[book spoilers] so we won't see BLANK until s4

Logodnica

Already suggested in another thread that they won't show Sam and CH meeting on-screen, but we will hear about it in the Nightfort, which certainly will be in E10 this season. Coldhands on-screen-debut would be E1 or E2 of next season while meeting up with Bran north of the wall.

Totally possible.

And will keep the fact he's "dead" as a late season reveal, sixth sense style.

Exactly, the producers know how much the fans loved Jaqen and Syrio, so I doubt they would miss this opportunity. I really hope we get to see him this season saving Sam and Gilly. Sometimes I feel the show spends too much time in King's Landing when so much shit is about to go down beyond the wall.

same.

is it just me or have they significantly downplayed a lot of the magic and spirituality/religion in this adaption?

like, they make a fuss about the red god, but don't at all make a fuss about warging abilities, except brans and even then they havent shown it very well.

I do hope Coldhands makes it on to the show, whilst not MASSIVELY an important character he was definitely iconic, what with his elk-riding and all. Just hope he doesn't get cut and go the way of Belwas and Rakharo.

I hope Ghost brings Coldhands to Sam and Gilly and that's the reason why the direwolf has been missing these last few episodes.

When the synopsis said, "Sam meets an old man", we all jumped to thinking Coldhands since he's described as having died long ago.

What if the person proof reading the synopsis saw the words "cold man" and thought, gee, that's weird, they must have meant "old man". Stranger things have happened.

With "old man" it implies coldhands. With "cold man" it's more ambiguous. It could be coldhands, or just as easily a WW or an Other.

I think it was just a typo, but I believe in the tooth fairy too.

No, the synopsis said, "an older gentleman," which everyone thought might be CH. That's a much bigger stretch to get to the typo for "cold man."

Gentleman, heh. Yes, he was so very genteel :P.

And I've *been* the tooth fairy (even had to write letters back to my daughter in fancy "fairy writing"), and I'm real, so what are you implying :D?

is it just me or have they significantly downplayed a lot of the magic and spirituality/religion in this adaption?

like, they make a fuss about the red god, but don't at all make a fuss about warging abilities, except brans and even then they havent shown it very well.

Bran will do 'real warging' (while awake) in the next episode, to save Jon.

This is a freeze-frame from the episode 9 teaser: http://blog.zap2it.c...-of-thrones.jpg

Rewatch the trailer and you'll see it... It is a very quick shot.

I think the show is handling the mystical/magical reveals just right. And they have talked about warging several times this season. Bran has had lots of dreams since the first season. They are just being careful about when using it.

I think the show is handling the mystical/magical reveals just right. And they have talked about warging several times this season. Bran has had lots of dreams since the first season. They are just being careful about when using it.

I think the key is that most characters don't believe in magic until it actually happens to them.

Even what should qualify as magical creatures, such as Bran or Daenerys, rely on dreams before they would rely in their own power.

I'm pretty sure the thousand crows meant Coldhands would be coming.

Remember ser dontos from season 2. But i still think coldhands would be there in the final episode

Enough about Coldhands, what about the RED VIPER!?!

last episode or the first episode next season. Red viper is introducced shortly after tyrion's marriage if i recall correctly.

If Coldhands is cut then that's probably proof that he is not Benjen.

I believe Coldhands used to be Benjen and, I agree, if Coldhands is cut it would a be a definite strike against that belief. Not absolutely definitive, of course, but it would certainly hurt the Benjen is Coldhands theory.

last episode or the first episode next season. Red viper is introducced shortly after tyrion's marriage if i recall correctly.

I'm expecting them to wait until next season to bring in the Red Viper. The Dorne storyline is too large to introduce in the last two episodes - especially since the episode 9 is going to be mostly RW.

The Red Viper is the only one I'm sure we won't see until next season.

I still have hope for Coldhands.

I agree- Sam's "season" does not feel like it's over with the slaying. I think we get one more Sam/Gilly scene, most likely in 310. My guess is we'll catch a glimpse of Coldhands. I like the idea that he might come with Ghost- I feel like we won't see the giant elk for budgetary reasons. (The direwolves come and go but the elk would have to be there all the time)

Man, I really hope we get to see Coldhands, and I also hope he turns out to be Benjen.

Yeah, me too. But will D&D deviate that much from the books, when even after aDWD we still don't know who he is. :lol:

I agree- Sam's "season" does not feel like it's over with the slaying.

The way I see it, Sam's season should not end until he finds Bran.

In the books, Sam is the one who introduces Jon's little brother to Coldhands.

It's his oath what opens the gate (Bran doesn't know the words). And the audience doesn't even know the Wall was spelled yet.

Archived