Possible Aegon I and Daenerys Parallel ?

Ribupr

Myself, and a few of my friends who read the books, often throw around and debate theories and outcomes for the ending of the books. Granted, most of them are for fun and highly unlikely, but this one seems to resonate and hold a belief for a few of my friends. Though I find it borderline dumb, and I would be pissed if it happened, I was curious what others think of the likelihood of it happening are (I would search for this and see if it has been discussed on other threads, but I don't really want to).

Aegon I had 2 sister-wives, conquered Westeros, and after unifying it, leaves it in the hands of his sisters to be governed. So the question is...Is this what Dany is going to do?

Bullet-points of what they believe will happen:

- Dany comes to Westeros and when she is on the verge of winning the second dance of the dragons, Aegon surrenders, and Dany accepts it and takes him as her husband.

- Somehow she finds out about the Others and goes to the wall, and Jon, already knowing his parentage, talks with Dany about it. She sees the parallel between her and Aegon and having multiple husbands, dragons, and along with the prophesy and conquer-age, takes him to husband as well (don't ask me why...Jon would never do that).

-They all fight the Others, and somehow all survive. 3 heads...dragon...blah blah friggin blah

-Dany realizes after her Slaver's Bay debacle, and her weariness of politics and war, realizes she doesn't want the queenship, and leaves Aegon and Jon to rule the North and South under Targ names.

I find this to be too neat, other than the fact I don't like it, but I was curious if others find this likely.

This theory has been brought up a fair bit before, and unfortunately it has three potentially large flaws.

First, from a purely biological perspective (and especially in the male dominated world of Westeros), a husband taking two wives and a wife taking two husbands are extremely different things. Frankly, Aegon could sire children on both his wives (and did), while Dany could only continue the Targ dynasty one father at a time.

Second, while there are a thousand things that could override her wishes, neither Jon or Aegon seems to be Dany's type. I would find it hard to believe she has any interest i either character, let alone both of them.

Finally, there is the problem that Aegon is likely a fake (and will be exposed as such) while Jon has no wish to be King, having turned the offer down from Stannis already. The three heads of the dragon (which doesn't necessarily mean three dragon riders), could well include Jon, but this is pure speculation since nothing in his arc has had any sort of connection to the Targs thus far. Dany and Bloodraven are the only two confirmed dragons left, and I don't think a spouse for the former is going fulfill the third slot.

Myself, and a few of my friends who read the books, often throw around and debate theories and outcomes for the ending of the books. Granted, most of them are for fun and highly unlikely, but this one seems to resonate and hold a belief for a few of my friends. Though I find it borderline dumb, and I would be pissed if it happened, I was curious what others think of the likelihood of it happening are (I would search for this and see if it has been discussed on other threads, but I don't really want to).

Aegon I had 2 sister-wives, conquered Westeros, and after unifying it, leaves it in the hands of his sisters to be governed. So the question is...Is this what Dany is going to do?

Bullet-points of what they believe will happen:

- Dany comes to Westeros and when she is on the verge of winning the second dance of the dragons, Aegon surrenders, and Dany accepts it and takes him as her husband.

- Somehow she finds out about the Others and goes to the wall, and Jon, already knowing his parentage, talks with Dany about it. She sees the parallel between her and Aegon and having multiple husbands, dragons, and along with the prophesy and conquer-age, takes him to husband as well (don't ask me why...Jon would never do that).

-They all fight the Others, and somehow all survive. 3 heads...dragon...blah blah friggin blah

-Dany realizes after her Slaver's Bay debacle, and her weariness of politics and war, realizes she doesn't want the queenship, and leaves Aegon and Jon to rule the North and South under Targ names.

I find this to be too neat, other than the fact I don't like it, but I was curious if others find this likely.

Well the OTHERS are wild card are they not?

If D&D know something from GRRM and that Danny's vision in the HoUD was a true vision, it looks as if the others trash KL.

What does that mean?

Going to nitpick ( :P ) on a detail in a post by The Mountain That Flies:

When has Jon turned down being a King by Stannis? It was Lordship of Winterfell, if I recall correctly, and that was due to Stannis wanting to burn down Jon's father figure's weirwood, and renounce his Gods by doing so.

(It coming from Robb might be a completely different thing, as he'll need to North's assistance with what's going to happen at the Wall and the North.)

OP: I don't see Dany marrying either of the guys, either. I too think that all the info we're getting on Blackfyres means something, and fAegon will be disposed of, and Jon might not be into polygamy and incestuous relationships. You have a bit of silly friends. :D

When has Jon turned down being a King by Stannis? It was Lordship of Winterfell, if I recall correctly, and that was due to Stannis wanting to burn down Jon's father figure's weirwood, and renounce his Gods by doing so.

(It coming from Robb might be a completely different thing, as he'll need to North's assistance with what's going to happen at the Wall and the North.)

You're right, it was Lordship of Winterfell that was offered and refused, and the burning of the godswood was a huge part of the reason he said no (I shouldn't post right before falling asleep). In the scenario imagined by the OP, Dany might be more allowing of old god customs, but I stand by my belief than Jon would want nothing to do with being king of anything.

Ribupr, I pretty much agree with this theory, only I think Dany will die in child-birth leaving Aegon free to marry Arianne Martell and Jon free to marry Val. And her son (Rhaego again, maybe?) will inherit the Iron Throne. Jon is Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell, Aegon would be Lord of Dragonstone and Warden of the East.

Archived