[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

The other issue is that apparently there is a scene in the vale with Littlefinger, so enought time has to elapse for him to come back (one reason PW can't be eps. 10 by the way). I wonder if his first scene in season 4 will be killing whoever is rescuing Sansa (probably Dontos).

The other issue is that apparently there is a scene in the vale with Littlefinger, so enought time has to elapse for him to come back (one reason PW can't be eps. 10 by the way). I wonder if his first scene in season 4 will be killing whoever is rescuing Sansa (probably Dontos).

Uh are you forgetting LF's movements in season 2? He clearly goes where he wants to go lol

Well timeline-wise Jamie has to arrive in KL at least in episode 1 of season 4. That causes a problem. Jamie hears of Joffrey's death at the gates of KL, and has no chance to speak to Tyrion until the famous prison-dialogue.

Since the PW will be arround episode 3-5 or something, they have to stretch Jamie's travelouge a bit. Not looking forward to that

Especially since according to last season Harrenhal is only two days from King's Landing. I hate the inconsistency of Melisandre going from Dragonstone to the Riverlands to King's Landing back to Dragonstone in 2 or 3 eps yet it will take Jaime 5 or 6 eps to get from Harrenhal to King's Landing when it took Tywin 2 days.

Well timeline-wise Jamie has to arrive in KL at least in episode 1 of season 4. That causes a problem. Jamie hears of Joffrey's death at the gates of KL, and has no chance to speak to Tyrion until the famous prison-dialogue.

Since the PW will be arround episode 3-5 or something, they have to stretch Jamie's travelouge a bit. Not looking forward to that

dosent the purple wedding happen almost immediately after the red wedding?

i think it will happen in first episode

Especially since according to last season Harrenhal is only two days from King's Landing. I hate the inconsistency of Melisandre going from Dragonstone to the Riverlands to King's Landing back to Dragonstone in 2 or 3 eps yet it will take Jaime 5 or 6 eps to get from Harrenhal to King's Landing when it took Tywin 2 days.

Does it really bother people that much with regards to transportation? Of all things to get bogged down in, I like to use my suspension of disbelief and roll with it.

If it makes it easier for you, boats travel faster than people walking. People on horses can go faster than people walking and smaller groups will travel faster than larger groups. How much faster is up for debate and since you don't really know, there's no good way for you to calculate so you should just allow that the length of time mostly fits (give a LF teleport or two). If you use these logistics, I think the vast majority of the movement on the show can be explained. And if you don't want to think about it too much and concentrate on more important things, that helps too.

dosent the purple wedding happen almost immediately after the red wedding?

i think it will happen in first episode

Like a week or two according to this one timeline floating around here. Like December 20-something'th was given as the Red Wedding date and the Purple Wedding was a big deal because it was the new century

Knowing that the recap shows all of the Sam the Slayer scene and then closes with the ravens coming towards the screen, I would bet a million internet dollars on Coldhands being intro'd in E9.

I don't know about that, they could just be setting that up for 401 instead of 309...

I don't know about that, they could just be setting that up for 401 instead of 309...

Once again, in the "Previously on" recaps, they are only showing you storylines and plot points that are important for the episode you are about to watch. If they show Sam and Gilly, that means you're going to see them in this very episode. There are no exceptions...

Once again, in the "Previously on" recaps, they are only showing you storylines and plot points that are important for the episode you are about to watch. If they show Sam and Gilly, that means you're going to see them in this very episode. There are no exceptions...

I don't disagree, but it doesn't show Coldhands so a Sam+Gilly scene doesn't necessarily add up to the CH intro.

I don't disagree, but it doesn't show Coldhands so a Sam+Gilly scene doesn't necessarily add up to the CH intro.

Sure, but we know that Sam comes up the well and meets Bran and the Reeds in the finale (there's a shot of it in the S3 trailers). So unless they're just cutting out Coldhands and having Sam run into Bran for no good reason, it's a pretty strong assumption. If not, I have no idea what else having Sam appear in E9 would be about.

