Small questions v.10006

Angalin

Did Cersie take Roberts last name when they married? I can't remember if I read it anywhere as to why she did or didn't for I only know her as Cersie Lannister.

Not really proof one way or the other but I just searched the ebooks and the phrase Cersei Baratheon doesn't appear even once.

Not really proof one way or the other but I just searched the ebooks and the phrase Cersei Baratheon doesn't appear even once.

Thats what i thought... Flippin' Lannisters lol, akways so proud. Thanks!!!

Are the seven new gods powerless in a magical sense? What I mean is: R'hllor offers various truly magical powers, the god of the Faceless allows (I think Jaqen does it once) for 'magical' face transformation, and the Old Gods/Gods of the North are, from what I understand, the Greenseers, who obviously have magical properties. It seems odd that the most popular religion in Westeros is devoid of any such power.

Are the seven new gods powerless in a magical sense? What I mean is: R'hllor offers various truly magical powers, the god of the Faceless allows (I think Jaqen does it once) for 'magical' face transformation, and the Old Gods/Gods of the North are, from what I understand, the Greenseers, who obviously have magical properties. It seems odd that the most popular religion in Westeros is devoid of any such power.

First off welcome, second that's not really a small question. There have been quite a few god related topics on here. Question about the Gods (spoilers) - General (ASoIaF) - A Forum of Ice and Fire

Is there anything magical about the Iron Throne?

I doubt it.

I believe that none of the gods are real or hold any power. People who have discovered magic made up a god to provide an explanation for it. The Old Gods are real but they're not actually gods, just powerful sorcerers.

In answer to your question, no there is no magic attributed to the Seven, though the Andals claimed to have seen them before they sailed to Westeros.

ETA: Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Lannister lion: In the books it says it`s golden lion on crimson, yet on wiki it`s passant, and on TV show it`s rampant? So, which is it? Rampant or passant?

Lannister lion: In the books it says it`s golden lion on crimson, yet on wiki it`s passant, and on TV show it`s rampant? So, which is it? Rampant or passant?

Going from the picture in the appendix of aGoT it's passant. But I also doubt that Westeros has a College of Arms, there could be any number of variations that are more or less official.

ETA: Maybe the Maesters serve as a College of Arms?

Going from the picture in the appendix of aGoT it's passant. But I also doubt that Westeros has a College of Arms, there could be any number of variations that are more or less official.

ETA: Maybe the Maesters serve as a College of Arms?

I am working on an essay for my thread about lions, and I was wondering. In the books it`s just golden lion on crimson, and it`s charge is never discussed. That`s why I asked. Thank you. And yes, I think Maesters serve as College of Arms.

Is Bran able to control ravens? If so that would make him one heck of an ally for, well Jon, is the only Stark left with any cards to play. If Jon isn't dead that is.

He could control were letters are sent. Communicate some. Thoughts?

Yes, he learns how to warg at least ravens that have been warged by others during his time with Bloodraven:

Slipping into Summer’s skin had become as easy for him as slipping on a pair of breeches once

had been, before his back was broken. Changing his own skin for a raven’s night-black feathers had been

harder, but not as hard as he had feared, not with these ravens. “

I don't know if you've read the Theon sample chapter from the next book, but there's been some speculation that Bran may be influencing the ravens there.

Yes, he learns how to warg at least ravens that have been warged by others during his time with Bloodraven:

I don't know if you've read the Theon sample chapter from the next book, but there's been some speculation that Bran may be influencing the ravens there.

In Jon's final chapter of A Dance with Dragons, that raven that follows him around was also calling Jon's full name. Which it'd never done before. That's a pretty cool twist and further incentive for Bran to stay with the CotF. Since he can actually be helpful.

Who is the younger sibling, Benjen or Lyanna? I always thought it was Benjen, but the family tree on the Wiki has Lyanna as the younger one. Can someone please help me with this?

Benjen is the youngest Stark of that generation.

And the wiki is not 100% reliable.

Is it ever stated in the books if Dany keeps any god(s)?

If so, which?

Not outright. However, when confronted with the possibility of her life ending, she doubts that the 7 from far away Westeros would claim her, and speculates shortly about the Dothraki horse god and harpies before refocussing her thoughts on reality.

So the correct answer seems to be "None, really", but a complete discussion of Dany's spirituality would probably merit its own thread.

She also doesn't want to go the way of the Red Faith.

My question, which our very own Dornishman's Wife could not completely answer:

In Game of Thrones: Genesis, a PC strategy game, you can play as Nymeria coming to Dorne. In it, there is a major choice you need to make: Either you marry Mors Martell or the leader of House Jordayne. Is this freedom of choice canon or just something to spice things up with a "what-if?" scenario.

Archived