[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

espec22

yeah one of my friends asked if Jon dies, I was like "ahhhhh...." and she was like "OH MY GOD!" I then told her the short answer is I don't actually know.. I had Jons stabbing ruined for me when I was simply a few pages away, two of my friends at I were all reading it together, but I actually worked full time so they got far ahead of me, one of them for some reason assumed I knew and mentioned it... I was super heart broken! I would never ruin things for someone if they were reading the books or didn't want me to tell them because I know how much that sucks

My brother thinks that Brienne and Jaime will have the most awkward small talk in the world now, because there's nothing left to talk about after someone stupidly jumps into a bear pit unarmed (and unhanded) to save your life, haha.

I thought my buddy's take on Theon's predicament was amusing: "I hope all this torture has a purpose to the storyline. I mean, I understand that Bolton's son is torturing Theon because he's Rob's guy, and is getting revenge on him for taking Winterfell..."

I mean, I guess I can't blame him, they changed the scene where Ramsay betrayed the Northmen, and don't have the benefit of all the stories of his wickedness.

My brother thinks that Brienne and Jaime will have the most awkward small talk in the world now, because there's nothing left to talk about after someone stupidly jumps into a bear pit unarmed (and unhanded) to save your life, haha.

Har.

My friend said "Why didn't Jamie at least grab a sword with his left hand"....

a beat... and he "O!, I see, they can't let him be killed. If Lord Bolton does not get my head, Lord Tywin will send The Mountain!"

Today my brother said, "I don't see how a wedding can be as horrible as you're saying the Red Wedding was. Unless Cat dies. But come on, we know she won't."

MY SWEET SUMMER CHILD. I WISH HE DIDN'T HAVE TO SEE THIS.

Today my brother said, "I don't see how a wedding can be as horrible as you're saying the Red Wedding was. Unless Cat dies. But come on, we know she won't."

MY SWEET SUMMER CHILD. I WISH HE DIDN'T HAVE TO SEE THIS.

YESS YESSSS HIS TEARS ARE FALLING SO THICKLY THAT I CAN TASTE THEM FROM THE FUTURE

IT IS DELICIOUS

I know I'm late, but my unsullied friend doesn't keep up with the rythm and watches the episodes a week or so later. I talked to him the other day about Sansa and Tyrion, and it seems that it was impossible for him to believe Sansa/Sophie had 14 years old: he just couldn't but it and laughed, so he felt a lot less sympathetic to Sansa than expected. Also, he didn't like the fact that Tyrion got drunk: he said he prefers him to be self-possessed and with his senses sharp. I argued that he is witty all the same, or even more, but that was his opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived