Benedict Cumberbatch in GoT?

SkyBry

Who would he play though? I haven't actually scene him personally. Haven't seen Sherlock and have yet to see the New Star Trek. Joncon is the only majorish character left that vaguely suits him.

He also did Parade's End, a BBC-HBO production. But he's a leading man (on TV)/lead villain(film) type of actor these days. Other than playing Hizdahr zo Loraq, I can't imagine who he would play that would provide him a suitable amount of time on screen.

Pretty sure that after his turn on Star Trek, he'll be out of the show's budget, in any case.

Cumberbatch is still doing Sherlock, which pays very little (relatively, compared to films), because he likes the scripts and they only film a few episodes. He might do GoT if it was a good, meaty role but not too time-consuming. The only thing that comes to mind is the Red Viper. I'd say he'd be unconvincing in that role, but then he was cast to play a Nietzschian superman of Indian/Mexican descent, so maybe :P

I could see a Euron Greyjoy as well, if they make the character quite a bit younger. I'm not sure about Hizdahr zo Loraq or any other Meerenese character, looks too white for me?

What about a expanded Aurane Waters that has a "deeper" relationship with Cersei? A few episode arc that is a badass in taking advantage of Cersei...

Archived