[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

espec22

I just realized this. Why would they do such a vile thing? Frak me :eek:

It's because this sunday is Memorial Day, and last year they had a huge drop in ratings for that episode (even though it was Blackwater). There's also the problem of spoilers- if a lot of people don't see the RW on the first showing, the surprise will be lost, which is a shame considering how much they're trying to hide it.

Every time I see that a non-reader thought Sansa was cruel and that they felt sorry for Tyrion a little part of me dies inside.

I'm a book reader, and while I don't blame Sansa, I do feel bad for Tyrion. He really shouldn't have expected much more than cold courtesy from her but that doesn't make his sense of rejection any less painful. Even Sansa admits to feeling pity for him.

My mom and and my other unsullied friends have not watched it yet.

However my dad says every episode "The girl (Arya) will meet up with the dragon lady (Dany) and also with the ghost (Mel's shadow-demon-baby-thingy) and make 'landfall'".

Every episode he says that. Without fail.

I was glad they reminded us Sansa is 14 in the show ! I hope it will make people understand her position ! A part of everyone of us dies when an Unsuillied talks trash on Sansa !

Nonsense, its not because of the show. Many bookreaders have been hating Sansa over the wedding incidents for years.

This. So much this. While they've made Tyrion more on the "good" side of neutral for the show, as a book reader, I do not understand why other book readers see Tyrion's treatment of Sansa post-wedding - including not taking advantage of his "rights as a husband" (note I put that in quotes) and instead caring a few whits about what Sansa feels and thinks - as anything other than what it is: him actually showing a conscience. Because if he didn't have a conscience he would've consummated the marriage right away... like so many other arranged marriages did back in medieval times. It's one of the things that endeared me to his character.

I don't get the outright ire at Tyrion's "whitewashing." Maybe it's because, while he's pretty damn selfish and ruthless in the novel, he has quite a few more pricks of conscience than a whole lot of other characters (who have less of a comeuppance) do.

About Mel and Gendry: My friend says Mel doesn't show the "lamb" the knife, only her beebs. Also, Gendry thinks he gonna gets some, but the leeches got some instead.

"Joffrey and Draco Malfoy will get along if they meet."

"The WW looks a little bit like Tywin."

I was glad they reminded us Sansa is 14 in the show ! I hope it will make people understand her position ! A part of everyone of us dies when an Unsuillied talks trash on Sansa !

I know she is only 14 in the books but I was hoping they would age her a little and say she was 15 or 16 now. No one knows how much time has passed between seasons, and she was 13 in Season 1, it would be perfectly acceptable to have her 15 or 16 now, she does not look 14 that's for sure. Arya and Bran don't look 10 and 11 either, I would believe 12 and 13.

My hubby's only comments were that he feel terrible for Sansa and that the poor girl can't catch a break and horrible things continuing to happen to her. He was also really upset at Joffrey's comments and really wanted Sansa to rat him out to Tyrion. I had to calm him about this one because he was certain Joffrey was going to rape her.

His other comments were about Sam and that he can't do anything and even when he killed the white walker, he was yelling b/c he left behind the knife.

My hubby also thinks the actress playing Mel is not sexy at all and that she need to stop trying b/c it ain't workin. He just got quiet during Dany's scenes and didn't utter a peep though. <_<

I haven't had a full convo with my Dad yet, but he thinks Arya and the Hound will be friends now. lol

I know she is only 14 in the books but I was hoping they would age her a little and say she was 15 or 16 now. No one knows how much time has passed between seasons, and she was 13 in Season 1, it would be perfectly acceptable to have her 15 or 16 now, she does not look 14 that's for sure. Arya and Bran don't look 10 and 11 either, I would believe 12 and 13.

I just spent Friday at my daughter's field day and was shocked at what 5th graders look like now and they are about 10-11ish. So I think these actors can pass the ages they are claiming. I saw many 5th graders that are as tall and taller than me.

Reading the episode threads at TwoP is gold ! Quite all the posters there are Unsullied !

And I shall watch the episode with my Unsullied friends tonight, so I'll come back here afterwards.

My hubby's only comments were that he feel terrible for Sansa and that the poor girl can't catch a break and horrible things continuing to happen to her. He was also really upset at Joffrey's comments and really wanted Sansa to rat him out to Tyrion. I had to calm him about this one because he was certain Joffrey was going to rape her.

His other comments were about Sam and that he can't do anything and even when he killed the white walker, he was yelling b/c he left behind the knife.

My hubby also thinks the actress playing Mel is not sexy at all and that she need to stop trying b/c it ain't workin. He just got quiet during Dany's scenes and didn't utter a peep though. <_<

I haven't had a full convo with my Dad yet, but he thinks Arya and the Hound will be friends now. lol

I disagree with your husband about Carice, that's for sure... lucky Gendry.

Nonsense, its not because of the show. Many bookreaders have been hating Sansa over the wedding incidents for years.

Hating a girl who has been forced to marry a man who is a family member of those that destroyed her family?

Are you kidding me?

Then the people hating her are fools.

My friend thinks that Dany will be in Westeros by the end of this season and also, my favorite, that Shireen is part dragon.

LOL! My husband was like "whats up with the lizard girl". I had to explain about Greyscale.

Every time I see that a non-reader thought Sansa was cruel and that they felt sorry for Tyrion a little part of me dies inside.

I hear ya. It's not like he's a member of the family that has kidnapped her, paralyzed her brother, killed her father and has had her beaten and nearly raped. But he's the nice Lannister.

Archived