on the screen, and the absolutely pointless Melisandre nudity shows that they're shamelessly fulfilling their quota. But on the other hand, despite hating the sword-and-sorcery B-movie costuming for the Second Sons (the camp follower, OTOH, looks like she ran away from a John Norman novel), I thought Ed Skrein had just the right swagger for Daario. Maybe a little too much obvious posturing, but his line about always having a choice was... well, quite choice.

Also, end scene was terrific. Nice direction from MacLaren there. Makes up for the underwhelming bear pit sequence.

When you and others say Tyrion is too nice compared to the book (I guess you mean) , just what exactly do you mean by that?

The nudity has got to be an HBO mandate (no I am not forgetting how much George had in the book).

All I can think is HBO is thumbing their nose at the MPAA.

Edited by boojam

much muchmuch better than the last two episodes. 9. I bet the views will rise again for the next episode

only not sure why melissandre had to take off her clothes to tiegendry up.. you would think acouple of guardsmen would have done just fine

Edited by Wyman_Manderly

I gave it a 7, rounded up from 6.5. The ep couldn't retain my attention. It felt quite flat and somewhat disjointed in parts, in all but one scene failing to deliver its punches. In short it left very little impression on me and my group of unsullied, with the exception of the Sam the slayer. That scene was well done, despite the blatant directorial echoing of Hitchcock's The Birds, or perhaps because of it.

I would have liked Daario to be more of a popinjay, a threadbare fop, and so on. But he did pretty well, I thought. And yes, Mero has a dark reputation in the novels, and acts very rudely.

Well D & D have been doing all along , toning down Georges hyperbole , so I think that's the way it is and will be.

It's their choice.

Edited by boojam

only not sure why melissandre had to take off her clothes to tiegendry up.. you would think acouple of guardsmen would have done just fine

Funny...since this is one of the only episodes the show has done where nudity actually served a plot purpose other than being purely gratuituous. I didn't mind...but I've always had a crush on the red witch. ;)

When you and others say Tyrion is too nice compared to the book (I guess you mean) , just what exactly do you mean by that?

In the show, he actually got her to smile before the wedding. It went much further the night of the wedding before he told her he couldn't do it. He actually told her he wanted her. He told her to get into bed. He told her not to cover herself with the blanket. Only then when she was laying there with her eyes closed did he say "Stop, open your eyes, I can't do this."

It's just not half as interesting as the way the book did it.

Unlike the last two episodes which perfectly captured the Jaime/Brienne dynamic and did everything great.

Edited by Lothar