Sure, but we know that Sam comes up the well and meets Bran and the Reeds in the finale (there's a shot of it in the S3 trailers). So unless they're just cutting out Coldhands and having Sam run into Bran for no good reason, it's a pretty strong assumption. If not, I have no idea what else having Sam appear in E9 would be about.

I don't think they will cut Coldhands out all together.

It is possible however that the Sam/Coldhands meet is off screen. Sam shows up in 310 (as seen in the trailers), in order to show him his 'path' under the wall where he can tell him that someone is waiting on the other side - ergo the run in isn't for 'no good reason'. Fade to black, and Bran's first scene in 401 has him coming up the other end to meet Coldhands.

It is of course quite possible that we have the Coldhands intro in 309, I'm just not as sure as you are in order to bet 1 million bucks on it. This is all speculation, and I think people weigh in too heavily on trailers and summaries. It's fun to come up with theories of what's to come, but I doubt there's some specific formula to figuring out an episode breakdown two weeks before it airs.

I don't think they will cut Coldhands out all together.

It is possible however that the Sam/Coldhands meet is off screen. Sam shows up in 310 (as seen in the trailers), in order to show him his 'path' under the wall where he can tell him that someone is waiting on the other side - ergo the run in isn't for 'no good reason'. Fade to black, and Bran's first scene in 401 has him coming up the other end to meet Coldhands.

It is of course quite possible that we have the Coldhands intro in 309, I'm just not as sure as you are in order to bet 1 million bucks on it. This is all speculation, and I think people weigh in too heavily on trailers and summaries. It's fun to come up with theories of what's to come, but I doubt there's some specific formula to figuring out an episode breakdown two weeks before it airs.

I have a hard time coming up with a reason why they'd go back to Sam and Gilly in E9 if we know that Sam's going to be in the finale if they weren't going to be meeting up with Coldhands. You've also got the unresolved plot point of Rast screaming after Sam as he runs from Craster's that he's coming for him. You don't include that scene unless we end up seeing Rast confronting Sam sometime soon (probably in wight form). We know that the book intro of Coldhands comes when a bunch of wights corner Sam and Gilly and Coldhands shows up with a flock of ravens and saves them.

We've seen the flock of ravens show up, along with the Weirwood tree where presumably the Three Eyed Crow sees stuff and calls on his vessel Coldhands. The ravens were there to watch Sam take on the WW (they weren't necessary for that scene, they don't connect to the WW's) and the final shot of the previous episode is the flock of them rushing the screen after Sam runs away. This is the shot they use on the "Previously on" recap right before we start watching E9. How else can we interpret all of this other then a neon flashing sign saying "Coldhands is about to show up"....?

So I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but Game of Thrones season 3 is available for HD purchase on the iTunes store in Australia. The episodes become available just 2 days after they air, I've already transferred my account to the Australian iTunes store to catch 'Rains of Castamere' in HD when it comes out (my country doesn't get HBO). I know it's off topic, I just thought it was interesting.

I'm also ready to bet Coldhands will appear in the intro of episode 9:

- The recap shows Sam and Gilly... AND the crows.

- It's a tendency in GoT to open an episode with the continuity of the last scene of the last episode when this one was a twist (Jaime's hand).

- We know Sam and Gilly meet Bran and co in the finale, so we have to get an explanation as to how Sam ended up at the blackdoor.

- Bran's final scene would be awesome if it was the encounter with Coldhands.

- It is such an epic and WTF scene... moreover if they add the wights attack (Rast ! Karl ?)

- It will be one scene in the intro of the episode then no more for the episode of Sam (ala Arya in episode 8), and I'm sure episode 9 will have basically the same structure as episode 8 (one intro scene then only 3 storylines to go back and forth during the episode).

It definitely looks like its aligned for Coldhands to finally appear in ep9. It is a big moment and fits with their episode 9 narratives. The shot of Bran's group without Rickon/Osha running into a man with a black cloak convinced me it has to happen.

Archived