How would you rate episode 308?

Ran

How would you rate episode 308?  

748 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

And still he acts and believes he's the rightfull king. It still seems to me as a scriptwriter's fatal mistake.

No, I think he knows there is nothing to prove he isnt a Baratheon so he is the rightful king. Sociopath, remember? Not a Stannis. In fact, legitimizing Robert's rule used some fancy pedigree detective work when actually he won the kingdom by battle and this was legitimized after the fact. So if you have the Iron Throne it seems it doesnt matter by what means.

No, I think he knows there is nothing to prove he isnt a Baratheon so he is the rightful king. Sociopath, remember? Not a Stannis. In fact, legitimizing Robert's rule used some fancy pedigree detective work when actually he won the kingdom by battle and this was legitimized after the fact. So if you have the Iron Throne it seems it doesnt matter by what means.

Nah... that just doesnt sound right.

I must admit, it seems to me that this scene is a huuuuge mistake.

He must have heard all his life "you are a Baratheon"... to suddenly speek of himself as a Lannister... because of some letter from Stannis?

Thats very unlikely.

Edited by poggo

Nah... that just doesnt sound right.

I must admit, it seems to me that this scene is a huuuuge mistake.

He must have heard all his life "you are a Baratheon"... to suddenly speek of himself as a Lannister... because of some letter from Stannis?

Thats very unlikely.

Well then I'll fall back on him being at least half Lannister and surrounded by only Lannisters as family, the Baratheons having run off and deserted him. And then rebelled against him. Some family.

Edited by rmholt

Pretty damn good episode. Covered a lot of things from the book. I gave it a 9 just because I know what's happening next episode and it didn't have as epic of an ending as Dany freeing her Unsullied. Though still an exhilarating ending. Great Episode.

This show is so well acted, It's hard to give anything lower than a 9 week after week.

I'd have to disagree even though I also gave this episode a 9, because acting can only do so much given the quality of writing. Charles Dance alluded to that in a Thronecast interview. Fortunately this episode was well written and directed but that hasn't always been the case. It's rare but sometimes they have a couple scenes that are a but difficult to get through because the cheese factor seeps through.

But yes, this show overall is one of the best cast and acted I've ever seen, especially considering how completely unconventional some of the characters are.

Edited by DarkAndFullOfTurnips

But yes, this show overall is one of the best cast and acted I've ever seen, especially considering how completely unconventional some of the characters are.

The writing and stories are bizarre, and sometimes a nonsense, but acting is so good and character development that the show is always legit.

cersei Loras scene last night, Tyrion, Bron and Square's brothel gift, Bron and the Hound facing off at the pub, cat weaping by the window. The story is full of bull, but they pull it off.

Finally got to watch it. Gave it a solid 9.

One of the better episodes this season for sure.

Dany's scenes were great and not just because she's smoking hot.

Liked Daario surprisingly, he's much less flamboyant, quite a bit more subtle, but still has the swagger from the books . Loved that they kept his ridiculous naked lady blades accurate.

The wedding and "bedding" we're every bit as uncomfortable as I expected them to be.

Drunken Tyrion was great. Loved all of his drunken dialogue in the scene from his defiance towards Joffrey to his scene with Sansa.

While the leech scene was certainly a huge deviation from the books, I thought it was effective in moving the plot along and I got what they were going for.

As both a Stannis and Dillane fan, I loved his scene with Davos. I know show Stan doesn't get a lot of love on these boards, but he hasn't disappointed me in the slightest really. Aside that we don't get to see enough of him. Dillane's portrayal, to me, is not such a chariciture, if that's the right word, as book Stannis is. I can't wait til they get to the battle in the snow that he saw in the flames, and particularly what comes after.

Arya and the Hound. I love that little Maisie Williams acting so much that if I ever have another daughter, I'm naming her Maisie. True story. The Hound simply isn't his brother. He doesn't seem quite dark enough though, but I suppose he does soften up a bit in the books at times as well. Rory does a great job playing the part though. His is consistently one of my favorites in the show.

The ravens/crows and the weirwood and Sam the freakin Slayer was awesome. 1000 eyes and 1. Loved it. I just wish Grenn was there to see it, but who knows, maybe he was and we'll see it in one of the later episodes.

I sure hope we get Coldhands before seasons end though.

All in all I thought it was terrific.

Oh and Cersei and Joffrey are assholes. Which is great, cause I hate them equally in the books too.

Edited by RottenAppleFossoway

Finally got to watch it. Gave it a solid 9.

One of the better episodes this season for sure.

The wedding and "bedding" we're every bit as uncomfortable as I expected them to be.

