[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

I think they will show Balon dying and show Yara at the funeral or whatever. It could be a really short scene. Bannen's funeral was short, it would only need to be a little bit longer to show her saying she thinks her brother is dead and now her father is too. I think they will do this because it serves many purposes.

It reveals to the less attentive viewers that it's definitely not Balon holding Theon for messing up at Winterfell.

It starts the iron islands succession storyline a bit

It gets people worried that maybe Melisandre's curse was real.

But then they will show a short king's landing scene (remember, some scenes are not always previewed in the "last time" clips, especially if they're short) where Joffrey is alive and well. That will get the viewers fears to go away and say that "okay, it was just a freak accident/assassination."

So they will not know if Robb is safe or not. They also don't know if Melisandre really did curse them all or if it was just a magic trick. Which is totally in line with her character.

I think they will show Balon dying and show Yara at the funeral or whatever. It could be a really short scene. Bannen's funeral was short, it would only need to be a little bit longer to show her saying she thinks her brother is dead and now her father is too. I think they will do this because it serves many purposes.

It reveals to the less attentive viewers that it's definitely not Balon holding Theon for messing up at Winterfell.

It starts the iron islands succession storyline a bit

It gets people worried that maybe Melisandre's curse was real.

But then they will show a short king's landing scene (remember, some scenes are not always previewed in the "last time" clips, especially if they're short) where Joffrey is alive and well. That will get the viewers fears to go away and say that "okay, it was just a freak accident/assassination."

So they will not know if Robb is safe or not. They also don't know if Melisandre really did curse them all or if it was just a magic trick. Which is totally in line with her character.

Pretty sure Asha/Yara will be in episode 10

Not sure if they'll show Balon's death or not (wouldn't take much screen time since all he does is fall off a bridge..)

I get what you mean in terms of tying it together with Mel's leeches and what not but there's far too much in this episode for Pyke to feature .. we've already got another Sam/Gilly scene from the looks of it though I imagine that could be a quick one of them on the run with the flock of ravens following them (and perhaps someone else) but if CH is in this season I'd like to meet him in episode 10

Pretty sure Asha/Yara will be in episode 10

Not sure if they'll show Balon's death or not (wouldn't take much screen time since all he does is fall off a bridge..)

I get what you mean in terms of tying it together with Mel's leeches and what not but there's far too much in this episode for Pyke to feature .. we've already got another Sam/Gilly scene from the looks of it though I imagine that could be a quick one of them on the run with the flock of ravens following them (and perhaps someone else) but if CH is in this season I'd like to meet him in episode 10

Yeah I feel like they'll definitely have the Greyjoy stuff going on in episode 10. As far as Balon goes, I don't think they'll actually show the death. Probably just the aftermath, ergo the scene with Yara.

That's what I was originally thinking about CH too, but I was unaware of the brief scene in the season 3 trailer that shows Sam popping up on Bran and the Reeds. Being aware of that now has changed my opinion on what will happen.

Now I believe that Sam is going to run into CH in episode 9. That way, in episode 10, he can appear to Bran the same way as in the books and lead him to CH.

Dany - Daario shows Jorah a path, skirmish with Yunkish guards

Arya - Hound kills someone and raids their wagon, RW

Robb - Speaks with Cat about future campaign and possibly Sansa/Tyrion wedding, RW

Jon - Queenscrown. Kills Orell and runs from Wildlings, getting shot by Ygritte on way out.

Bran - Night's King story? Wargs Summer to save Jon. Osha and Rickon leave.

Sam - Ravens lead the duo to Coldhands/Nightfort

SEASON FINALE

Iron Islands - Balon funeral with Yara

Dany - Battle of Yunkai (if not in ep 9), Mhysa scene

Arya - RW reaction with Hound

Robb - Quick shot of his new wolf body

Jon - Arrival at Castle Black: "The Wildlings are coming! The Wildlings are coming!"

