[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

I don't know what all you others were thinking, but when I read ASoS, I didn't really care that much about Cat or Robb. I liked them, though I grew bored of Cat's long conversations with her dying father. I wasn't thinking so much about them when reading that book, and when i started on the Red Wedding chapter, I thought it was another normal Cat chapter with not much going on. For me the fact that not much did happen to Robb and Cat before the RW made it even worse, because I was expecting Robb to do some really awesome stuff towards the end of the book. I don't believe the RW will be any less horrible for the unsullied, because as I said, I didn't care much for them in the book, but the entire scene still haunts me in my dreams, and they weren't close to being my favorites (I still liked them).

The circumstances, the deaths, the slaughter, the end of a rebellion, the brutality, the sheer darkness, the madness, the sorrow, the horror, the brutal murder of hope and justice, the betrayals, the knowledge that Robb will never get to avenge his father, the Rains and much more is what makes the RW something that will be remembered, at least IMO.

Robb is still the closest thing we have to a main protagonist though. He's the fallen hero's son on a crusade to avenge his death and topple the incestuous, evil, tyrannical Lannister regime and depose the much-maligned King Joffrey.

His journey coming to an abrupt and bloody end will be just as big a punch to the audience IMO.

Robb is still the closest thing we have to a main protagonist though. He's the fallen hero's son on a crusade to avenge his death and topple the incestuous, evil, tyrannical Lannister regime and depose the much-maligned King Joffrey.

Most of the audience regards Tyrion as the protagonist, or Dany, from my observations.

I concur. I was never under the impression that the show centred on one of the many protagonists (neither did the book centre on just one of the POV characters). I think the shock of losing Robb will not cost viewers. Anyone who's seen Ned's death in season 1 and stuck with the show wouldn't be put off it by Robb's death.

I believe that you don't need to necessarily throw Cat and Robb in the faces of the viewers all the time just to make the event have a bigger impact. Ned's death was easier to predict since his story was reaching its climax. As for Robb and Cat, all the viewers know who they are, and I think most of them think there's still much in store for Robb. Nope, he and his mother are both killed at a wedding, take that viewers!

I can't say how people will react, but I just think the show doesn't need to desperately shout: CAT AND ROBB ARE IMPORTANT CHARACTERS, DON'T STOP CARING ABOUT THEM! I also believe this episode will reinforce that feeling the viewers have that Robb has still stuff to do, and his story isn't even close to reaching a climax.

Most of the audience regards Tyrion as the protagonist, or Dany, from my observations.

Eh, true enough, but neither Dany nor Tyrion are representing the interests of our designated protagonist family. Most non-readers I know are still sold on the idea that the Starks are the main heroes.

I was thinking about ShowLannisters reactions after tonight's event. Does anyone remember the individual Lannister personal reactions from the book, Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion?

Cersei was smugly pleased with herself, despite having nothing to do with it.

Jaime was gobsmacked, but focused more on what this meant for his oath and how to (or whether to) fulfill his promise to a dead woman. We see that he's contemptuous of certain people's parts in it in AFFC, like Jeyne's mother and certain Freys.

Tyrion was suprised too, but more because any hope of his new wife wanting to touch him will be evaporated forever now.

Well, it's Sunday.

Batten down the hatches, folks, the shitstorm to end all shitstorms is incoming.

I've been reading this forum for a while now and finally decided to register. Can't wait for reactions to tonight's episode! Been looking forward to this for 2 weeks now

WOOOOOW ! Something really funny just happened to me !

One of my friends who do not watch the show nor read the books just shared on my wall this picture :

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/179794_539356139444411_1292608451_n.jpg

Without no idea of what it could mean for me today !

Why did I look now I'm sad :(

Since they replaced roose with tywin at harrenhall, Arya hasn't heard about rickon n bran on the show yet right?

WOOOOOW ! Something really funny just happened to me !

One of my friends who do not watch the show nor read the books just shared on my wall this picture :

https://fbcdn-sphoto...292608451_n.jpg

Without no idea of what it could mean for me today !

I've got the Witcher 2 game. When it launches, a big wolf's head pops up on the middle of the desktop. I'm going to have a background with someone sitting the throne (couldn't find any with Robb), and then launch the game when my GoT friend is around just to fuck with him.

Btw, this one made me laugh:

https://sphotos-a.xx...355978849_n.jpg

Someone upthread commented yesterday (and he/she's right) that about 15 seconds after tonight's episode ends, all the GoT sites are gonna crash because of the overload. Westeros, WiC, TWoP, Neogaf, Chud.com. So, we may have some trouble scrolling around and looking for reactions. As one poster said elsewhere about fan reaction after tonight: 'I'm afraid the internet will break!'

Archived