[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

Personally I thought Bran's ADWD chapters where his most interesting in the entire series. He really isn't doing all that much throughout the first 3 books, with occasional peaks in interest like Queenscrown and Theon taking Winterfell. Meeting the 3EC himself and fighting through an army of wights to get there was pretty damn exciting if you ask me.

Definitely agree. Plus there's only like 3 of them and we finally get to see what's up with this 3EC after essentially 5 books of waiting. Plus the whole vibe of his chapters had be thinking "Is Bran going to a totally evil place (anti-human) or a good place (pro-human)."

Am I the only one who is a little bit disappointed that they had so much fillers in the last couple of episodes that we get one overpacked episode now??

Plus, it think the attack of Ygritte's team on Castle Black and her death should have been in 9 or 10, there is still enough stuff for season 4 for Jon (Mance's attack, Stannis arrival, LC, Slynt + Thorn).

And Dany in there... I mean, if you cut from one location in the North to another location back and forth, I'm fine with that, but everytime you cut to another continent and basicly to another world, the cut should be more... reasoned.

I doubt that'll happen especially next season since KL is going to be playing a huge part.

Jaime will be back, Brienne will be there for a little while, Cersei's still there, Tyrion still has some time there, and of course Sansa will be there for a little while longer as well.

Well timeline-wise Jamie has to arrive in KL at least in episode 1 of season 4. That causes a problem. Jamie hears of Joffrey's death at the gates of KL, and has no chance to speak to Tyrion until the famous prison-dialogue.

Since the PW will be arround episode 3-5 or something, they have to stretch Jamie's travelouge a bit. Not looking forward to that

Personally I thought Bran's ADWD chapters where his most interesting in the entire series. He really isn't doing all that much throughout the first 3 books, with occasional peaks in interest like Queenscrown and Theon taking Winterfell. Meeting the 3EC himself and fighting through an army of wights to get there was pretty damn exciting if you ask me.

Agree, how anyone thought those 4 chapters were boring is puzzling to me. It revealed alot of the mystery and lore behind Ancient Westeros and Bran eating Jojen paste and his battle in the snow with wights and Coldhands is the highlight of the book for me.

Yeah, while I thought his journey from Winterfell was dull in the books(and on the show), his meeting BR is fascinating. For the first time in a while(maybe ever?), Bran will have some of the best story material on the show.

Well timeline-wise Jamie has to arrive in KL at least in episode 1 of season 4. That causes a problem. Jamie hears of Joffrey's death at the gates of KL, and has no chance to speak to Tyrion until the famous prison-dialogue.

Since the PW will be arround episode 3-5 or something, they have to stretch Jamie's travelouge a bit. Not looking forward to that

Noone knows when the PW will be. It could be Episode 1 of season 4 for all we know. There's enough reason for it to be so, starts the season with a bang, it deals with an event that everyone knows is gonna happen, and the arrival of Mace and Red Viper, could arouse people's suspicions.

On the other hand, i'd like it to be delayed, but seeing as they need to get Jaime to KL, i can see it being a very early mark to the new series, seeing as Dany's season will be a little slow, the Battle on the Wall will be the main event of the latter half, and there will be new characters to fit in around the middle (Greyjoys etc)

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The fact that George R R Martin's written episode 2 already makes me want to believe that it will be significant.

I believe the PW is in Episode 2 since GRRM is writing that one. There's also no reason as to why Jaime shouldn't be there, it's not going to alter the entire plot.

Well... Sansa is still there as of the PW... so it messes a little bit the storyline of Brienne if her and Jaime come back before the events...

Exactly. People will be like "dude what the hell Jaime, why didn't you help Sansa like you said you would? You waited too long and now she's with fucking littlefinger!"

He has to get back after she's gone so that we see he's sincere about wanting to get her back to her family. If he gets back and doesn't immediately try to free her, some people may doubt that he's really changed.

I'm not advocating any future decision to cut him, but I have to say the whole Bloodraven + Bran turn into a tree thing is probably the least interesting element of the whole ASOIAF story. Bran's arc has been incredibly underwhelming for me in the last couple of books.

That's really weird. For me, Bran’s chapters in Dance were the best chapters of the whole book, and maybe the best of his chapters in any book.

And frankly, I really wish people would stop saying that Bran is somehow turning into a tree. That’s nonsense. Greenseers walk the earth for years before they at least take their final sitting place in the weirwood throne. Brynden became Hand of the King and Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch for many years before sitting down for the last time.

Bran is not just a child to sacrifice to the old gods before he hits puberty. He has to live as a man first.

That's really weird. For me, Bran’s chapters in Dance were the best chapters of the whole book, and maybe the best of his chapters in any book.

And frankly, I really wish people would stop saying that Bran is somehow turning into a tree. That’s nonsense. Greenseers walk the earth for years before they at least take their final sitting place in the weirwood throne. Brynden became Hand of the King and Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch for many years before sitting down for the last time.

Bran is not just a child to sacrifice to the old gods before he hits puberty. He has to live as a man first.

Well the series has most likely 2 more books so it's unlikely we're going to see Bran roaming around Westeros at age 30. His arc probably ends north of the wall since there isn't really that much time for him to go anywhere that important and still do something significant like warging a dragon or even leading the assault of WWs if you subscribe to those theories.

In the most accurate timeline for asoiaf that I've seen, the PW takes place 8 days after the RW. Which is why I always felt it made sense to the the PW in ep 10 if you're going to put the RW in ep 9.

But if they aren't doing that, then the PW should be at the latest EP2 next year, there simply isn't enough things that happen between the 2 events to fill more than 2 episodes (and that is stretching it). They pushed back the Oberyn intro so it will happen during this gap. That's about it. The only thing left to happen in KL at this point other than that is Sansa getting the purple hairnet, that's it. All the other plot points cannot happen until the PW takes place (Jaime returning, etc), As it is they will have to focus the plot attention outside of KL.

Archived