[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion.

teemo

Small thing. I would have preferred Stannis to go by the book order of usurpers; Joffrey, Balon, Robb. Robb is the one you really care about, and it stands to reason that hearing his name last would make you go, "Oh shit, no!" Rather the show has put them in the order that they will actually die in, as if that matters.

I agree. It makes it to blatantly obvious what will happen next episode. I'd rather them have kept Robb's name last and just have the subtle hint of the Hound saying 'the bloody wedding'.

Not exactly a nitpick - but Jack Gleeson was great in tonight's episode and it sucks that his character dies soon. Someone mentioned giving Charles Dance a fat suit and making him Manderly, so I think we should dye Jack's hair blue and make him fAegon =)

Small stuff I liked...

-Podrick wears a cape. Podrick is a boss.

-Daario's daggers.

-Daario saying valor morghulis. "All MEN (not women) must die.) Heeello!

-TYRION: "Do you drink wine?

SANSA: "When I have to?"

Later, Sansa pours herself a glass in the bedchamber. Made me chuckle.

-"If you ever call me sister again, I'll have you strangled in your sleep." Check, please. Cercei's mind has cashed out. Going to love watching her go completely insane.

-Love the statues of The Seven in the temple. Great set design.

-Such a dick move by Joffrey to remove the stool. Love that evil, inbred SOB.

-Varys sighting at the wedding!

-Bowls of brown reference! Hat tip.

-A priest(ess) seducing an innocent boy...are we in Boston?

GENDRY: "This doesn't seem very religious."

-MEL: "Dried up cunts." gross!

-MEL: "Death is coming for everyone and everything—a darkness that will swallow the dawn—and we can stop it, you and I ... Let me show you what you have inside you. Come fight death with me." Let's shag and save the world!

-Mel should have at least finished Gendry off. I mean, leech on penis is one thing. Leech on hard penis with blue balls? Now that's fucked up.

-Tyrion laughing at himself when he fills the wine glass all the way to the top.

-QOT: "So, their son will be your nephew after you marry Cersei, of course. And you will be the king's step-father and brother-in-law. When you marry the king (speaking to Marg), Joffrey's mother will become his sister-in-law. And your son will be Loras' nephew? ... grandson? ... I'm not sure. But you brother will become your father-in-law, that much is beyond dispute." LOL Greatest fucking line ever.

-[Tywin looking pissed.] If he drinks too much, I can't stick the fucking leeches on him!

-Tyrion wipes mouth with tablecloth. Boss bard!

-CERSEI: "Perhaps you could talk to your bride-to-be instead [you sick fucking hellspawn]?"

JOFFREY: "I've got a lifetime for that."

Welp, it's all relative, I guess.

-Varys talking to Sansa during the wedding reception. Hmmm.

-TYRION, in sing-song voice: "I am the god of tits and wine." Changing post subscript in 3...2...1!

-Tyrion's leather coat looking all Darth Vader and shit. "You will do your duty (and impregnate that 14-year-old ginger)!"

-Shae talking to Grand Maester Pycelle at wedding reception. WTF? Got any Tears of Lys? Tywin has been plowing me behind Tyrion's back and I that shit's gotta stop!

-Loras' approach to Cersei in the scene overlooking Blackwater Bay was so ill-conceived. How did Marg get all the cunning, manipulative genes and Loras is such dolt? Hey, Cersei. Nice night. Wanna shag? You can pretend I'm your brother...because... well...I am going to be your brother-in-law.

-Another Sansa/Varys scene. They had a looooong conversation. Hmmm. I got you a wedding present, Sansa. A hairnet of garnets. Just make sure to wear it to Joffrey's wedding.

-Shae exits stage right IMMEDIATELY when Joffrey takes Sansa by the arm.

-#woodencock

-TYRION: "It is my wedding night. My tiny, junk cock and I have a job to do." [WALKS DOWN STAIRS;SLAMS INTO TABLE] "Come wife. I vomited on a girl once in the middle of the act. Not proud of it, but I think honesty is important between a man and wife. Don't you agree? Come, I'll tell you all about it; put you in the mood." Boss Bard. #GOAT

-TYRION: "Astoundingly long ... neck. You have one." Nice one, Ty.

-Tyrion looking through the lattice work as Sansa undresses. Peep show!

-TYRION: "If my father wants someone to get fucked, I know where he can start...!" ???

-Everyone loves Shae the Jealous Whore, right? I mean, she's everyone's favorite character, no?

-Gilly suggests naming the child Craster. Is she trolling Sam? Effing inbreds...

-Gilly's fire-making skills are legendary. She's just a regular red priestess. Leeches! Fat pink mast!

-Welp, good thing Sam left his little magical knife in the snow.

Small stuff I liked...

