[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

Oh, Lord... this is supposed to be the most important episode of the entire series, period. People who only watch the TV show aren't even expecting it but this event is the same one Benioff and Weiss have been talking about all along. I hope to God they get it right. I shouldn't have any reason to doubt them since they are the reason I started reading the books in the first place but it's such a fragile matter. It better be horrific when it happens. I want to see the Greatjon's head hacked off. I want to see Robb's face twist in agony when Roose digs his sword through his chest. I want to see Catelyn laugh hysterically as she cuts Jinglebell's throat and runs her finger nails down her bloody face. I NEED to hear the line "No, don't cut my hair! Ned loves my hair!" before the end.

It better be horrific when it happens. I want to see the Greatjon's head hacked off. I want to see Robb's face twist in agony when Roose digs his sword through his chest. I want to see Catelyn laugh hysterically as she cuts Jinglebell's throat and runs her finger nails down her bloody face. I NEED to hear the line "No, don't cut my hair! Ned loves my hair!" before the end.

Yes, yes!

I will be really really disappointed if they don't nail Robb & Cat's deaths. I mean, it doesnt have to be exactly like the books, but the closer the better. I would really like to see Cat go mad at the end too.

Michelle Fairley is really up to a acting challenge here, i mean, laughing hysterically and being extremely desperate and horrified at the same time? and then pulling off the entire mad thing, wow, I cant wait to see it. I really really hope they nail it.

The hottest place in hell is reserved for those who spoil the Red fucking Wedding.

Also, anticipating the spate of bookreaders tonight who didn't get the memo about the extra week's wait..

Speaking of hell.

A few episodes ago Arya yelled "Burn in hell" to Sandor... isn't that kind of anti-immersive? Or have I just missed that there is a concept of hell within the Westerosi religions?

If it's not in the books, i think it's a huge miss.. I mean, come on, Christianity in game of thrones? really?

Speaking of hell.

A few episodes ago Arya yelled "Burn in hell" to Sandor... isn't that kind of anti-immersive? Or have I just missed that there is a concept of hell within the Westerosi religions?

If it's not in the books, i think it's a huge miss.. I mean, come on, Christianity in game of thrones? really?

There are seven hells. and I'm pretty sure in the books Arya yells for the Hound to 'go to hell'. So yeah, there's a hell in Westeros.

I want to see the Greatjon's head hacked off. I want to see Robb's face twist in agony when Roose digs his sword through his

Considering that this never happens in the book and the actor isn't coming back I don't think we'll be getting that scene in the show..

The coming episode will define Season 3. Every scene will be looked back at in the context of this great event: from Tywin's overt confidence and secret letters, to Jaime and Roose Bolton's conversations ('regards') and Jaime's safe return, to Karstark's execution, to the distraction of Talisa, to Bolton's bastard, to the leniency of the Freys and to Melisandres leeches.

It all comes down to this episode. They better not fuck it up!

Oh, Lord... this is supposed to be the most important episode of the entire series, period. People who only watch the TV show aren't even expecting it but this event is the same one Benioff and Weiss have been talking about all along. I hope to God they get it right. I shouldn't have any reason to doubt them since they are the reason I started reading the books in the first place but it's such a fragile matter. It better be horrific when it happens. I want to see the Greatjon's head hacked off. I want to see Robb's face twist in agony when Roose digs his sword through his chest. I want to see Catelyn laugh hysterically as she cuts Jinglebell's throat and runs her finger nails down her bloody face. I NEED to hear the line "No, don't cut my hair! Ned loves my hair!" before the end.

She doesn't actually say Ned loves my hair, she thinks it. Saying it out loud would seem really weird, as great a line as it is.

Considering that this never happens in the book and the actor isn't coming back I don't think we'll be getting that scene in the show..

It happens to Smalljon Umber who never existed within the show. The obvious alternative would be to replace him with his father, the Greatjon. In the books, he's held as a hostage and rarely mentioned afterwards. I wasn't aware his actor wasn't coming back. That's disappointing since there really are no other Northmen we've come to know. A fraction of the horror that is the Red Wedding is picturing all these minor characters you've read about being slaughtered like animals in one place at the same time.

She doesn't actually say Ned loves my hair, she thinks it. Saying it out loud would seem really weird, as great a line as it is.

I know lol. But I agree, it's a powerful line. I remember actually putting the book down for a second and thinking "wow... that was messed up." This is exactly why it needs to be in the show! Since we can't read her mind, I would like to actually hear it from her lips.

The coming episode will define Season 3. Every scene will be looked back at in the context of this great event: from Tywin's overt confidence and secret letters, to Jaime and Roose Bolton's conversations ('regards') and Jaime's safe return, to Karstark's execution, to the distraction of Talisa, to Bolton's bastard, to the leniency of the Freys and to Melisandres leeches.

It all comes down to this episode.

I can just imagine how Ramsay's identity will be revealed next episode to the viewers. I so hope it goes exactly how I am envisioning it. Roose walks up to Catelyn as she's sitting by Robb at Edmure's wedding and hands her a letter. With the letter comes the skin off Theon's finger. As she asks him what it is in disgust, Roose explains his bastard has him at the Dreadfort, questioning him for the murder of Bran and Rickon. Everything will click with the viewers and their thoughts on Roose will suddenly darken. "THAT'S the son he sent for Theon? Why is he so evil?" They will begin to question Roose's morality and look back on his interactions with Jaime and Brienne. Just as Cat thought she was seeing "grumpkins in the woodpile," viewers will tell themselves it's not so creepy as it seems.

So far this episode is very disappointing. Great costumes, but why are they wasting so much time on this musician and his friend? I did't even know they had pianos in Westeros. Where is this, Highgarden?

So far this episode is very disappointing. Great costumes, but why are they wasting so much time on this musician and his friend? I did't even know they had pianos in Westeros. Where is this, Highgarden?

Typical purist complaining about any deviation from the books.. it's still great television and It's good to see Mace & Willas Tyrell finally even if they are acting a bit out of character... to stay the least.

Archived