Bran - Nightfort, opening the Black Gate

Sam - Nightfort

Jaime - Comforts Brienne over RW news at a stop in the road

Theon - Ramsay reveal, RW reaction

Stannis - Davos' "2 is not 3"

King's Landing - Lannister victory gathering, Tywin tells Joff off, Tyrion tells Sansa about her family

Vale - LF arrives: "Oh, Petyr!"

SEASON FINALE

Iron Islands - Balon funeral with Yara

Dany - Battle of Yunkai (if not in ep 9), Mhysa scene

Arya - RW reaction with Hound

Robb - Quick shot of his new wolf body

Jon - Arrival at Castle Black: "The Wildlings are coming! The Wildlings are coming!"

Bran - Nightfort, opening the Black Gate

Sam - Nightfort

Jaime - Comforts Brienne over RW news at a stop in the road

Theon - Ramsay reveal, RW reaction

Stannis - Davos' "2 is not 3"

King's Landing - Lannister victory gathering, Tywin tells Joff off, Tyrion tells Sansa about her family

Vale - LF arrives: "Oh, Petyr!"

That's a pretty crowded episode! I agree that this is the only logical place for the Eyrie scenes to show up. I also wonder if that scene of Grand Maester Pycelle talking to Tywin while the latter is fishing will be in the finale, or whether that scene got cut...

I also wonder if that scene of Grand Maester Pycelle talking to Tywin while the latter is fishing will be in the finale, or whether that scene got cut...

Completely forgot about that scene, if it's not cut then either in ep9 as foreshadowing, or the final as anteshadowing (is that a word?), hopefully it's next episode.

I can see Balon's death being the opening of episode 10...

I was so sure Tywin's arc in episode 10 would be legitimazing Ramsay and seing Joffrey naming Loras to the KG... but completely forgot about the fishing scene... o

I think the battle at the Wall will be delayed until later in S4. There is an audition clip circulated on WiC for S4 which is for Styr (Magnar of Thenn) who I kind of assumed had just been cut since he wasn't introduced this season going over the Wall with Jon. By the dialogue in the audition tape, he's talking to Tormund and Ygritte and it's addressing the fact that they got screwed over by Jon and that Orell had been killed. Then they talk about regrouping and attacking Castle Black. So I'm guessing that they'll start S4 with the Wildlings meeting up with another group of reinforcements and working on an attack for later. When D&D talked about the Battle at the Wall in S4, they said it would be near the end of the season and more expensive and on a bigger scale than Blackwater. I think the whole conflict between the Wildlings and the NW at the Wall (including the attack from the Wildlings from the South where Ygritte dies as well as the ongoing siege from Mance's forces afterwards) will be spread out over a number of episodes until Stannis' arrival near the climax of the season.

As for Bran, I imagine that he won't get a ton of screen time in S4 and they'll probably dig into his ADwD material and put him on the road to the Three Eyed Raven. I could certainly see them doing the same thing they did with Jaime in S2 and have him appear in only like 2-3 episodes.

Yes, I hope the same as this season. One episode where he meets with Coldhands. One episode to explain who coldhands is. An episode where he's attack by wights or something. Then the season can end with Bran meeting with the 3-eyed raven. Or even extremer. Let that wait for season 5 and let season 4 be about being a warg and the dreams. About the battle, that's nice. But I mean in the books Sam just arived at the Wall just after Stannis saved the day. That means that they need to think about something for Sam before ariving at the wall. Or he is present at the battle.

So we're seeing all the Starks except Sansa, plus Sam and Dany. I picture a break-down something like this: First a check-in with the three "Big Ones" that could be expected to possibly come to a climax in this episode - Robb&Cat, Dany, Jon. Then a Bran segment, then more Robb and Cat. Segments with Arya and Sam. Queenscrown with Jon and Bran almost meeting. More Dany. Then RW.

lol @ the comments made by book readers on Youtube about Robb's battle at Casterly Rock happening in episode 10 or in season 4.

I think us book readers should start a movement going around on youtube and making up bizarre shit and claiming it's what actually happened. Fight trolling with trolling, I say.

Archived