[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion.

teemo

Jorah tells Dany "Sometimes I look at you, and I still can't believe youre real" in S2, can't remember which episode.

To be fair, Jorah has been too busy competing with Ser Barristan to make a pass at Dany this season.

Not that they have actually show off their skills in battle to have something to compare them with.

Not being in Jaime's head makes the periodsexnexttodeadson EVEN STRANGER. We haven't seen how they justify their relationship since season 1 when Cersei told Ned. We don't see how he's ONLY ever been with Cersei. We don't see how conflicted he is. We just barely see that he was a little turned on (and confused by that) in the bath scene. In the eyes of show only viewers, he has turned a new leaf. Immediately screwing Cersei the first chance he gets will not make sense to them. At least not if it's close to his dead son. If it does happen, I assume they will just show them trying to but him being conflicted and her obviously being disgusted by his stump.

If anything, the show stressed out the mirror image between him and Brienne ever since the rape scene, the whole season has been a back and forth between what Jaime would've done if he was Brienne and what Brienne would've done if she was a Jaime.

There're hints Brienne would have done the same thing to her 'precious Renly' if he would've gave the same orders the Mad King did throughout the bath scene.

Not to mention, several hints Ser Jaime would've returned Catelyn's daughters should something happen to Brienne; he's not conflicted anymore, not at Bolton's table, not at the bear pit, not even the last time he speaks to Locke.

His first instinct is still to go back to the other half of himself. Thing is, on the show, that other half isn't Cersei.

So much procastination on what might happen, could happen, won't happen. Little effect on this episode. Past and done, won't happen Jamie - Brienne logistically to be just slightly a little awkward even viewers can acknowledge that. Jamie - Cersi as a sceen later would cause much effect. Undoubtedly Cersi has been swooning enough to get stumped from his encounter. Where it will happen in which setting is debatable. Having to happen to an extent, inevitable as that tension will need to be shown. Maybe he will go and find Brienne afterwards, highly doubtful.

From this episode one could have imagined Jon giving Ygritte another go.. If still on those themes but wasn't there enough of that content?

Tryion - Sansa happened after their wedding night? Maybe to be glossed over though with last couple episodes remaining enough content outside of that theme for characters to keep us as occupied.

Jorah - Dany. Kissing, not much build up with either characters amidst the many battles and conquests, if it happens or when it does is when they will go their separate ways. Presumably he will try, she will give him a slap call him a betrayer, he will be heart broken and banished. She has got a pet ninja, and a handmaiden in her pocket really doesn't want a bear too. No teddies allowed!

So much procastination on what might happen, could happen, won't happen. Little effect on this episode. Past and done, won't happen Jamie - Brienne logistically to be just slightly a little awkward even viewers can acknowledge that. Jamie - Cersi as a sceen later would cause much effect. Undoubtedly Cersi has been swooning enough to get stumped from his encounter.

Did you just say Cersei was "swooning to get stumped"?? :laugh:

All the "chess pieces" on Robb's map are too uniform. They look like they were all cast in a plastic mold, especially all the lion heads representing Lannister troops. They should each be a little different and have a more hand carved look to them.

I can't nitpick anything Robb related knowing what's going to happen to him.

I'm just glad the show made him a father, that is something his book counterpart never got to have before Edmure's wedding.

I have a few questions about Walder Frey and Lord Bolton not particularly relevant to the latest episode, but something I have been thinking about and actually more relevant to "The Bear and Maiden Fair" Episode.

What happened to Frey's men that Stark took in Season 1? Supposedly Robb received about 2000 or so I believe and 400 stayed at The Twins in Season 1. I guess his men left for the Twins after Robb married Talisa in Season 2. And now he is going back for more as supposedly he has a great number? Will that make that much of a difference in attacking Casterly Rock if Walder supposedly has that many men. I guess we may find out next episode the numbers.

Secondly, why would Lord Bolton release Jaime so easily? Bolton released Jaime only if he told Tywin that it was not him who cut his hand off? Sounds like Bolton is scared of Tywin? Is he trying to back out, does he not agree with Robb's tactics lately? Robb surely won't like this if he finds out and I am skeptical how this will play out. I don't see Bolton, the man who flays his captives, as someone who would release Jaime so easily? What the hell?

Secondly, why would Lord Bolton release Jaime so easily? Bolton released Jaime only if he told Tywin that it was not him who cut his hand off? Sounds like Bolton is scared of Tywin? Is he trying to back out, does he not agree with Robb's tactics lately? Robb surely won't like this if he finds out and I am skeptical how this will play out. I don't see Bolton, the man who flays his captives, as someone who would release Jaime so easily? What the hell?

The title warns of book spoilers so I guess its ok to answer your question. Roose is scared of Tywin and is in the process of selling Robb out to him in exchange for his treason against the crown being forgiven.

I have a few questions about Walder Frey and Lord Bolton not particularly relevant to the latest episode, but something I have been thinking about and actually more relevant to "The Bear and Maiden Fair" Episode.

What happened to Frey's men that Stark took in Season 1? Supposedly Robb received about 2000 or so I believe and 400 stayed at The Twins in Season 1. I guess his men left for the Twins after Robb married Talisa in Season 2. And now he is going back for more as supposedly he has a great number? Will that make that much of a difference in attacking Casterly Rock if Walder supposedly has that many men. I guess we may find out next episode the numbers.

You should probably leave the thread before you get something spoiled.

Honestly, I don't like Danys scenes anymore. She is forcing the fiercness on her and it shows. Shes actually too sweet and soft-spoken. And the constant proud smirks and looks on Barristan and Jorahs faces are just too corny for me. Sorry just too much like a kids play there. Dany should roughen up a bit - like help her with makeup artists to make the eyes darker or whatever.

oh and my theory - I'd love to see her ending up going MAD like Aerys :)

oh and my theory - I'd love to see her ending up going MAD like Aerys :)

Well we already have had her ding bat brother, having her too, that would be a cliche.

O! man I hope George does not do that Mad Hatter thing with her because we have already been there and done that.

As you describe her, my impression , from the book, is George does the same thing.

In fact I thought they handled her better , 1-4, especially at the end of episode four , loved the poker face.

The daggers her eye's streamed at Kraznys mo Nakloz when he said "The bitch has her army" was priceless.

It seems they calculate a mood and look for Emilia and she goes with it.

For instance she goes into a 'cobra about to strike' mode when she dead pans "A man who fights for gold can't afford to lose to a girl" .... I love that version of Dany... they should use it more often.

She seems to spit fire when she speaks Valyrian ... :) ... should stick with that demeanor.

Archived