Small questions v.10006

Angalin

Why does Sam not lose any weight?

He goes from pampered noble on a high fat low exercise lifestyle to the NW. That's a big difference. Ok he's not out as a Ranger etc but still, it should be having an impact.

IIRC, Sam mentions adjusting his belt and its noted that he loses weight.

Do we know the territories of Northern Lords? Does anyone know if there is any map that I can see the territories of the lands that each House holds? (Like for example who has the biggest share of lands or how big is Umbers’ land?)

I am sorry if this doesn’t belong there I thought that it was better than a thread of its own.

I'm sure this has been debated, but does anyone think that because the first book is Game of Thrones, plural, that it foreshadows the end of 1 iron throne? I see lots of threads talk about 3 heads of the dragon and how each may wind up with a throne, but is this one of the reasons?

In his last chapter of aDwD, Jon received a letter. I'm pretty sure you know what i'm talking about.

So, did Ramsay really write that letter, because one of Mance's spearwives told him about the plan (IIRC one was captured)?

Maybe i'm just over-analysing things.

Cheers

Also-- First post, and i'm having fun already.

In his last chapter of aDwD, Jon received a letter. I'm pretty sure you know what i'm talking about.

So, did Ramsay really write that letter, because one of Mance's spearwives told him about the plan (IIRC one was captured)?

Maybe i'm just over-analysing things.

Cheers

Also-- First post, and i'm having fun already.

There's a lot of speculation about this. I think it's sent by Melisandre in attempt to hasten Jon's death and rebirth as AAR (though how does she know about Ramsay's Reek?). Others think it was actually Ramsay because of all the information that the letter's author possesses. Anyway, there's so many threads about this that you should be able to find your answer in one. Just google asoiaf.westeros.org <pink letter> (or something equally appropriate) and you should find all kinds of information.

Do the Boltons use melted down human flesh for their pink seals?

It has never been confirmed, but some have speculated that they have.

If he's not a eunuch then there's a new candidate for father of Aegon I think.

Ah yes, that's true.

In the show, Rosalyn is shown grabbing in that area and appears not to find anything.

Ah yes, I forgot that. Well that's that question answered once and for all.

Is the Milk of the Poppy made from Opium?

it's just that i was watching an episode of The Borgias and Opium was also referred to as the Tears of the Poppy

I am about 90% sure Milk of the Poppy is opium. Poppy is actually the RL name of the flower it's grown from.

Do we know the territories of Northern Lords? Does anyone know if there is any map that I can see the territories of the lands that each House holds? (Like for example who has the biggest share of lands or how big is Umbers’ land?)

I am sorry if this doesn’t belong there I thought that it was better than a thread of its own.

Here.

ETA: 2000th post! :D

It is not a factual question, but are there any other theories about what happened to Benjen, aside from him being Coldhands or the hooded man in Winterfell? I do not seem to find any.

I think I remember someone suggesting he was captured by the Others, just google Benjen Stark theories, GRRM said that we would see the Lands of always winter, so I think we will find out about Benjen's fate then, the Coldhands theory has been put forward the most. I believe Benjen might be alive somewhere near the lands of always winter, with information on how to tackle the threat of the others.

Archived