[Book & Episode 9 Spoilers] Episode 9 Trailer Content

mykelsss

During the preview, there's a shot where Arya's surroundings look exactly like the RW's (as we've seen from other stills, as well as some from this preview). People were wondering how her character development would catch up (she's been getting darker now, but Harrenhal seemed to have little effect on her). This would really drive the point home.

http://postimg.org/image/heckdk4vf/full/

in the books aren't there people running out where the wedding is being held?

Yeah, They burn down the tents outside after collapsing them on the soldiers and systematically kill with arrows or the sword anyone who escapes. IIRC. Arya is amidst the outside killing while trying to get to the towers to save her family. The Hound pulls her back, she fights him off and he knocks her out.

Edit: Grammar

Have to wonder whether they shot her fake death? They really didn't bother with Bran and Rickon - or they did, but didn't get it right - so I'm hoping this time they'll make it more convincing.

....What?

The trailer shows Jorah and Daario devising a plan to sneak into Yunkai via the sewers (by the looks of it), that was Meeren not Yunkai in the books. Dany didn't set foot in Yunkai. Could be the show is going to show Dany try and rule Yunkai while Meereen will be the antagonist.

The trailer shows Jorah and Daario devising a plan to sneak into Yunkai via the sewers (by the looks of it), that was Meeren not Yunkai in the books. Dany didn't set foot in Yunkai. Could be the show is going to show Dany try and rule Yunkai while Meereen will be the antagonist.

I believe Jorah said something like "or you could be leading Grey Worm and I into the slaughter." I took this to mean Jorah (rightfully) didn't really trust Daario and his battle plans. Also, it would be Jorah and Barristan sneaking in the sewers, not Jorah and Grey Worm. Plus there is no way they'd cut Meereen for so many reasons. Just this episode they mentioned it in passing a couple of times. It would also mean completely different circumstances for Dany finding out about Jorah being a spy, and her storyline would be pushed way too far ahead of the others'. She needs to conquer three cities, otherwise what will she do in season 4? Start ruling already? By the time she is ruling, Tyrion is on his way to her. If she started ruling at the start of season 4, Tyrion would still be sitting in King's Landing, unhappy with his marriage. We all know Mysha will end Dany's arc this season, so I see maybe four to five episodes next season on her conquering Meereen, then banishing Jorah, locking her dragons and getting married, with the last point being her season 4 ending.

I know I went a bit off topic there, sorry.

Not to sound snarky, but just because it isnt in the next episode... or even this season... doesnt mean it is cut from the series. If they are playing "the long game" (one more season for ASoS and 2-3 seasons for books 4 and 5) Dany could spend 3 whole seasons taking/messing around in Meereen and maybe 1 or 2 episodes at the end of (season 6???) surrounding her flight and encounter. This season ends with the sac and conquest of Yunkai... Meereen (and even Belwas) will be introduced on march of 2014.

From the trailer it looks like Meereen could be left out of the tv show all together. Interesting. :eek:

Possibly. I did note that one of the three coins that the TItan's Bastard used to decide who should sneak into her camp and kill Dany was "from Meereen". Plus we had a reference earlier in the series to "a Meereenese knot". So the place does exist in the TV version of Essos. Whether we see it or not, probbably have to wait until season 4.

Does anyone know what is happening at 0:29 in the promo? Those guys dancing around the fire? Looks weird

Promo:

I think its the Northmen just having a laugh (or in this case, a brawl) in the camps, while Arya and the Hound move through. I doubt it is the massacre, because it is still day time.

I believe Jorah said something like "or you could be leading Grey Worm and I into the slaughter . . .

Not to sound snarky, but just because it isnt in the next episode... or even this season . . .

The series will probably not last as long you two might imagine (see here). I don't think that means they will necessarily cut out Meereen but I am actually expecting them to speed up Daenerys' story significantly.

At one point it looks like Robb is having a fight in the rain shirtless, I have no clue what that could be, I don't recall that in the book - - maybe it's just a random wrestling match at the wedding w/ drunk stark soldiers.

At one point it looks like Robb is having a fight in the rain shirtless, I have no clue what that could be, I don't recall that in the book - - maybe it's just a random wrestling match at the wedding w/ drunk stark soldiers.

uh-oh i'm having flashbacks to the Tudors here

Robb nooo you've made enough mistakes, don't start channeling Henry VIII now

Since Dany's so popular on the show, and given the fact she was absent in the last half of ASOS, the writers may push Mereen to next season

That part is pretty obvious. As soon as we knew that "Mhysa" was the title of the final episode, it was clear that Mereen would not appear until season 4.

Archived