-Daario's daggers.

-"If you ever call me sister again, I'll have you strangled in your sleep." Check, please. Cercei's mind has cashed out. Going to love watching her go completely insane.

-MEL: "Death is coming for everyone and everything—a darkness that will swallow the dawn—and we can stop it, you and I ... Let me show you what you have inside you. Come fight death with me." Let's shag and save the world!

-Mel should have at least finished Gendry off. I mean, leech on penis is one thing. Leech on hard penis with blue balls? Now that's fucked up.

-Tyrion laughing at himself when he fills the wine glass all the way to the top.

-QOT: "So, their son will be your nephew after you marry Cersei, of course. And you will be the king's step-father and brother-in-law. When you marry the king (speaking to Marg), Joffrey's mother will become his sister-in-law. And your son will be Loras' nephew? ... grandson? ... I'm not sure. But you brother will become your father-in-law, that much is beyond dispute." LOL Greatest fucking line ever.

-[Tywin looking pissed.] If he drinks too much, I can't stick the fucking leeches on him!

-CERSEI: "Perhaps you could talk to your bride-to-be instead [you sick fucking hellspawn]?"

-TYRION, in sing-song voice: "I am the god of tits and wine." Changing post subscript in 3...2...1!

-Tyrion's leather coat looking all Darth Vader and shit. "You will do your duty (and impregnate that 14-year-old ginger)!"

-Shae talking to Grand Maester Pycelle at wedding reception. WTF? Got any Tears of Lys? Tywin has been plowing me behind Tyrion's back and I that shit's gotta stop!

-Loras' approach to Cersei in the scene overlooking Blackwater Bay was so ill-conceived. How did Marg get all the cunning, manipulative genes and Loras is such dolt? Hey, Cersei. Nice night. Wanna shag? You can pretend I'm your brother...because... well...I am going to be your brother-in-law.

-Another Sansa/Varys scene. They had a looooong conversation. Hmmm. I got you a wedding present, Sansa. A hairnet of garnets. Just make sure to wear it to Joffrey's wedding.

-#woodencock

-TYRION: "It is my wedding night. My tiny, junk cock and I have a job to do." [WALKS DOWN STAIRS;SLAMS INTO TABLE] "Come wife. I vomited on a girl once in the middle of the act. Not proud of it, but I think honesty is important between a man and wife. Don't you agree? Come, I'll tell you all about it; put you in the mood." Boss Bard. #GOAT

-TYRION: "If my father wants someone to get fucked, I know where he can start...!" ???

-Everyone loves Shae the Jealous Whore, right? I mean, she's everyone's favorite character, no?

-Gilly suggests naming the child Craster. Is she trolling Sam? Effing inbreds...

-Gilly's fire-making skills are legendary. She's just a regular red priestess. Leeches! Fat pink mast!

Small stuff I liked...

-Daario's daggers.

-#woodencock

Actually Balon dies first in the books.

I wonder if we are going to find out about that in the next episode in how we still haven't seen the Asha/Yara scene that was in the season previews. Only, that could ruin the surprise and shock of the Red Wedding.

Small stuff I liked...

-Daario's daggers.

-#woodencock

This thread is called Nitpick without repercussion - in my opinion that means you should be able to be picky without there being any repercusions. It does not, I think, mean that you should be able to get away with outrageous statements, label as deviant characerisations that are obviously in line with the novels, or restate the clearly erroneous, yet quite popular, idea that D&D know next to nothing about ASOIAF. There is literally a comment in this thread complaining about Cersei burning bridges with Margarey so early on in their relationship??!?!?! The mind boggles. This is one of those times where D&D are accused of not understanding something, when it is actually the poster who has not grasped what GRRM was trying to convey through subtext from the very beginning. Cersei and Margarey immediately realise that they are opponents in 'the game', and though they do not go all out on each other srtaight away it is always clear that there is a large degree of enmity. D&D obviously do fudge the emotional dynamic of some relationships and there should be a thread where people can complain about minor changes and character differences but it is so arrogant when it is implied that D&D clearly do not understand ASOIAF because their take on a character is different, especially when their interpretation is based far more on the text than the emotional attachments to some characters that are developed by some sections of the readership.

This thread is called Nitpick without repercussion - in my opinion that means you should be able to be picky without there being any repercusions. It does not, I think, mean that you should be able to get away with outrageous statements, label as deviant characerisations that are obviously in line with the novels, or restate the clearly erroneous, yet quite popular, idea that D&D know next to nothing about ASOIAF. There is literally a comment in this thread complaining about Cersei burning bridges with Margarey so early on in their relationship??!?!?! The mind boggles. This is one of those times where D&D are accused of not understanding something, when it is actually the poster who has not grasped what GRRM was trying to convey through subtext from the very beginning. Cersei and Margarey immediately realise that they are opponents in 'the game', and though they do not go all out on each other srtaight away it is always clear that there is a large degree of enmity. D&D obviously do fudge the emotional dynamic of some relationships and there should be a thread where people can complain about minor changes and character differences but it is so arrogant when it is implied that D&D clearly do not understand ASOIAF because their take on a character is different, especially when their interpretation is based far more on the text than the emotional attachments to some characters that are developed by some sections of the readership.

