Who (if any) of the cast of GOT do you think will be nominated for an Emmy this year?

BaseBornBastard

Emilia Clarke is definitely getting nominated this year, and will probably win; the Dracarys episode is an incredible moment of television and a perfect emmy reel moment, I think Queen of Thorns will probably get a guest star nomination. NCJ's bath scene is another good emmy reel moment, so he's got a decent chance. I wish Charles Dance would get nominated, as he's consistently giving the best performance of anyone in the series, by far.

I haven't seen this posted yet but the Broadcast Critics announced their nominations and NCW got a nod for Best Supporting Actor, Riggs for Best Guest Actor and Clarke for Supporting Actress.

Glad this is mentioned. I do think those three are the most likely to be nominated for this year's Emmy.

I'm already expecting there to be a possible nomination for whoever they cast for Oberyn next year. It's such a colourful, memorable role that with the right actor they could do the book justice. I'm probably thinking too far ahead, but I'm so excited for the Red Viper on the show.

Yes! If they pick the absolute perfect actor, which they seem to do every time, I smell an award.

I'd agree with the general consensus that NCW has been a step ahead this season and well in line for a nomination.

Supporting actors I've also really liked this season:

Charles Dance - Nuff said

Diana Rigg - what an entrance she's made!

Natalie Dormer - She stole the first half of the season for me, was captivating in every scene. Essentially became larger than her role.

I'd agree with the general consensus that NCW has been a step ahead this season and well in line for a nomination.

Supporting actors I've also really liked this season:

Charles Dance - Nuff said

Diana Rigg - what an entrance she's made!

Natalie Dormer - She stole the first half of the season for me, was captivating in every scene. Essentially became larger than her role.

Great choices, and I totally agree. Natalie Dormer has been for me the particular standout - I was sort of indifferent to Margaery in the books (though I did get satisfaction off Cersei's jealousy), but Natalie's acting has been perfect and really cemented Margaery as an interesting character in the show.

I suppose it's actually fortunate that we have a dilemma where we have too many quality actors/actresses to choose from!

Emilia Clarke, Peter or Diana Rigg. Anyone of these three and I'll be happy, altough I'd love to see Emilia being at least nominated. Her performance has been brilliant this season, there's no doubt.

I haven't seen this posted yet but the Broadcast Critics announced their nominations and NCW got a nod for Best Supporting Actor, Riggs for Best Guest Actor and Clarke for Supporting Actress.

Clarke is not a bad actress, and she did fine in the Dracarys scene, but it's ridiculous that she would be nominated for best actress when literally every other female cast member on the show is better than her.

Emilia Clarke gets better and better

Charles Dance is just incredible and Diana Rigg is a gem, i could watch her bitching all day long.

Dance will have a, um, short time in season four, I guess, so he should be nominated now.

Peter Dinklage is as good as always, the drunk Tyrion was tragic and hilarious at a time. This lets me very much look forward to even more awesome acting whem Tyrion has his darkest moments......... The trial, the murders.......

Alfie Allen is equally good.

And Natalie Dorner adds so much to her role, she is outstanding, look at the changes in her face when Cersei tells the Castamere story: one moment of dissolution and the next composure and smiling again. And "yes, my dear child, my mother taught me", comedy at its best.

Edit: And there is Rose Leslie: a delight to watch, she adds so much to Ygritte and easily steals the show from Kit Harington.

Coster-Waldau is of painful, wonderful intensity, the bath scene with Christie breathtaking.

After the first couple of episodes, I was hoping that Michelle Fairley would get nominated, but considering that Cat has been pushed to the background in favour of Robb, I just don't see it happening anymore. I'm doubtful of any acting noms being given to GOT this year, since the two most likely candidates(Dinklage and Headey) haven't had much to work with this year. But I would love to see NCW be nominated, simply for the bath scene alone.

How the hell could Emilia Clarke be a supporting anything? She's one of if not the main character...

Nobody on Game of Thrones, not even Dinklage, has enough screentime to be considered a real lead by TV standards.

Archived