[Spoilers] Strong Belwas

I know everyone was probably really upset to see that Strong Belwas would not be protecting his Little Queen this season, but I think there is still a chance he will be in the show.

This is a bit divergent from the books, but so is Belwas not being here already. I hope that Belwas is in Yunkai, in a Fighting Pit or perhaps a pit fighter turned Wise Master bodyguard. If this were the case he would be a last second addition that we would see more of in Season 4. And it would also allow him to dominate Mereen's champion, which is one of the best scenes in aDwD, imo.

I know that there probably are not Fighting Pits in Yunkai and that their slaves are bed warmers but here is hoping!

What do y'all think? Any other suggestions on how to get him in there? It's always possible he shows up after Mereen is sacked and is one of the pit fighters released by Jorah and Barriston, but we would miss some funny lines .

I would like to see him, but since there is nothing he does that they can't have Barristan do they might not want to cast and pay an actor to play his role.

Actually I'm wrong, we do need someone else to eat the poisoned locusts because Barristan was a big part of arresting Dany's husband so maybe they will cast him, or make someone else eat the locusts.

I would like to see him, but since there is nothing he does that they can't have Barristan do they might not want to cast and pay an actor to play his role.

Actually I'm wrong, we do need someone else to eat the poisoned locusts because Barristan was a big part of arresting Dany's husband so maybe they will cast him, or make someone else eat the locusts.

Barristan can't eat the poisoned honeyed locusts in Mereen.

Barristan can't eat the poisoned honeyed locusts in Mereen.

Yeah that's what I meant, at first I was thinking Barristan would just eat the locusts but then I realized there would be no one to arrest Dany's husband unless they make the shapevate fill in both his and Barristans roles. But now I'm just confusing myself :P

Belwas can't appear ramdomly in the story, it would be really confusing, he needed to appear with Arstan/Barristan

Really? A fat man with scars across his belly can't appear without Barristan first? Jojen and Meera appeared on the show way after they were introduced in the books and they have a far far greater role than Belwas. I could care less if his character wasn't included untill they reach the season with DWD.

If he eventually shows up, it'll be a tiny role. Viewers won't even remember who he is, but if the big guy shows up it'll be a pure book nod

If done correctly, Belwas could be one of the shows best among the supporting cast. Here's to hoping we get to see Belwas on the screen. He's one of my favorite characters in the books and adds some much-needed comic relief.

If done correctly, Belwas could be one of the shows best among the supporting cast. Here's to hoping we get to see Belwas on the screen. He's one of my favorite characters in the books and adds some much-needed comic relief.

I highly doubt it will happen though, they have way too many characters... If he shows up amongst the many pit fighters, I'll be happy

It looks like they might be rushing the sewer scene into this season if the promo (and my understanding of it) can be trusted. Darrio looks like he is going to show Jorah and Barristan somewhere - I am presuming into the sewers to take the city. If they do this, than Strong Belwas is coming in next episode or the finale.

And the real Tormund is starting to show. We just need to hear some of his tall talking, how he sired those bears!

Archived