Who (if any) of the cast of GOT do you think will be nominated for an Emmy this year?

BaseBornBastard

Definitely NCW. A simplified but enjoyable portrayal of a man undergoing serious mental and pysical changes and how he acts towards the people around him. If awards could be given to the actor who plays the character exactly like how they were in the books, NCW would win every year though.

I was disappointed to see Alfie Allen not even nominated for season 2, where in my opinion he gave the best performance of the entire series. As usual though, most of the actors are overshadowed by Dinklage's acclaim. Had Michelle Fairley been given more to do this season, and depending on how she does in the RW, I think she would/could have a good chance of being nominated.

I'm still holding out hope that Alfie Allen will get the award recognition he deserves when it comes time to adapt the actual Reek/aDwD storyline. If done properly his redemption could be one of the most thrilling parts of the series, just as it was in the book.

Alfie Allen isn't a 'name', I seriously doubt he'll ever get the credit he deserves.

I don't think the material is strong enough for Peter this year. The best writing in season3 is away from King's Landing. The biggest thing he did this season is play drunk and didn't we see that on SNL? I don't think it'd play as credible.

It's difficult for cast members of GoT to be nominated for these type of things, considering the amount of screen-time they all get throughout the seasons and the size of the cast. In saying that, I would love for NCW to be at least nominated; outstanding season so far.

I'm already expecting there to be a possible nomination for whoever they cast for Oberyn next year. It's such a colourful, memorable role that with the right actor they could do the book justice. I'm probably thinking too far ahead, but I'm so excited for the Red Viper on the show.

They're far too bias against "genre" entertainment to nominate anybody but Peter Dinklage, who I imagine they nominate just for the novelty of it more than anything else. As for who should be nominated, I think a very good argument can be made for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in the supporting category. Lena Heady has been very good this year but has had limited screen time and was even better last year when she had a more prominent role and still failed to garner a nomination.

They're far too bias against "genre" entertainment to nominate anybody but Peter Dinklage, who I imagine they nominate just for the novelty of it more than anything else.

Agreed. Having the prestige of airing on HBO also helps, but if the showrunners revealed that everything we've seen has been Bran's dream, and that he's actually the paralyzed child of a modern-day "eccentric and rebellious - but brilliant" NY city cop, Nikolaj would have a much better chance of getting nominated playing that role.

I haven't seen this posted yet but the Broadcast Critics announced their nominations and NCW got a nod for Best Supporting Actor, Riggs for Best Guest Actor and Clarke for Supporting Actress.

Archived