While I'm not disagreeing the accusation may be a tad extreme it does seem D&D make things a tad to obvious in the show. Little Finger is a perfect example. He isn't subtle at all. I definitely like the threat Cersei made to Marge, but again it wasn't all that subtle either. They're just not good at writing that sort of thing. There's many other things I could say that I in all honesty don't think D&D understand about the series but is rather not go into all of that again. Lack of subtlety is not their strong suit, to put it simply, IMO.

The thing that infuriated me about this episode was quite clearly that they made Sansa kneel for Tyrion, in particular in how there was no need at all for that scene. Seeing how during Robb and Talisa's wedding last season there was no exchange of cloaks thus there was no need for it at this wedding either.

Instead, it seems like they stuck it in as how D&D were butthurt Tyrion fanboys who were angry that Sansa didn't kneel for their favorite character thus they decided to rewrite the scene so that he got his proper respect in their adaption of the show. All while, not caring that they were deleting one of her key moments of strength within the series in how they obviously don't care for her as a separate character.

Moreover, the whole issue of Joffrey stealing Tyrion's stepping stool seemed like an tacked on moment to refocus the audience's sympathies back onto Tyrion rather then risk having them solely focus on Sansa's plight.

I thought the scene with Sam being attacked by the walker could have been done better. They made it seem as though the walker came for the baby, only the Others take the boys. Eliminating small characters like Lark the Sisterman, Chett, and Small Paul is understandable in a television production, but they could still remain true to minor details.

White Walkers = Others, Wights = Zombies. What you've seen today was an Other. Please, it's been three seasons. Please.

The thing that infuriated me about this episode was quite clearly that they made Sansa kneel for Tyrion, in particular in how there was no need at all for that scene. Seeing how during Robb and Talisa's wedding last season there was no exchange of cloaks thus there was no need for it at this wedding either.

Instead, it seems like they stuck it in as how D&D were butthurt Tyrion fanboys who were angry that Sansa didn't kneel for their favorite character thus they decided to rewrite the scene so that he got his proper respect in their adaption of the show. All while, not caring that they were deleting one of her key moments of strength within the series in how they obviously don't care for her as a separate character.

Moreover, the whole issue of Joffrey stealing Tyrion's stepping stool seemed like an tacked on moment to refocus the audience's sympathies back onto Tyrion rather then risk having them solely focus on Sansa's plight.

:agree:

Why is it such a big deal if Sansa kneels? I really don't get it. And Joffrey stealing the stool was so hilariously dickish that I didn't really mind it too much. Kneeling signifies Sansa's dutiful nature, and to be perfectly honest, given the largely sympathetic portrayal of Tyrion, if Sansa refused to kneel, it would have probably made people turn against her.

But I do agree with you that they could have done a better job of illustrating Sansa's tragedy in the scene. It was more focused on Tyrion, and while I do think there is room for sympathy for Tyrion in their wedding chapter, most of our sympathy is directed at Sansa. Which is why I think it was a mistake on their part to have Sansa know of the wedding beforehand.

Daario was HIDEOUS....what a fracking joke!

THIS is supposed to be who Dany will screw after Khal DROGO? What are they smoking over there at HBO?

The whole Gendry almost has sex with Melisandre was beyond retarded but at this point retarded is just Step 1 for this show and the writers....

The Hound was way too nice. The whole Sansa/Tyrion wedding was stupid.

Why is it such a big deal if Sansa kneels? I really don't get it. And Joffrey stealing the stool was so hilariously dickish that I didn't really mind it too much. Kneeling signifies Sansa's dutiful nature, and to be perfectly honest, given the largely sympathetic portrayal of Tyrion, if Sansa refused to kneel, it would have probably made people turn against her.

I know that, but that just then makes me angry in how they have portrayed Tyrion on the show. Simply, he is much to white for my tastes which takes away too much of his interesting character in the books. Furthermore, in the show it comes off way too much that D&D are trying to force Tyrion into being the audience's favorite character and called me a hipster but that kind of treatment of a character just bugs me.

Daario was HIDEOUS....what a fracking joke!

THIS is supposed to be who Dany will screw after Khal DROGO? What are they smoking over there at HBO?

Yet, he is still a hundred times better then what his book description makes him out to be.

Archived