Small questions v.10006

Angalin

Fair enough. I will say however that if it turns out he is not a eunuch that would be his greatest feat of mummery would it not?

Perhaps, if he reveals himself as not a eunuch, what would have been the point of him letting the people assume that he is, doesn't make sense when you consider Varys plans, his greatest feat of mummery would be Aegon who is blackfyre (in my view), yet everyone is fooled including Daenerys and is considered Rhaegar's heir, a red dragon instead of black and wins the IT with all the lords of the seven kingdoms promising fealty and loyalty to Aegon.

Perhaps, if he reveals himself as not a eunuch, what would have been the point of him letting the people assume that he is, doesn't make sense when you consider Varys plans, his greatest feat of mummery would be Aegon who is blackfyre (in my view), yet everyone is fooled including Daenerys and is considered Rhaegar's heir, a red dragon instead of black and wins the IT with all the lords of the seven kingdoms promising fealty and loyalty to Aegon.

I almost agree with everything you said except I am not 100% convinced that Aegon is not the son of Rhaegar and Elia.

I almost agree with everything you said except I am not 100% convinced that Aegon is not the son of Rhaegar and Elia.

Ok, I wont debate that, since everyone has their views about the Aegon Blackfyre theory, I giving the link below just in case you haven't read it, but that post is very well structured and excellent reasoning

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/86100-aegon-varys-and-serra-the-backfyre-triangle/

I don't think they wokred together before the nomination process but I can't recall if this is mentioned or not.

Sam must have certainly talked to Edd after talking to Mallister and Pyke, that way he could get Jon in the choosing of the LC, since no one nominated him at first, neither was he interested, so when the time came Edd withdrew and nominated Jon.

Thanks! It just seemed a bit too convenient that Sam wanted Jon nominated and there's Edd randomly doing it, but I couldn't for the life of me remember if any of that was stated in the text, or what the specifics were if it was!

Great point about Edd having to withdraw his name--he was already going to have to address the brothers, so he and Sam probably jumped on the chance to use that as the opportunity to submit Jon's name.

@ Black Mike IIRC GRRM has said the story won't go to Sothors. He said that he want to be real in a sense. That people in that kind of time, would here stories about different places, but know one they would know would have ever gone there. Or something like that.

Afaik, the Reynes of Castamere were second most powerful house to the Lannisters, becuause of their gold mines, what happened to those gold mines, are they still mined and under the control of the lannisters of Castely Rock?

Something I don't understand in relation to forum debates, if your the son or daughter of a king that is deposed and your royal blood do you have a 'claim' to the thrones or is that something that can be taken away?

Well, you still have a claim-- but the guy who's sitting on the throne won't acknowledge it. The Jacobites are a good historical example of this.

Afaik, the Reynes of Castamere were second most powerful house to the Lannisters, becuause of their gold mines, what happened to those gold mines, are they still mined and under the control of the lannisters of Castely Rock?

Yes I think the Lannisters absolved the mines into their own protection.

Yet we have never had any actual proof of it.

He's never shown his crotch to any POV character, but there are 2 theories how his tale fits into the story:

1, He's a Blackfyre. The wizard who cut him tried to pull some sort of ritual with "king's blood" á la Melisandre.

2, Again, he's a Blackfyre, and he was castrated so he couldn't beget future generation of rebels. (Of course, they've didn't take the same precautions with his sister, who was "just" sold into slavery, and now Varys tries to help his nephew on the throne.) I like this one better.

Really embarrassed to ask, but does Arya ever get word of Bran and Rickon's "murder" or of Theon taking Winterfell? If so, when?

I believe she overhears it while serving Roose Bolton at Harrenhal. I don't have the books handy to find a quote.

Something I don't understand in relation to forum debates, if your the son or daughter of a king that is deposed and your royal blood do you have a 'claim' to the thrones or is that something that can be taken away?

You still have a claim, but it wouldn't be acknowledged by the current King.

I believe she overhears it while serving Roose Bolton at Harrenhal. I don't have the books handy to find a quote.

Thank you! It's never occurred to me before, but I'll go back and check that section.

Yes that's how she hears about it!

II: 891 (paperback):

"He has lost the north," insisted Hosteen Frey, "His Grace has lost Winterfell! His brothers are dead..."

For a moment Arya forgot to breathe. Dead? Bran and Rickon? What does he mean? What does he mean about Winterfell, Joffrey could never take Winterfell, never, Robb would never let him.

Archived