Belfast Mini-Moot ~ Sat 8 June

Myself and a number of other folks are coming over to Belfast on the weekend of 8-9 June for the Game of Thrones exhibition at the Titanic Centre.

This calls for a mini-moot! I suspect we'll be meeting up Saturday morning at the Titanic Centre. I think there are several different times that people have tickets for so we'll probably be hanging around there until everyone has been through, which I think will be about lunchtime. From there I expect we'll find a pub to spend the rest of the day so we'll arrange to meet everyone there during the afternoon and evening.

Does anyone know if McHughs is still open? I know Botanic Inns went into administration but are all their pubs now shut or has someone bought up their properties and reopened? If not and McHughs is gone does anyone have an alternative venue suggestion? I would have thought Robinsons would be too busy for us on a Saturday night but it's always an option I suppose.

Please post in this thread if you're interested in attending so we can figure out the numbers.

Helen Sloan's show (on set photos of Game of Thrones) opens at the Ulster Museum Saturday night. I've been in touch and we're allowed at opening night. Wasn't sure if it was open to the public ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry yes, I shouldn't have used the word "sale". I knew they were free. I never got them when they were "available". :)

If there are tickets still available, I'm happy to take one. So i'll drop over to that other forum. (But don't worry unduly if they are already gone).

If there are tickets available, can I get an idea of what people plan to do over the weekend? (E.g. Meet up when, leaving when etc). Or is all the relevant info on the Titancon forum? When I started to look at going to this event, the Exhibition's website had already ran out of tickets, so I didn't investigate further.

My friend and I will get to Belfast on Saturday afternoon,we could only get tickets for Sunday morning. It would be nice to meet up with some other ASOIAF enthusiasts while we're there any chance you could post where you'll be going pub-wise when you know??

We'll post our location in this thread when we've got plans figured out but for much of the afternoon I think we'll be hanging around outside the exhibition or in the cafe since many of us are going in at different times of the day.

There will also be updates on my Twitter account @TitanConBelfast

We'll post our location in this thread when we've got plans figured out but for much of the afternoon I think we'll be hanging around outside the exhibition or in the cafe since many of us are going in at different times of the day.

There will also be updates on my Twitter account @TitanConBelfast

Ok cheers for that, hopefully see you all on Saturday!!

Should have replied earlier - d'oh !!

Alas, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend are insisting I party with them in Dublin on the Saturday night - leaving early to be up at Exhibition on Sunday. If body still hanging together by then, hopefully calling over to Ulster Museum to see the Helen Sloan exhibition as welll.

Archived