Small questions v.10006

Angalin

How do you figure? I think Sansa is about "of age" by now. Anyway in order to claim the north she would have to reveal herself as Sansa Stark, at which point it would be clear that Littlefinger wasn't her father so why would he rule in her name? I wouldn't rule out some plan to hill Harold and marry Sansa down the line.

I don't think 13 is of age. You're right about revealing himself and everyone going 'OHMIGOD its Littlefinger, but I mean he has to has some sort of a plan to rule the North, because just marrying Sansa to Harold will render him useless.

Why is pretty much everyone on the forums considering Rickon the next King of winter? As a big Bran fan, it annoys to me no end. Every time I read it, I feel like Cat when she heard "Lord Edmure" before her father died

Why is pretty much everyone on the forums considering Rickon the next King of winter? As a big Bran fan, it annoys to me no end. Every time I read it, I feel like Cat when she heard "Lord Edmure" before her father died

It's because we think Bran will be the next Bloodraven-- the greatest greenseer of all time. He will be too busy to be the Lord of Winterfell. Also, the books seem to say that Bran can't father children because of his disability. A Lord needs heirs.

Does Mya Stone not know who her father is? She tells Sansa that she remembers a man throwing her up in the air but no mention of him being King Robert. Why would she leave that part out.? There are people in the Vale who know she is Roberts kid.

I 100% agree with you. Its annoying when people say that it wont be Bran cause he is just going to be a tree in the cave. Especially since there is no reason for him to be. Bloodraven didnt go to the cave when he was 10, he went when he was close to 100. Bran can live a semi normal life with Rickon as his heir, if he cant have his own kids, then retire to the cave when he is old.

Does Mya Stone not know who her father is? She tells Sansa that she remembers a man throwing her up in the air but no mention of him being King Robert. Why would she leave that part out.? There are people in the Vale who know she is Roberts kid.

She doesn't know-- almost everyone else does though, her father's identity is an open secret in the Vale.

When Sam meets Archmaester Marwyn he tells Sam

“Ask yourself why Aemon Targaryen was allowed to waste his life upon the Wall, when by rights he should have been raised to archmaester. His blood was why. He could not be trusted. No more than I can.”

What does he mean by the no more than I can part? Is his blood also the reason or just because he believes in the prophecies and stuff like Aemon?

When Sam meets Archmaester Marwyn he tells Sam

"Ask yourself why Aemon Targaryen was allowed to waste his life upon the Wall, when by rights he should have been raised to archmaester. His blood was why. He could not be trusted. No more than I can."

What does he mean by the no more than I can part? Is his blood also the reason or just because he believes in the prophecies and stuff like Aemon?

I assume it means that Targaryens are "predisposed" to magic, prophecy and stuff like that, just like Marwyn is. He knows the other maesters don't trust him.

Probably an irrelevant question, but I'll go for it anyway.

I know that most members (myself included), believe the theory about the Frey Pies. I misremember - has this ever actually been confirmed?

Probably an irrelevant question, but I'll go for it anyway.

I know that most members (myself included), believe the theory about the Frey Pies. I misremember - has this ever actually been confirmed?

I believe there was an SSM that confirmed canibalism or more than one instance of canibalism in ADwD.

Archived