[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

I´m so excited!

I wasn´t to fond of the Cat/Robb arch in the books. But the RW still shocked me a great deal... I really believe it will be a big thing for the show-only-people...

Perhaps not as big as in the books, where you got to watch cat going insane over this directly. This insight into the characters thoughts was the most haunting in my opinion...

I´m really curious about the unsullied-reaction... (Btw I love the term!)

relevant. Also my favorite narm

I´m so excited!

I wasn´t to fond of the Cat/Robb arch in the books. But the RW still shocked me a great deal... I really believe it will be a big thing for the show-only-people...

Perhaps not as big as in the books, where you got to watch cat going insane over this directly. This insight into the characters thoughts was the most haunting in my opinion...

I´m really curious about the unsullied-reaction... (Btw I love the term!)

Yeah, I believe a lot of people have been affected by the RW in a way that made them think they cared more about Cat and Robb, and therefore they think the show has screwed up with those two. Now, which would be more etched into your memory, a scene where Tyrion just dies, nothing more, or the Red Wedding? While I'd hate to see Tyrion die, and the fans would probably throw GRRM off a cliff, I would still look back at that scene as the one where he died. But when it comes to the RW, I remember almost every detail, it's not just the scene where Robb and Cat died. The Red Wedding is sheer horror in its purest form.

The lord of cinder:

Absolutely! It´s a great peace of horror-literature...

To me, Robb´s doom was sealed, when Stannis threw this leeche-thing into the flames.

And then Cat running through the twins, searching for clues, what´s going on and finding none...

So, I was absolutely clear, that he´s not gonna make it. I don´t see a problem in people expecting him to die.

It actually adds to the tension... Because they will be still suprised by the sheere gore. (Well, if they avoided certain websites ;))

I agree with you sometimes when I'm mad at him for Jayne or other decisions, but other times there's no way he could have known that was coming. I mean has a king or even a great lord EVER being murdered for breaking a betrothal?

I respectfully disagree that he couldn't have known it was coming. His naivete got the best of him, as it did Ned. He truly was his "father's son" in that regard.

Robb was warned numerous times that Walder is a prick, and has nothing left but his pride and legacy. And historically, he was told that the Freys have always waited until the end of battle to swoop in and join the winning side. And he even said that letting Robb's army cross the Trident would be construed as abetting treason -- and siding with the North -- and he only did it for one reason: his house would finally get some respect.

He took Robb at his word, and his word was wind.

He also foolishly ignored the warning about trusting Balon Greyjoy. Another genius move.

And lastly, he sent Roose and his forces to die on the Green Fork, with his tactic to create a diversion; a slight that I think is the true underlying motive behind the Bolton's eventual betrayal of the Starks.

All in all, much as I'm Team Stark, Robb's decisions were of the facepalming variety, at best.

Not long now, I think the violence in the episode is going to be very, very graphic. They are using amputees for the Red Wedding scene so expect some nasty stuff. I'm betting the final shot will be dead Robb with the wolf's head looking right at the camera.

I thought you were kidding but then a short google search revealed this is true

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Its_a_Nice_Day_For_A/

SO EXCITED OHMAHGAWD

I believe and I know some peole disagree, that the last shot should be on Robbwind on the throne with all the Freys mockingly chanting the "KING IN THE NORTH"

Not long now, I think the violence in the episode is going to be very, very graphic. They are using amputees for the Red Wedding scene so expect some nasty stuff. I'm betting the final shot will be dead Robb with the wolf's head looking right at the camera.

Agreed

I thought you were kidding but then a short google search revealed this is true

http://www.westeros....Nice_Day_For_A/

SO EXCITED OHMAHGAWD

I'm expecting a lot of bearded men with long hair.

I believe and I know some peole disagree, that the last shot should be on Robbwind on the throne with all the Freys mockingly chanting the "KING IN THE NORTH"

I'm just afraid that'll take away from the RW scene itself. Ending with Cat dying, then awkwardly jumping forwards in time to show Robbwind. I highly doubt the drum will still be pounding a long time after the slaughter, and we need the sound of the drum to end the episode!

I don't even know how they'll edit in the Arya scene without taking away from the slaughter inside the twins. The scene in the book was perfect, and I wish they could film the last part (from the moment of Cat's realization and the Rains) without cutting to Arya mid-scene.

Well, imo, it will happen like this :

- Arya and the Hound passing by the tents and the drunk soldiers.

- Red Wedding inside. Start of the slaughter (death of Talisa).

- Shit breaks loose outside, Arya runs away as the tents are sent ablaze and the Frey army shows up (long scene I'd wager).

- Pursuing of the Red Wedding inside. Wendel Manderly's death.

- Arya making it to the Great Room just in time to see Robb pierced by crossbows and being protected by the Blackfish.

- Maybe Cat will notice Arya at the moment she is taken away by the Hound who goes back the corridor.

- Cat tries to run to Arya but is hit by a crossbow and falls to the ground as Roose Bolton enters the room.

- Maybe the Jinglebells scene. Roose kills Robb. Cat becomes mad and is put down as the drums continue.

- The drums fades away as we see GreyRobb sitting on his throne.

- Credits, silent or Rains.

I'm expecting a lot of bearded men with long hair.

I'm just afraid that'll take away from the RW scene itself. Ending with Cat dying, then awkwardly jumping forwards in time to show Robbwind. I highly doubt the drum will still be pounding a long time after the slaughter, and we need the sound of the drum to end the episode!

I don't even know how they'll edit in the Arya scene without taking away from the slaughter inside the twins. The scene in the book was perfect, and I wish they could film the last part (from the moment of Cat's realization and the Rains) without cutting to Arya mid-scene.

Perhaps they'll end this episode with Cat dying and start episode 10 with the fighting still going on outside the twins and the Hound/Arya.

Theres one prediction i can make, this forum will crash tonight with the unsullied coming to express their shock at the Red Wedding :D

It will be epic

Forget about Winter, the Unsullied are coming

Heh that makes me wonder how many will suddenly start to like Stannis when they realize he's the Starks last shot. Before finding out about the ones secretly still loyal to the Starks I mean

A lot of people might blame Stannis after Balon dies, realising that it's his fault Robb is dead because of the leeches. But then again, they might worship him after Joffrey ...

Reckon it'll end on the moment of Cat being killed, with the immediate repercussions (Cat being thrown over the bridge, Robbwind, link between Roose and "the boy") all coming together in Ep10.

Perhaps they'll end this episode with Cat dying and start episode 10 with the fighting still going on outside the twins and the Hound/Arya.

That could work, as they, in a way, did the same in episodes 9 and 10 of season 1. I don't think they'll do it, though, but it could work. That would mean no Arya "death", which I think is good, and it would be a chilling way to start the last episode, and maybe showing Robbwind and Cat thrown into the river after Arya's scene.

Edit: Just noticed in the preview of next episode a couple of frames with Arya, who looks horrified, together with the Hound in some dark place. I think it's pretty certain they have the Arya chapter in this episode.

I completely agree. I really hope they will mention them in Ep.9, the fact they violated guest right is a huge deal.

:agree: The violation of guest right is enormous, as bad as being a kinslayer.

Archived