[Book & Episode 9 Spoilers] Episode 9 Trailer Content

mykelsss

Does anyone know what is happening at 0:29 in the promo? Those guys dancing around the fire? Looks weird

It shows a Tully banner in the background.. It has to be at the Twins. The books said that they got the soldiers in the tents so drunk they couldn't fight.. maybe its them just being drunk

Hmm the Dany and Daario hand swooning over a map...Didn't they try the same trope with Robb and Talisa? Yawn. The way sometimes they write romance in the series is pretty cliched. :/

Two weeks of waiting is just horrible. It messes up with my personal schedule too. :P

At one point it looks like Robb is having a fight in the rain shirtless, I have no clue what that could be, I don't recall that in the book - - maybe it's just a random wrestling match at the wedding w/ drunk stark soldiers.

uh-oh i'm having flashbacks to the Tudors here

Robb nooo you've made enough mistakes, don't start channeling Henry VIII now

I think it's Jon with the wildlings.

Yes, both. In the synopsis it says "Bran discovers a new gift", so it's probably him learning how to warg humans.

He hasn't learned to properly warg wolves yet, he can't consciously control them and can only warg them in his sleep. The conscious aspect of it will be his new gift imo.

He wargs both I think.

Summer while helping Jon and Hodor to shut him up.

I think it more likely, that he'll warg Hodor in season 4 when he's beyond the Wall. That will create a nice progression of development. Season 2 - wolf dreams, Season 3 - conscious warging, Season 4 - warging other animals, warging humans.

I get the feeling KL won't be in next episode. There's nothing from KL in the preview nor in the recap. It might be the first episode in the entire show we KL and Tyrion are not seen. So it looks like the episode will include only:

-The Red Wedding, obviously, with some scenes of Robb planning his campaign to give false hope

-Arya and the Hound arriving at the Twins, with some tension building between them in the scenes before the RW

-Dany planning and taking Yunkai, with a battle scene where we see Jorah, Grey Worm and Daario fighting (Barristan will be left behind with Dany, apparently, hopefully telling her stuff about Rhaegar like in the book)

-Jon and the wildlings near Queenscrown, with a fight scene, apparently

-Bran & his gang in Queenscrown, with Bran warging Hodor

-Sam and Gilly meet Coldhands. They are not shown in the preview, but they appear in the recap, so they will probably be in the episode.

I didn't think Bran warged Hodor until Book 5? Could be wrong.

Also, really excited to learn that Coldhands is in the preview...I was afraid they were going to leave him out of the TV series altogether, in which case I would be :tantrum:

My speculation - Jon kills Orell in this episode, and Orell(as eagle) attacks him.

Further speculation: which would open the way for the last scene of the ep which will be the dying Robb warging Grey Wind and Grey Wind being slaughtered...

The series will probably not last as long you two might imagine (see here). I don't think that means they will necessarily cut out Meereen but I am actually expecting them to speed up Daenerys' story significantly.

That says a minimum of seven seasons. I think that producer proved his idiotness when he said that only SoS will be this season and next season. Has the guy read the books at all? Does he not see FFCs material and DwDs material next season?

Bran's DwD material will be next season and Yara/Iron Island stuff will be from FFCs as well, plus some storylines might go past where they end in Storm of Swords.

I don't think the Siege of Meereen could constitute Dany's entire Season 4 story arc unless it ends were ASoS ends with Dany sitting in the Great Pyramid, looking down upon the conquered cityscape and proclaiming that before she can rule Westeros, she must first learn to be a Queen.

As much as some fans love to lament the Meereen storyline, I think it is vital for Dany's overall character arc because how the HELL is Dany supposed to rule the Seven Kingdoms if she cannot first learn to rule a relatively small city-state?

Which is why Dany's storyline should go into DwD material. The Mereen storyline doesn't need to be slowed down. Part of next season should be her starting to learn to rule dealing while trying to juggle her love hexagon.

The disaster that becomes Astapor teaches her that she is still a naive girl and that being a good conqueror doesn't mean being a good ruler. She had to have this administrative training, experiencing the daily, often mundane aspects of governance to be a good Queen. Robert failed at this. Cersei failed at this. Dany means to succeed where they could not.

Aegon failed at this, he let his sister wives rule. He was an excellent conqueror though. I don't know if there is any good soldier for the Targaryens that was a good ruler? Bloodraven maybe? He stopped the Blackfyre rebellion and did a decent job as Hand of the King.

Which means that Renly's question of "do you still believe that good soldiers make good kings?" rings very true. Very few King's in this fake history did.

My speculation - Jon kills Orell in this episode, and Orell(as eagle) attacks him.

Which will answer the question that Jon asked him earlier in the series about "what happens to your eagle when I kill you?"

Bran will be warging Summer no?

Yes.

Yes, both. In the synopsis it says "Bran discovers a new gift", so it's probably him learning how to warg humans.

-Bran & his gang in Queenscrown, with Bran warging Hodor

I didn't think Bran warged Hodor until Book 5? Could be wrong.

You're wrong but it doesn't matter because we're talking about the show and not the books. In the books Bran meets Jojen in Clash of Kings, the second book which was covered in season two of Game of Thrones. In the show Bran didn't meet Jojen till season 3 as a result Bran's skill as a warg is a bit less at this point than it is in the books.

Bran hasn't warged into Summer except in his dreams, so it's not only skipping a step in his warg learning process, it would be weird for him to warg into Hodor, since he needs to warg into Summer to save Jon, warging into Hodor doesn't help Jon escape 20 wildlings.

I have a question, who is it the wildlings are battling in the preview, they aren't at CastleBlack, but Tormund says something that implies they are about to go into open battle with Nightswatchmen, so im really hoping they are not going to try merge the QueensCrown scene with the CastleBlack battle but have it on an open field :wacko: . in other trailers we see the old man Jon is told to kill and it looks like Jon is pretty close to doing it..

hmm I don't know... all I can gather is there is a battle with possible NWmen, Jon leaves but not before (most likely) killing Orel, getting scratched in the face, and being confronted with Ygritte who will hopefully shoot him in the leg (sorry Jonny)

Possibly. I did note that one of the three coins that the TItan's Bastard used to decide who should sneak into her camp and kill Dany was "from Meereen". Plus we had a reference earlier in the series to "a Meereenese knot". So the place does exist in the TV version of Essos. Whether we see it or not, probbably have to wait until season 4.

Agree it's been mentioned too much not to play a role, and will probably be her mid season-ep 4 or so conquest after they Try to assassinate her again, murder slave children and perhaps try to kill her dragons too.

Then the audience will be lathered for her to storm the city.

I have a question, who is it the wildlings are battling in the preview, they aren't at CastleBlack, but Tormund says something that implies they are about to go into open battle with Nightswatchmen, so im really hoping they are not going to try merge the QueensCrown scene with the CastleBlack battle but have it on an open field :wacko: . in other trailers we see the old man Jon is told to kill and it looks like Jon is pretty close to doing it..

hmm I don't know... all I can gather is there is a battle with possible NWmen, Jon leaves but not before (most likely) killing Orel, getting scratched in the face, and being confronted with Ygritte who will hopefully shoot him in the leg (sorry Jonny)

No, I believe they are referring to the old man that John Snow must kill. They probably made him to be a man of the NW, maybe in order to magnify the inner conflict of John that, in part, leads him to abandon the group and head towards Castle Black. Also, having Tormund ordering the death of an ordinary defenseless old man may be too cruel and give a bad image of a character that ultimately should be likeable. In the books, I think the reason that justified the killing attempt was that the old man could give away their presence. In the show, they may be providing the extra motivation that he his an enemy in the ongoing war between the wildlings and the NW.

No, I believe they are referring to the old man that John Snow must kill. They probably made him to be a man of the NW, maybe in order to magnify the inner conflict of John that, in part, leads him to abandon the group and head towards Castle Black. Also, having Tormund ordering the death of an ordinary defenseless old man may be too cruel and give a bad image of a character that ultimately should be likeable. In the books, I think the reason that justified the killing attempt was that the old man could give away their presence. In the show, they may be providing the extra motivation that he his an enemy in the ongoing war between the wildlings and the NW.