Drunken Tyrion was great. Loved all of his drunken dialogue in the scene from his defiance towards Joffrey to his scene with Sansa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlHUtmnAnA

Peter Drunklage

A vast improvement over the last two. The wedding scene and reception were perfect. We finally got to see Sam in action and Dany was awesome as usual in her scenes. Even the additions with Melisandre and Gendry were interesting. A contender for best episode with 4 and 5. I give it a 10. Next week is sure going to be a blast.

This episode hit all the right notes. It did not cover a lot of arcs, but what it did cover it did right. Since it was centered on Sansa and Tyrion's wedding, Stannis cursing the usurpers, and Dany with the Second Sons, hopefully next week as much time will be devoted to doing the Red Wedding and Queenscrown as superbly.

Even though Robb and Catelyn did not make an appearance, Sandor's explanation of his intentions to Arya and Cersei's diabolical little chat with Margaery both set the stage for what is coming.

I gave it an 8.

At first I had a problem with Sansa kneeling at the wedding scene but the tone between the two leading up to that moment was completely different from the books. They both were a lot more angry and bitter at each other as opposed to Tyrion making a joke about wine and Sansa cracking a smile moments before the ceremony. Her not kneeling wouldn't have made much sense here.

I got no complaints about seeing a naked Melisandre. Matter of fact, she should just walk around naked for no other reason than her body is smokin' hot. Cheers to you, pervert-producer-hack!

Question: If Sam kills a white-walker in the woods and no one is around to see it, is he really The Slayer?

I'm kinda pissed that Sam didn't get a chance to be a badass in front of his boys Grenn and Edd. Nobody in their right mind will believe what just happened. Now he's going to be called "The Slayer" as a joke by non-believers instead of some hard-earned street cred from people who witnessed the awesomeness first hand. Sam deserves better than that.

I'm a bit torn with tv Daario. I really enjoyed the portrayal of the character on screen, but I can't say that I like the white-washing of his physical characteristics. I don't recall Abercrombie & Fitch model as being a description used by George to describe him. But that's a minor nitpick. He may end up being my favorite before too long.

My favorite line of the night has to go to Cersei: "If you ever call me sister again I'll have you strangled in your sleep." Daaaamn. That's real talk there. You can't say you don't know where you stand after hearing that.

All in all it was a very solid episode

ETA: Honorable Mention for best line of the night goes to Tyrion: "I'm the God of Tits and Wine. I shall build a shrine to myself at the next brothel I visit."

Edited by Kenyatta

And still he acts and believes he's the rightfull king. It still seems to me as a scriptwriter's fatal mistake.

Because he's a sociopath/psychopath. Do you really think he gives a shit who his real father is? Kid is on the throne, he's going to act like the king. Is it implied anywhere in Joff's characterization that he would let something like this deter him? Cmon man

An 8 from me this week.

There were some very good scenes, particularly the ones in Kings Landing. Of course that's largely due to there being so many great passages in the book(s), but I'm glad that the TV adaptation retains some of favourites.

There weren't any scenes I thought were weak, but there does seem to have been a return of unnecessary nudity. No problem with this per se, but I alway feel that it's included at the expense of better potential content.

I want to watch it again before I give it a final score, but it's high, very high. Maybe the highest of the season. Having less jumps between plots makes everything run smoother. I loved every single scene, which is not something I believe I have said about any episode so far in the entire saga.

I think that Dinklage and Sophie Turner were nothing short of spectacular in this episode.

About Daario...well, I'm a Ser Jorah fan (Show Jorah, book Jorah was kinda meh), so Daario would be an "enemy", but I think I already prefer him over book Daario.

Nine out of 10 for me, excellent pacing throughout, some great build up to set pieces (Sam the Slayer was perfectly done imho) and the depositing of his fellow captain's heads by Daario in Dany's chambers. Also liked the scene with The Hound and Arya. Just gave her enough doubt about his motivations to make their journey to The Twins interesting.

The wedding was brilliantly played by all involved. Joffrey stealing Tyrion's stool was a masterpiece in showing what a little shit he is and also giving that awkward moment when Tyrion has to ask her to knee so she can be cloaked. I don't really care at all about the "whitewashing" of him the show's allegedly done, he's still a totally flawed character and Peter Dinklage portrays that perfectly, loved the "And Now My Watch Begins" line.

Great to see Davos and Stannis' relationship again and I thought the scene with Gendry was fine, if a little long, but can understand they're trying to reference back to the whole King's Blood being powerful stuff of the shadow baby. Will be interesting to see where they go with the leeches/power of the Red God when dealing with the fate of the three usurpers Stannis named.

Loved Sam the Slayer, the ravens foreshadowing and the weirwood tree and thought their flight perfectly ended the episode.