yes, that makes sense that they would do that kind of change with the old man. but there are distinct scenes were we can see the wildlings fighting with some unknown group, we don't see the group but we see the wildlings running into battle and Ygritte shooting an arrow with Jon fighting with longclaw beside her

yes, that makes sense that they would do that kind of change with the old man. but there are distinct scenes were we can see the wildlings fighting with some unknown group, we don't see the group but we see the wildlings running into battle and Ygritte shooting an arrow with Jon fighting with longclaw beside her

I watched closely and to me it seems that Ygritte is ready to shoot an arrow, when John tucks her arm. Then, we see the group running (apparently, without John), and later John protecting himself from something coming from the sky. Someone already pointed out that the last scene is possibly John being attacked by an eagle. So, it seems that John prevents Ygritte from killing someone, then he runs, the others go after him, and Orell wargs into an eagle and attacks him.

I watched closely and to me it seems that Ygritte is ready to shoot an arrow, when John tucks her arm. Then, we see the group running (apparently, without John), and later John protecting himself from something coming from the sky. Someone already pointed out that the last scene is possibly John being attacked by an eagle. So, it seems that John prevents Ygritte from killing someone, then he runs, the others go after him, and Orell wargs into an eagle and attacks him.

well each to their own I guess (we wont find out until it airs) im not trying to argue that you are wrong but to me that certainly not what I personally was seeing, when I watched it, it looked like she draws the arrow and either looses or (given it cuts to another scene almost the exact moment she moves) she gets hit by something. but either way, it beckons the question who is this person she is trying to kill, I don't think all the wildlings are going mad trying to kill one little old man(haha poor little old man if so) :S there is a battle I think. I know there are other trailer that give off the same battle impression, I cant be bothered looking for all of them right now but I know one is in the second trailer for season 3 to be released, I will see if I can link it so you don't need to go hunting around the web for it if you want to see.

EDIT: I do agree about Orel and the wildlings chasing Jon, but I think more happens before that happens.

ok its about 1:02 in

very similar scene, but not raining, wildlings running and Ygritte drawing her bow. this tell me there is a battle, not just the killing of one old man

well each to their own I guess (we wont find out until it airs) im not trying to argue that you are wrong but to me that certainly not what I personally was seeing, when I watched it, it looked like she draws the arrow and either looses or (given it cuts to another scene almost the exact moment she moves) she gets hit by something. but either way, it beckons the question who is this person she is trying to kill, I don't think all the wildlings are going mad trying to kill one little old man(haha poor little old man if so) :S there is a battle I think. I know there are other trailer that give off the same battle impression, I cant be bothered looking for all of them right now but I know one is in the second trailer for season 3 to be released, I will see if I can link it so you don't need to go hunting around the web for it if you want to see.

EDIT: I do agree about Orel and the wildlings chasing Jon, but I think more happens before that happens.

ok its about 1:02 in

very similar scene, but not raining, wildlings running and Ygritte drawing her bow. this tell me there is a battle, not just the killing of one old man

And I'm not trying to argue with you, either. It is just fun to try to guess what is going to happen.

Now that you show that trailer, what I was saying is not so obvious. That charge of wildlings seems something completely different.

And I'm not trying to argue with you, either. It is just fun to try to guess what is going to happen.

Now that you show that trailer, what I was saying is not so obvious. That charge of wildlings seems something completely different.

I agree, I just wanted to point out since its difficult to convey tone through text. also Im happy to have other peoples opinion on what will happen, your right its fun, and since we have to wait an extra week before finding out what happens I've become transfixed on the possibilities. I kind of want to get all the preview shots from this scene and try to place them together in a sort of time line judging by the rain to see exactly how it will play out, but that would take more time then I have, it would be fun though. just looking forward to the QueensCrown scene so bad it was one of the best moments for me reading the books, knowing they were so close, Bran doing his thing and helping save Jon, such a awesome moment for the Stark children, I hope they don't stray too far from the book with it, but if they do I hope they make it even better

You might be right about him warging into Hodor only in book 5. I remember him fighting off the Others but I could've sworn he warged into Hodor at Queenscrown to shut him up because he kept screaming HODOR HODOR HODOR.

He does briefly warg Hodor in Queenscrown. But I think they'll remove that and have him warg Hodor for the first time in S4 to create a more natural progression of his powers. We'll see next episode I guess.

Archived